5th4x4

Any advice on pigeon eradication?

This doesn't really matter because this is NJ but I have a pump .177 pistol that shoots pellets at 750 fps IIRC. I used to shoot it at those metal things that go around the trees for pests and it would easily go through the metal and about 1/2" into the tree. It would definitely kill a pigeon squirrel and with a good shot a rabbit. Annoying though because it was single shot.

Practically maybe you can just bother them enough that they don't come to your property. You don't sound like you want them dead, just not to be around. I don't have any experience with pigeons, but if every time they come to your property for a week they get chased off they may remember that and just move to your neighbor.

Colibri. Quieter than an air gun. Works well on grackles, not that I would have personal knowledge of such.

I just googled that. I see Colibri butane lighters and cigar cutters. I don't think I can get close enough to these birds in order to BBQ them or cut their heads off :p

Mouse Food or CB shorts. Both quieter than air guns.

I have heard tell that for less than $100 you could get single shot .22 and load it with some subsonic .22 shorts and take down a squirrel at about 40 feet.

Not very loud at all.

But still a cat would be much more effective in the long run, and legal.

As a young boy, I would shoot squirrels from my bedroom window with my mom downstairs using CB caps. Slamming a book closed makes more noise. 

IF someone was to think about doing something this illegal.... Find a 22 bolt action or a pump. CB caps wont cycle an auto. Keep the muzzle inside the house and no one will be the wiser.

A Red Rider has a tuff time with going threw a beer can. Bird feathers can act like little armor plates. Try a parting shot to get under the feathers from behind. But still a tuff kill for a RR.

IF someone was to think about doing something this illegal.... Find a 22 bolt action or a pump. CB caps wont cycle an auto. Keep the muzzle inside the house and no one will be the wiser.

Those in states where this is legal, I am told that the non-hollow point, non-jacketed work best due to the lead deformation. Hollow point don't expand much at all in a .22 short. And the muzzle inside the house is key for making barely any noise at all.

As a young boy, I would shoot squirrels from my bedroom window with my mom downstairs using CB caps. Slamming a book closed makes more noise. 

This is pretty terrible advice, IMO. I witness someone doing this while I was walking my dog, dude was after the squirrels stealing from his garden. Pretty stupid thing to do in suburbia where there is always someone downrange of you and things bounce around.  As someone who found himself downrange of this behaviour, call an exterminator, instead of giving all gun owners a bad name.

This is pretty terrible advice, IMO. I witness someone doing this while I was walking my dog, dude was after the squirrels stealing from his garden. Pretty stupid thing to do in suburbia where there is always someone downrange of you and things bounce around.  As someone who found himself downrange of this behaviour, call an exterminator, instead of giving all gun owners a bad name.

Probably the best advice. Someone has to be the grownup in the room.... :nono:

I just googled that. I see Colibri butane lighters and cigar cutters. I don't think I can get close enough to these birds in order to BBQ them or cut their heads off :p

You guys are some ignorant b******s, that's for sure.

http://www.midwayusa.com/s?userSearchQuery=colibri