RubberBullets

Anyone have manufacturer /serial date books? Trying to place a date of manufacturer on a handgun

Hello again... its been a while. I recently acquired my Grandfather's Iver Johnson Trailsman 66 .22. I know they dont have any monetary value but I was curious as to its date of manufacture. Serial is K122xx. Thank you!

Next is off to find this mythical ww2 luger he allegedly hid somewhere in the attic. Only 1500 sq ft of insulation to rummage through.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Bring a metal detector or a large magnet to shorten your journey

I actually was going to try a Thermal Imaging Camera to detect colder spots. Its cold in the attic, im sure a hunk of steel will show up colder than the insulation it may be tucked under... save from being bagged and boxed like this one was.

I would love to be on such an expedition. For me, the Luger P08 is my dream gun but good samples with all matching #s are hard to find and can be expensive!

Somehow, I think the metal detector will be your best bet. Just set it so it won't alert to every nail in the joists. I would hope it was well preserved.

Moisture happens with temperature changes and won't effect insulation but will surely damage steel.

I am certain someone on the forum has a good metal detector and would be happy to lend it to you! I would have scoured every square inch by now

with my bare hands if I thought There was a P08 in my attic. Best of luck in your search.

Post a request here for a metal detector. http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/forum/93-njgf-pass-around/

Please let us know how you make out and what you find!

I looked around about your Iver Johnson and found this quote:

"factory serial number records for post WWII iver johnson firearms are not available. when the company changed hands in 1975 some records were turned over to BATF, but they are making it very hard to get copies of these records. for now manufacture date of all post WWII iver johnson firearms are an educated guess."

With the K prefix, I would say early 1960's

I would love to be on such an expedition. For me, the Luger P08 is my dream gun but good samples with all matching #s are hard to find and can be expensive!

Somehow, I think the metal detector will be your best bet. Just set it so it won't alert to every nail in the joists. I would hope it was well preserved.

Moisture happens with temperature changes and won't effect insulation but will surely damage steel.

I am certain someone on the forum has a good metal detector and would be happy to lend it to you! I would have scoured every square inch by now

with my bare hands if I thought There was a P08 in my attic. Best of luck in your search.

Post a request here for a metal detector. http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/forum/93-njgf-pass-around/

Please let us know how you make out and what you find!

I looked around about your Iver Johnson and found this quote:

"factory serial number records for post WWII iver johnson firearms are not available. when the company changed hands in 1975 some records were turned over to BATF, but they are making it very hard to get copies of these records. for now manufacture date of all post WWII iver johnson firearms are an educated guess."

With the K prefix, I would say early 1960's

I would think it would have tried to take some measures to protect it. The iver was oiled wet, triple bagged and tucked away. It was pretty wet when I took it out. I took some pics of finding the IJ. He had it tucked away in a fireplace clean out so it was kind of like a little treasure hunt. I had hopes it was the luger, as we had no idea he had this one. Thanks again!