Scorpio64

Hickock45 Youtube channel shut down by Google

WTF?!?

I do not know any of the details but it's true.  It is alleged that the channel was taken down because he demonstrated "assault weapons".  I cannot see this playing out well for Google, I don't care how big they are, there will be a backlash.

WTF?!?

I do not know any of the details but it's true.  It is alleged that the channel was taken down because he demonstrated "assault weapons".  I cannot see this playing out well for Google, I don't care how big they are, there will be a backlash.

There's a new channel up -   Hicock45andSon...  Not sure it it's authentic, but....

But no others are terminated yet.  Google sending a message by terminating the largest pro gun account?  Let's see what happens to the others?  Hickok45andson is not new, been around for over a year.  So who complained, do we dare guess?  

Move it all to full30.com who cares.  Tired of Google anyway.  

Use the link to send feedback on the bottom of the page (you first have to login to youtube). Make sure the page you are on shows a terminated video as the feedback page lets you send an image of the page you are viewing. I am hoping this is an error or a hacker got into his account and deleted it. If enough people complain they may look into the issue.

This is from the Hickock45 Facebook page:

"Again, I've tired lots of fixes, but I still cannot comment on YouTube vidoes, reply to comments, post a comment, answer a Private message, etc., on our channel or others. I've logged out of Google + and back in, I've looked at 3rd Party cookies to make sure it's unchecked, etc, I've used IE instead of Google Chrome, etc. I give up. Comes a point where I just don't care anymore and do whatever the computer seems to want. Haven't been able to "Like" a video on YouTube for a year or two. Gave up on firguring that one out, too. smile emoticon Anyway, this is the reason why you never see me reply to comments in recent videos. I can delete comments and block people, but I cannot comment. Maybe if YouTube works out all the bugs one day, I'll be back with a comment or reply occasionally. Please read video descriptions; that's the only place I'm able to write anything in YouTube. Thankfully, Facebook actually works. smile emoticon"

A tweet from Hickok45:

"Apparently, Google + is more sensitive about firearms related postings and such. I never use Google+ and did not even realize the videos were being posted over there, I guess. I will keep you posted via Facebook here and the Hickok45andson channel. I have communicated with YouTube via email this morning, and hopefully, we'll be able to get the channel back up soon. I had just posted a new video."

Youtube automatically shares it to Google+ and then they hassle him about his videos?  Sheesh.  I've been annoyed by my vids sharing to google+ for a while, but I protest by having exactly no connections over there except someone who must have accidentally gotten there.

Youtube automatically shares it to Google+ and then they hassle him about his videos?  Sheesh.  I've been annoyed by my vids sharing to google+ for a while, but I protest by having exactly no connections over there except someone who must have accidentally gotten there.

What does it matter where it was posted.  His videos are all lawful.  WTF kind of country do we live in where people can post vids of the American flag getting burned, walked on and pissed on but a good ol country boy cant share his lawful evaluations of firearms.

It's been Google's policy for quite a while, now.  "All content created on one Google platform gets shared on all other Google Platforms."    

It's one of the reasons why, for example, I removed my "contacts list" on Gmail and no longer use it actively (although I do keep the account).  I never signed up for Google+ and I don't have a YT channel either.  When I do Google searches, I don't log in.  I'm sure they're capturing my WAN IP, but why make it easy for them. :facepalm:

What does it matter where it was posted.  His videos are all lawful.  WTF kind of country do we live in where people can post vids of the American flag getting burned, walked on and pissed on but a good ol country boy cant share his lawful evaluations of firearms.

We live in a country with leftist controlled media.   Everything that is country, white and male are bad and pissing on a flag is good.   Leftists like to censor speak they don't approve of.

It starts with the 2nd amendment and 4th amendment; The 1st amendment follows. We lose our freedom just a little at a time so no one complains.

Doesn't matter. Google is a private company with private assets. They get to decide what they want on their servers and what they don't. And, remember, it's free.  I agree that Google leans very much to the left on social policy issues. :facepalm:

That's exactly why I did not tie my Youtube account to my Google+ account...  Gives me issues sometimes but doesn't auto post 'em to my G+

Doesn't matter. Google is a private company with private assets. They get to decide what they want on their servers and what they don't. And, remember, it's free.  I agree that Google leans very much to the left on social policy issues. :facepalm:

So, private companies can trample rights because they dont like something? Maybe google is on to something here.  Let's pretend (and I do mean PRETEND) I dont like catholics, blacks or gays. According to the logic you presented, if I own a business I may infringe upon the civil rights of others at my pleasure.

So, private companies can trample rights because they dont like something? Maybe google is on to something here.  Let's pretend (and I do mean PRETEND) I dont like catholics, blacks or gays. According to the logic you presented, if I own a business I may infringe upon the civil rights of others at my pleasure.

The things you are PRETENDING about, though, are "protected classes."  So yes, it would be illegal.  Apparently, pro-2A people are not a protected class."  :facepalm:

I agree that a private company can set its own policy. Question is whether the government told them to do it. 

I agree that a private company can set its own policy. Question is whether the government told them to do it. 

In this case, I don't think the govt. *had* to tell them anything. I think they're right in line with the govt's mindset on this...  :mad:

That's exactly why I did not tie my Youtube account to my Google+ account... Gives me issues sometimes but doesn't auto post 'em to my G+

I'm not sure how it works, I have two options in YouTube. My original youtube account before Google became relevant and then my Google account. I'm not sure you can sign up for YouTube anymore unless it's through Google+

I have some family in media, one of the very large companies.  we have had conversations over the years and he media is without a doubt forcing certain "things" on us.  this is right from the horses mouth.  the conversations where actually kinda scary.  guns are just the next thing.  its very sad, but its going to take a miracle to change things.  Everyone says the NRA is the devil - what horseshit.  its the liberal media - they control everything, plane and simple.  its only going to get worse as we progress further down the social media rabbit hole.  

now its very interesting that his channel got taken down as the president was crying on tv, but google will hide behind their company, their policy.  

but they will continue to show isis videos and dancing hamsters.  

I miss the Constitution, i really do...now its just something that only serves special interest groups. 

I miss the Constitution, i really do...now its just something that only serves special interest groups. 

+1

A lot of people don't "believe" in it anymore. They don't appreciate how it is the one document that sets us apart from most of the world.