Sign in to follow this  
Mrs. Peel

Longtime lurker steps out of the shadows...

Hi! Brand new shooter here. I've been on NJGF many times over the last few years (yes, I actually lurked for YEARS) as a Guest... what can I say? It's been a VERY slow start to get into this hobby (sometimes life's practical demands just get in the way of fun). Anyway, I've had my FID for a year or two now, but only just "launched" this hobby a few months ago through membership in a local women's shooting group. Having a blast so far... and starting to narrow down my firearms choice for the all-important first purchase! 

I have a zillion questions... so I'm sure you'll see me poking around and posting them across several of the forums as appropriate. As I'm typing this, we're coming up to the President's final state of the union address... so I'm curious (as I'm sure many of you are) to see how gun ownership might be "shamed" again tonight. Sheesh. This highlights the need for the shooting community to band together.

Anyway, be well... shoot straight.. and best wishes for a happy and healthy 2016!

Welcome and don't be afraid.  If I can help with anything, just ask me.  I mentor women and kids, and work with a co-ed BSA Venturing Crew that specializes in the Shooting Sports.

Happy new Year and take care!

Dave

Mrs Peel - Sandy's gracious invitation you should take her up on...

It's a great "Ice Breaker".

But never loose sight of the fact the the shooting sports are gender blind.  You can be as proficient as anyone else provided you want to regardless of gender.

Welcome!

Mrs Peel - Sandy's gracious invitation you should take her up on...

It's a great "Ice Breaker".

But never loose sight of the fact the the shooting sports are gender blind.  You can be as proficient as anyone else provided you want to regardless of gender.

Welcome!

I agree 100% . We also have coed events , family events . My personal goal is to integrate women comfortably into the firearms community . Educating a woman to the point where she'll walk into a room full of men and be able to talk firearms and shoot along side of them with confidence is job well done in my opinion .