JohnnyB

Obama to tighten gun laws by E.O. on Monday!

Can you imagine what this will do to NJ's already bogged down NICS system? Remember we don't use the National NICS system.

Actually, we do use the federal system.  Everyone has to.  We just go through NJ NICS to get to them. 

See this post.

we do. but we don't use it directly. it goes through the state pd as a poc. that's where the bog is.

Yes... I know that, but don't you think when Nics check requests double or even triple due to panic buying and then add on private sales that will have to go through the NJ system, we are likely to see delays like we have never seen before...much worse then 2013 after Sandy Hook. I'm sure there will be added surprises in his EO. I get hot and cold with the NRA when they ask for money all the time, but I am sending them money this week!

Or just LAZY

No from what I understand there are only 2-3 people plus a supervisor per shift now. They cut down staffing during the week, and added a couple on Saturdays.

They are good people.

Yes... I know that, but don't you think when Nics check requests double or even triple due to panic buying and then add on private sales that will have to go through the NJ system, we are likely to see delays like we have never seen before...much worse then 2013 after Sandy Hook. I'm sure there will be added surprises in his EO. I get hot and cold with the NRA when they ask for money all the time, but I am sending them money this week!

yea i do. i just don't know if they do it deliberately or not. i'd like to think that they don't. i'd like to think that they're gonna expect this and put extra staffing on......but we all know how that's gonna work, lolol

Omao isn't going to do shit. The reason he hasn't done shit yet is all his lawyers and people are telling him he can't DO shit. The worst he can do is make things that are illegal MORE illegal... which doesn't do shit. Like for example, issue an EO saying dealers have to report stolen/lost guns. (which, they already have to. but now they have to report them MOAR FASTAR!!!)

Great so these 2 a-holes will be destroying both the first and second amendment at the same time.

Based on what I read, the EO will make offer that a "reasonable" person cant refuse.  And just like Obama care, they will stand unchallenged / defeated when challenged. 

* Declaring some threshold (say 25 sales per year) to qualify as "in the business of"

* Personal collection to include some timeframe limit - say atleast 1 year in the collection

<sarcasm>Doesnt that sound like common sense to you ? Who need to sell more than 25 firearms or as often as once a year ? </sarcasm>

ATF gets more money. 

100% of FUDDs will back this up.

95% of average joes will go about their daily lives.

NRA may bring couple of lawsuits. Dems will (obviously) blame NRA for lacking common sense, insensitive clod and being child killers.

Repubs will threaten some lawsuit (just like they did with Obama care) but get back to campaign activity on the heels of elections coming up.  

When I came in there was like 47 reply's to this post and I stopped reading after the first page before I wrote this reply so I hope its not redundant.

I wonder if the pro 2A opposition to the EO could go this route? The key issue here seems to be what defines a "DEALER". That said if the EO defines Dealer as say 3 per year as the magic number, as a block to this scenario, couldn't it be argued that any private seller of any item requiring a dealers license be held to the same requirement? Example: Someone who sells 3 used cars per year is required to have a Used Car Dealers License? I think anyone who would argue with this logic would be undisputedly exposed as being bias against legitimate gun rights.

I believe there is a certain number of car transactions that will flag you as a dealer... I do not know what that magical number is.... But it does exist in NJ

Sent from my iPhone

That's the point.....  One needs a license to be a used car dealer. If the numbers between what defines a person as a dealer differs between  guns and anything else that show bias. 

Upon investigation......

As far as number of cars that someone can sell in each state of course differs ..... the key words in each state are....  " For Profit" .....  

Most states in this country seem to have a limit of 5-10 cars that you can sell For Profit BEFORE coming a Dealer....

In NJ.... it seems you can buy and sell as many cars as you want ..... there is actually no real limit I can find.... but I do think after a certain amount you will raise a flag for the State to look for their share of Income/Sales tax i bet......

So how E.O. Obama will read is anyone's guess as far as what he will try to apply to gun sales....

IMHO ..... I think he will not get anywhere with this.... 

EXECUTIVE ORDER

A presidential policy directive that implements or interprets a federal statute, a constitutional provision, or a treaty.

The president's power to issue executive orders comes from Congress and the U.S. Constitution.

Executive orders do not require congressional approval. Thus, the president can use them to set policy while avoiding public debate and opposition.

Congress can override the EO with a 2/3 vote.

The RINO congress will roll over and play dead

Wait. ....let me get this straight. ....

If there is a gunowners that is moving product for profit without a license and no backround checks we think this is ok? Really.....???

What about the legit dealers that have to jump through hoops to stay in bbusiness within legal means to stay in business such as state and federal licensure. ....

I'm sorry that is wrong. ..if you are a valid collector and are making trades and transactions to enhance a collection I can understand...but if you buy flip make a profit WITHOUT licensing. ...I CAN get behind that being stopped....

There should be no licensing, particularly by the federal government.

If there is a gunowners that is moving product for profit without a license and no backround checks we think this is ok? Really.....???

What about the legit dealers that have to jump through hoops to stay in bbusiness within legal means to stay in business such as state and federal licensure. ....

I'm sorry that is wrong. ..if you are a valid collector and are making trades and transactions to enhance a collection I can understand...but if you buy flip make a profit WITHOUT licensing. ...I CAN get behind that being stopped....

Let me get this straight. One of ardent supporters of 2A from this forum now supports additional EOs and laws because they are good for the business ? 

GCA was concocted by taking advantage of loops holes in interstate commerce laws, resulting in FFL business and de facto registration and tracking.  Now we want more of it ?

On the flipping for profit - doesnt ATF already go after people who flip firearms for profit without license ? Wasnt there few cases of people getting arrested for flipping firearms ? Why another EO ? 

The more Obummer anti 2A stuff tries will just drive more gun sales and this will be good for the industry. I believe another effect is more newbies will buy-thinking I better buy while I still can. This means an increase in the constituency, more people with a vested interest in 2A and CCW issues. This will ultimately be good for us.

I can't flip a house without a real estate broker license? I can't operate as an Uber driver without a taxi medallion? Tesla can't sell cars here directly without going through a dealership? I can't work at a shop because I'm not union? Tell me what else I can't do.