TRPC_SHOOTER

Shooters in Little Egg Harbor

I think its a great store,way more guns than Bass Pro. Its 50' off the Parkway. Pretty far from Bergen County though. I live about 1/2 hr from there in the Pines I only hit  2 traffic lights from my house to the store. I wouldnt drive to Bergen County  to go to a gun store unless they had something no one local had. 

Thank you Jim for your feedback. As you mentioned, they do seem to have an impressive in-stock inventory of varied makes and models. Their prices also seem very reasonable and for the cost (not including the time value) of the drive it may be worthwhile for me to visit if I were in the market for a multi-purchase. Many thanks again.

Great store, great selection, great price, great range. Look for a guy name Ian. Most helpful and very nice person. Some in there gives off bad vibe like they dont care to be there or doesn't seem as helpful. One instance I was waiting at the counter and one guy avoided eye contact with me to avoid helping me, walked around then went out of the room. Their transfer fee seems high though at $75. Let me know if you have anymore questions.

• Like 1

Great store, great selection, great price, great range. Look for a guy name Ian. Most helpful and very nice person. Some in there gives off bad vibe like they dont care to be there or doesn't seem as helpful. One instance I was waiting at the counter and one guy avoided eye contact with me to avoid helping me, walked around then went out of the room. Their transfer fee seems high though at $75. Let me know if you have anymore questions.

$75 for a transfer? That's ridiculous.

Their transfer fee seems high though at $75.

Since I started shopping at shooters, I haven't needed a transfer, so I never had the need to ask how much they were. All of my previous transfers have been at other shops for between $40 - $45.

Are you sure they are that much? Not saying you are wrong, just surprised they charge $75.

Since I started shopping at shooters, I haven't needed a transfer, so I never had the need to ask how much they were. All of my previous transfers have been at other shops for between $40 - $45.

Are you sure they are that much? Not saying you are wrong, just surprised they charge $75.

100% sure. I've asked them in multiple occasion just to clarify it for myself. Though I've never needed to do so due to their pricing and selection. With the $75 they include the NICS check. I'm assuming they have it that high to deter people from transferring and actually buy from them instead.

I'm assuming they have it that high to deter people from transferring and actually buy from them instead.

Not that I agree with that strategy, but I guess from their perspective it makes sense.

NJ is absolutely ridiculous with what they charge for transfers. I have buddies out of state who say they pay $20 tops. I understand the cost of doing business in this terrible state are high, but to charge that much just for a transfer seems a bit much to me.

Exactly...I pay $10 for a transfer in TX. If I didn't have my LTC, it would be $15...he charges $5 for taking the time to put info in for NICS check.

This signature is AWESOME!!!

So, not to bring an old thread back from the dead but I just found out my mother in law lives 2 miles from Shooters. I stopped by on Sunday after leaving her house. The store is very well stocked with handguns. Really great selection. I didn't have time to check out the range but I might need to go see my MIL more often now!

I love Shooters....Unlike Shore Shot, which is a range with a small store.  Shooters is a great store than happens to have a range.  I have bought a couple of firearms from them and have been using the range until I can pony up the cash to join CJRPC.  The range is well lit, well ventilated and clean.  The in stock inventory is awesome.  I highly recommend them!

I had driven out to Shooters with the intent of buying an AK type rifle they had in stock, cash in hand when I asked to see it the guy grabbed it off the shelf and held it up over his head and said do you have you id card ? I responded i do and he held the rifle up away from me and told me he had to see it first. I reached in my wallet got it out and told him to keep it turned away and walked out. Fuck that place Im a clean cut 52 year old man and I don't give 2 shits what there store policy is Im not going to be treated like that. Ive bought several guns from Tipps the former store and a model 19 from them last year without showing an id card which i have had since 1984. I will not be returning.

Almost every store asks to see FID before looking at any firearm. Maybe it's just me but I always have it ready to show when shopping. Most dealers seem to appreciate that. That being said you definetly should not have been treated like that. I would have done the same thing. Hopefully that guy doesn't work there anymore.

Iv personally only bought one rifle there and had a wonderful experience all around. Great shop, great selection. If your looking for something specific just give them a call before you take the ride down.

I don't see why it's a big deal you ask for an fpid.

this signature exceeds the 15 character capacity count

I usually let it slide if I'm asked for an FPID, without further elaboration. But if they tell me state law requires it before they can show me a gun, I wonder what else they are ignorant of or willing to lie about.

I had driven out to Shooters with the intent of buying an AK type rifle they had in stock, cash in hand when I asked to see it the guy grabbed it off the shelf and held it up over his head and said do you have you id card ? I responded i do and he held the rifle up away from me and told me he had to see it first. I reached in my wallet got it out and told him to keep it turned away and walked out. Fuck that place Im a clean cut 52 year old man and I don't give 2 shits what there store policy is Im not going to be treated like that. Ive bought several guns from Tipps the former store and a model 19 from them last year without showing an id card which i have had since 1984. I will not be returning.

When I lived in Illinois, we had FOID cards which serve the same purpose.  Every gun store asked to see it before being shown a firearm.  Politely but firmly.  I think that employee's presentation and demeanor need an adjustment but I wouldn't be upset about being asked for that card since the state requires it so you can purchase it. 

I was treated poorly there a few years ago, and wont be back again, either.

Holy crap some people really get upset if their ass isn't kissed.

Shooters is a great place, just bought a S&W M&P sport 2 there last week for $150 less than another NJ dealer had it for. I'm happy.

I don't need my ass kissed . Do you own a business ? I do and I'm not a dick head to my customers. I do think its a great store and have bought items from them and Tipps in West Creek. You hold a gun I'm interested in over your head as if Im some little kid then keep it.  There isn't 1 single gun in that store you can't get in 3 days on line for allot less Im all for supporting local businesses but i don't need some counter guy doing that. The last time I bought a gun there was a S&W model 19-3 and when I asked to see it the guy handed it over to me. There is no such law in NJ that requires showing a fid card.

I don't need my ass kissed . Do you own a business ? I do and I'm not a dick head to my customers. I do think its a great store and have bought items from them and Tipps in West Creek. You hold a gun I'm interested in over your head as if Im some little kid then keep it. There isn't 1 single gun in that store you can't get in 3 days on line for allot less Im all for supporting local businesses but i don't need some counter guy doing that. The last time I bought a gun there was a S&W model 19-3 and when I asked to see it the guy handed it over to me. There is no such law in NJ that requires showing a fid card.

Not sure what me owning or not owning a business has to do with your want to be offended, but for the record I do own my own business. The fact is you found some little action by an employee to get all riled up about, and bitch about it online instead of speaking to the employee or even the owner about. As a business owner, I'm sure you would rather a dissatisfied customer tell you why they are unhappy than go and bad mouth you online, especially when it's something so trivial.

Not sure what me owning or not owning a business has to do with your want to be offended, but for the record I do own my own business. The fact is you found some little action by an employee to get all riled up about, and bitch about in online instead of speaking to the employee or even the owner about. As a business owner, I'm sure you would rather a dissatisfied customer tell you why they are unhappy than go and bad mouth you online, especially when it's something so trivial

I said i won't be buying from them anymore because of how I was treated. Plain and simple. I told the guy to keep it and left . If you had a positive experience then good for you and them. I had a bad experience and explained what happened look at post #2 and see what I said about the store before I was disrespected . This is a forum where people share there experience good or bad. 

Jim,

Did you ask them why you had to produce your FPID?

I don't get why stores are cutting their own throats over something so silly. They are restricting their sales to potential customers. What do they think is going to happen?

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk.

I have no problem complying with a stores policy to show my FPID card but I always ask why. If their response is store policy I'll gladly fork over my card. If the answer is state law then I'll call them a lier to their face and walk out and never return. However if I experienced what Jim Hartman described I would immediately ask to seek to the owner and complain, that is no way to treat a customer. Just remember that good help is hard to find so it may not be the store owners fault just a dumb ass employee.