vm27

OPEN carry in pa with nj fid? legal or not?

hello guys i will like to know if when i go to my in laws house in poconos pa,  can open carry my hand gun?. i live in nj but i go very often to pa. also while driving in pa can i have it in the glove compartment? thank you in advance 

ok so not in the car , but can i open carry ? feel free to oc?

If you walk to the Poconos from Jersey.

You can't have a handgun in a car in PA, not even unloaded in the trunk, without a CARRY permit from ANY state, regardless of whether PA recognizes that state's permit or not. The only exceptions are driving to and from the range, etc., similar to Jersey.

In Philly you need a permit PA recognizes, even to open carry on foot.

Sounds like PA laws are almost as bad as NJ.Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk.

We have two bad laws in PA, that's one of them. Fortunately, we don't have shitty gun sign laws like AZ. And, unlike AZ, the only people that can't carry at the polls are COPS.

Be patient, I'm working on it.

So,a NJ resident holds a non resident permit from any state (Maine), and PA doesn't recognize non resident permits for concealed carry purposes. That non resident permit would still allow vehicular carry throughout PA (excepting Philly)?

You brought up a number of issues. PA does recognize non-resident permits (unlike Florida, Colorado, etc.), just not many Jersey people would be likely to have at the moment.

A Maine license (or any license) would allow not only car transport, but car carry, throughout PA, including Philly. But if you take it out of your car in Philly on public property you need a carry permit with reciprocity. If your Philly buddy has off-street parking, such as a driveway or an off-street parking spot, you are good either way.

We have two bad laws in PA, that's one of them. Fortunately, we don't have shitty gun sign laws like AZ. And, unlike AZ, the only people that can't carry at the polls are COPS.

Be patient, I'm working on it.

Signs that no one pays attention to if you can find one, and every election here so far was mail-in ballots. Besides, anybody can carry here, open or concealed, resident or nonresident, without a permit. And guns loaded in truck racks just like the good Ole days in NJ 50 years ago.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk.

Signs that no one pays attention to if you can find one, and every election here so far was mail-in ballots. Besides, anybody can carry here, open or concealed, resident or nonresident, without a permit. And guns loaded in truck racks just like the good Ole days in NJ 50 years ago.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk.

So Mipa,

Can you do this in PA? Like AZ, in Texas I can have a loaded handgun or AR in my car without any license or permits. Hows that work in PA?

So Mipa,

Can you do this in PA? Like AZ, in Texas I can have a loaded handgun or AR in my car without any license or permits. Hows that work in PA?

Can you carry a firearm in a restaurant that makes 52% of it's revenue from alcohol?

Can you carry a firearm in a restaurant that makes 52% of it's revenue from alcohol?

Nope,

If I am going into a bar that makes 52% revenue off of alcohol, I am going to drink and shouldn't be carrying any way. Drunk and gun don't mix well. 

BTW the way most restaurants in Texas are below the 52% level, so not much of an issue. This includes restaurants like Twin Peaks, Hooters, etc.

I love PA, my son lives there. I just don't know why Mipa has a thing about Texas. 

Nope,

If I am going into a bar that makes 52% revenue off of alcohol, I am going to drink and shouldn't be carrying any way. Drunk and gun don't mix well.

BTW the way most restaurants in Texas are below the 52% level, so not much of an issue. This includes restaurants like Twin Peaks, Hooters, etc.

I love PA, my son lives there. I just don't know why Mipa has a thing about Texas.

I love Texas and believe it is a better state than PA in almost everyway. I have no thing about Texas. I didn't bring Texas up, you did.