Malsua

1996 all over again? Snow shovels ready?

I high-centered my Impreza a few years ago in a 3 or 4 foot drift.  

I got tired of getting stuck in my Impreza. Now I have a Crosstrek. I just run things over now. Aside from being underpowered, it's a neat little car.

I got tired of getting stuck in my Impreza. Now I have a Crosstrek. I just run things over now. Aside from being underpowered, it's a neat little car.

I feel the same about my Legacy.  Another 50HP would make it a fun car, 100HP more would make it a riot.  It's probably one of the best handling cars I've owned.

24"+ in East Brunswick (CNJ). At my parents house, spent most of the day riding around on the snowmobiles. Just took em for a spin 2 hours ago or so, plows stopped running (at least in our neighborhood) so there was a good 8" or so on the road, haha.
Will have to get a real measurement tomorrow morning, however i wouldn't be surprised to see 30" or so. Snowmobiles couldn't even handle all the snow on the lawn, kept getting stuck hah.

Its been 30 hrs so far of snow removal. I really get my groove on after 48 hrs of no sleep snow removal. Its going to be all of that and more after this one. Id say we were at about 21" or more here in pennington. These friggin snow drifts are crazy on the back roads. Motivation to keep me up????? Mucho dinero$$$$$

Posted Image

Yesterday during the lull between storms. I'll measure when I go out today. Funny thing is after we got done shoveling yesterday josh asked if a friend can sleep over. I said sure as long as he helps with shoveling tomorrow. Now today I have 2 13 year olds and only 2 shovels. That's a win in my book. I'll go out and play with Mia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went out around 8:30 last night and ran the snowblower. At the time the snow was 20-24", it was hard to find a spot that was in affected by wind so I won't try to estimate an exact total. We got an inch or so since last night, so, 21-25" in the northern corner of union county.

Hopefully the roads are reasonably clear, I gotta head down the shore. The new interior isn't going to climb into the boat by itself.

My Sierra All Terrain drove like a champ also

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

yea, our newer stuff is pretty frigging good.

till i got this expedition, the best 4x4 i'd ever owned was my 1970 chevy c-10. was lifted a bit, big tires, dana diffs at both ends.....locker in the rear, and limited slip in the front....with a small block 400.

what i did see that kinda made me laugh(and probably made me a dick too), was the goofy bastard in the 90's era bronco, that was driving in 2wheel drive. he made the turn from a side road onto the main road i was on. but.....he drove into one of those banks that the plow trucks leave, delibretly. by the time the dumbass put it in 4wheel, he was already stuck.

I was coasting all last week on predictions of 1-2 inches, fantasizing about pushing the white stuff about with a mere push broom and being at Shop Rite by 10 am today. But as Elizabeth Warren might say, we got "hammmerrrrrred." I can't even say how much we got but the drifts seem to be in all the worst spots. A mere dusting on the covered outdoor furniture, 2-3 feet on the back walk. 

But nothing like 1996, when it took me all day to clear enough of the rear exit so we could (barely) get out. The main driveway wasn't usable for weeks. This will be clear today, an hour or so after Snoblow Boy shows up.

They said it is the worst ever here. You bastards. It was supposed to be down south and in Jersey. I have 5 feet of snow on my deck table, and 2+ feet on my deck, even though we got 31" +.

5 foot drifts around my house.

Ha!  Serves you Pennsylvanians right for electing that leftist governor!

;)

No doubt.

I think the drifting actually might have helped me. I have small areas of giant snow walls to clear but at least I don't have a uniform 31+ all the way down my driveway.

I'm gonna ghetto this. Cut a few holes, clear out the plow residue, and just leave the rest of it. It will be funny if the Jehova's Witnesses show up and realize there is no way to get to my door. I just hope they don't get stuck in my driveway!