tattooo

What is the meaning behind your screen name ?

I have always been a “car” guy and this is the screen name I came up with many years ago when I started participating in multiple online automobile forums.

AVB are the initials of my name. AMG is the short version name of Mercedes-AMG GmbH, which is the high performance automotive engineering and manufacturing division of Mercedes-Benz, headquartered in Affalterbach, Germany. The letters AMG stand for the last names of two of the founders: Hans Werner Aufrecht and Erhard Melcher and the “G” stands for GroBaspach, (Aufrecht's birth Town).

My avatar is the AMG crest superimposed via PhotoShop, over the Mercedes-Benz logo and trademark 3-pointed star, bordered with a laureate wreath and brand name,that was developed in 1926 to celebrate the merging of Daimler and Benz, to form Mercedes-Benz.

Nice.....

Screen name is so I won't be mistaken for my best bud, and fellow Joni Mitchell freak (since my teen years) from Greenville the 'scJoniGuy'

And I can hear many of you young'uns asking "Who's Joni Mitchell??"

She's only among the top five singer-songwriters of the last half century, and her musical influence is carried by very many of today's top musicians.

But enough evangelizing ...

Well almost ... check out www.jonimitchell.com, her (only) official (and fan owned) site.

As to my avatar, it's been up there since that fateful Tuesday in November 2008.

I hope I can replace it with something a bit less depressing in 10 months!

eta: and how cool there's Joni-content in post #1500 !

I can't believe that is only rated 5.6

It's really a straight forward climb. Easy route finding and easy following. It has bomber pro that is quick to set and clean and super easy anchors at the end of each pitch. There is only really 1 tricky spot where you need to use a double length sling (or you can down climb 3 moves and back-clean) to eliminate drag, and that is all you have to worry about. The crux has huge jugs, it's just "the move" is airy and exposed. If not for the exposure, the move would be 5.4ish.

It's really a straight forward climb. Easy route finding and easy following. It has bomber pro that is quick to set and clean and super easy anchors at the end of each pitch. There is only really 1 tricky spot where you need to use a double length sling (or you can down climb 3 moves and back-clean) to eliminate drag, and that is all you have to worry about. The crux has huge jugs, it's just "the move" is airy and exposed. If not for the exposure, the move would be 5.4ish.

It is definitely an American classic climb. I was only there once a long time ago..most of my climbing was done out West. Sounds like fun.