Sign in to follow this  
Jim Norman

Old Bridge January 2016

Welcome to 2016! This month OBCATS has two matches planned for you at Old Bridge. On January 24th we are planning a USPSA Match. On January 31st we will be running a 2-Gun match. This match will be Rifle/Carbine and Pistol. You will need a Sling. Minimum 5 stages.

Registration is on SteelScoring.com

I there a way to observe without participating?  I'm thinking about joining OBRPC but want to check out the range first.

Yes, during matches the range is open, you can follow the driving directions and just drive in and say hi. Look for Jim or Dave, everyone should be able to point you in the correct direction. Bring eye and ear protection and use it if the match is underway.

Well its obvious that we didn't have a match today. Everyone keep your fingers crossed for the 2-gun match next week. Hopefully we'll have enough melt to get the range open so we can hold a match! Watch the websites and as a last resort check the phone Sunday morning.

Don't be angry, weather is one thing we cannot control. Had the weather hit us two days later, we would have had a match last week, two or three days earlier and we'd have a match this week. Planning a match in January or February is always an iffy thing. we lost both months last year.

I guess I'll be a real old fart and hang out with the other old farts at Quinton tomorrow and shoot a round of sporting clays. 

Anyone want to join me, how about some of the 3 gunners that complain about flying clays because they can't hit any? 

If you want to go though you gotta pull your pants up, get a haircut and stay off my lawn ya damn wippersnappers. 

Yes its best carried on your belt. But when i couldnt. I used pockets. Whatever it takes to get it done. Its alot less formal than the idpa match today. No cover or concealment. Just safety rules apply. Midway usa has some decent individual mag holders for the ars at about 20$ ea.

All carried on your belt? Looking up some equipment...

Actually I'd even say 3 for rifle, as some of the starts are going to be empty rifle starts and don't assume you will hit every shot you fire.

If this is your first match, pockets work, but you want something on your belt ideally. Don't go spending tons of money. A couple of cheap Uncle Mike's double mag pouches for the pistol mags will be fine, so will be any made by bladetech, etc.  For rifle mag pouches, look at at Bladetech, Safariland, and Ready Tac, those are my favorites.

But again, if this is a first match pockets work, 1960's 3-mag pouches people buy at gun shows for $5 will work, if you have a chest rig you can use that, don't over think it because the auxiliary equipment is unlikely to make or break your match.

Blade Tech Double mag pouch w/ Tek Lok...

Let me know - I'm in Linden and work in Woodbridge.

Thanks Nick. I had assumed you were going to the match and had extras laying around. If you're not going to the match, don't worry about it. I have a chest rig I can use. I just didn't want to look like I'm trying to be some mall ninja, but it'll have to do.

Thanks Nick. I had assumed you were going to the match and had extras laying around. If you're not going to the match, don't worry about it. I have a chest rig I can use. I just didn't want to look like I'm trying to be some mall ninja, but it'll have to do.

Nah - going to the CNJFO hunt on the 5th so I'm out for next weekend.