TRPC_SHOOTER

Shooters in Little Egg Harbor

Jim,

Did you ask them why you had to produce your FPID?

I don't get why stores are cutting their own throats over something so silly. They are restricting their sales to potential customers. What do they think is going to happen?

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk.

No I just had my wallet in my hand and looked at this guy holding a rifle away from me as if I was going to run off with it and thought to myself Im not going to buy it from them, so I said "you know what forget it" turned around and walked out the door. 

Just remember that good help is hard to find so it may not be the store owners fault just a dumb ass employee.

This is a great point. As a younger individual working at a family business I am amazed by the jackassery of my generation. Now if only they would hire me

this signature exceeds the 15 character capacity count

For what it's worth....when I was treated poorly there a few years ago, I DID complain...it was a pricing issue, and only over a few dollars...but "management" did ***nothing***.

If some jackass salesman plays like he's holding an AK over my head - treating me like I'm a three year old - I question HIS ability and conduct.  He might have thought he was funny....but you don't "play" with firearms.  Ever.  

For what it's worth....when I was treated poorly there a few years ago, I DID complain...it was a pricing issue, and only over a few dollars...but "management" did ***nothing***.

If some jackass salesman plays like he's holding an AK over my head - treating me like I'm a three year old - I question HIS ability and conduct. He might have thought he was funny....but you don't "play" with firearms. Ever.

if I complained and nothing was done then I would never shop there again. I did exactly that with a sporting goods store in my town. An employee lied to me (told me I had to have a FPID card and pistol permit in hand to handle a pistol per state law). I complained to the owner, a few weeks later I was told by another employee there (the owners wife I belive) the same line of bullshit. I have never been back, I regularly drive past this store to drive to another store to spend my money, I won't even get a hunting licenses there. I've heard that the new shop in town has put the old shop out of business and I hope it's true

Read page 1 with issue of the employees asking for FPID prior to handing over the firearm. Ian who I first dealt with never asked me..though everyone else there did.

Also the short stocky guy can be annoying who thinks he is a big shot around there. Heard he can be a PITA in the range which is the only thing stopping me from getting a membership there.

Shooters is in Little Egg Harbor,NJ. Large gun room. an hour drive for me. As a south Jersey resident with access to very few well-stocked gun stores, I can tell you I was simply over-whelmed at their on-hand stock. The store up in Bordentown, Cheyenne Mountain, is the only other store near me with a semi-decent selection. But they are really overpriced and a 40 min drive for me. I had a permit, already renewed, and I only had about 2-3 more weeks left to use it. I was trying to decide between the PPQ 9mm paddle release vs the button release. Read neg comments on the button, rented the button, it rubbed my finger on the range, so I went with the paddle release. Yes, they ask to see your FPID card at the counter. I don't have a problem with that as a few other NJ dealers do the same thing. I can report that if you live down in the Southern part of the state, are running out of time on your permit, you have a decent chance of finding your desired model here. And, since id rather not spend 2+ hours to get to Northern NJ, this store was a great choice. They are very patient as well. I will go back there for the convenience. 

Was there today. Nice range. Large inventory. Prices seemed, ok...

only an hour drive  and they have an outdoor range also. Little blustery out so didn’t look at details of outdoor range.

Everyone I dealt with was nice and professional.

• Like 1

This is the place I ordered my Ar-15 from. I called them and very nice joyous person answered the phone. I asked if they could order a certain AR for me and they said no problem. "We will call you when it comes in". I waited weeks upon weeks. I called them several times and were very nice on the phone but really had no information at all on when anything was coming in. So I pretty much gave up there and bought my AR at SureShot down in Lakewood. It is a 12 lane range with sales. That's a pretty nice place. And no less than 2 minutes away is another 12 lane range, Garden State Shooting Range. They also have sales but not quite the larger selection that SureShot has. I go to the range at both of them and have bought guns from both places. They are full MSRP and will not lower prices at all. 

Has anyone used their new outdoor range yet? I heard it was finally open. Supposedly, it was only going to be long guns, but I don't know if that's true.

Wondering if they operate similar to Range 14 with cease fires and target set-ups.

Anyone got any details?

23 minutes ago, Sniper22 said:

Has anyone used their new outdoor range yet? I heard it was finally open. Supposedly, it was only going to be long guns, but I don't know if that's true.

Wondering if they operate similar to Range 14 with cease fires and target set-ups.

Anyone got any details?

Been to cold for us to try. As soon as it warms up and we go, I’ll report.

I want to say it was late 1980's a guy robbed zues sporting goods in northfield I believe he asked to see a gun and ended up shooting an employee his name was lee and killed him. after that incident zues always asked for fid card 1st before showing firearms to anyone. I also noticed all employees open carried after that. after that bob kislings and other firearms dealers in south jersey all started asking for fids.

I had no problem checking out guns and supplies at Shooters.I don't have a FID yet (Just filled out the paperwork, gotta mail it in). My wife has her card and was making her first purchase. I asked to look at a specific rifle and in conversation, mentioned my non-FID status while looking it over. The clerk had no problem with that. Very friendly staff. No one gave me any trouble with me looking at various rifles.

On 3/18/2018 at 9:18 AM, tony357 said:

after that. after that bob kislings and other firearms dealers in south jersey all started asking for fids.

Bob Kissmyasslins always asked for FID, even when they were in Ocean Twp. 30 years ago.