Never heard of them before so i looked them up, first knife i looked up was a knock off of a Tom Brown design (which isn't even that great a knife).  These Moorehaus knives are not real Damascus steel or handmade.  If i had to guess i would say its a refinished Mtech which you can buy on HSN for a couple dollars per knife

Look man, you want to buy it, buy it.

When you see Damascus knives with firework under $100, they are coming from someplace in Southeast Asia, or China. End of story.

There's a whole niche industry of obfuscating the point of origin. I've got one that says made in Italy. Which was also being sold as made in Spain, made in Germany ,etc. most of what you are paying for is to route it through those countries where it possibly receives enough assembly to be 'made in'.

I bought mine because I was curious and wanted a pretty knife. It's FAR from master craftsmanship. But it is a real Damascus blank made out of high carbon alloys with a decent edge on it. No idea on the heat treat.

At best, I suspect these knives are being finished from blanks in the us. At worst, they are just hitting a shipping agent here. I've seen other brands with similar product doing the same.

That being said, my $70 art knife isn't art, but it is a reasonably constructed knife.

Look man, you want to buy it, buy it.

When you see Damascus knives with firework under $100, they are coming from someplace in Southeast Asia, or China. End of story.

There's a whole niche industry of obfuscating the point of origin. I've got one that says made in Italy. Which was also being sold as made in Spain, made in Germany ,etc. most of what you are paying for is to route it through those countries where it possibly receives enough assembly to be 'made in'.

I bought mine because I was curious and wanted a pretty knife. It's FAR from master craftsmanship. But it is a real Damascus blank made out of high carbon alloys with a decent edge on it. No idea on the heat treat.

At best, I suspect these knives are being finished from blanks in the us. At worst, they are just hitting a shipping agent here. I've seen other brands with similar product doing the same.

That being said, my $70 art knife isn't art, but it is a reasonably constructed knife.

It was a gift from a friend.

Not for nothing,

If somebody says" that thing is junk, mec sumtin, hsn." There is nothing wrong with asking for his knowledge base.

My own research just came up with some good Amazon reviews, and some robo YouTube stuff.

I can tell you it's hard steel, edge was done poorly by hand. I spent many hours with my Lansky to make somthing of it.

Ckd YouTube. Got some robo voice video.

Yeah, like I said.. China or some other place nearby where labor is cheap and steel doesn't have to travel too far or go through too many unfavorable exchange rates. It is what it is. Mine had a pretty decent edge, straight, sharp, clean, but not particularly polished. 

They usually aren't total junk, but they also aren't the deal of the century.