Howard

My cuties

you must have a killer vacuum cleaner. 

I wish Alec.  Have the Dyson Animal but unless you use it three times a day it is a losing battle.  One year as a joke we collected up the hair for a few weeks and packaged them with knitting needles as a gag gift for my sister-in-law and told her it was a do-it-yourself sweater kit.

I wish Alec.  Have the Dyson Animal but unless you use it three times a day it is a losing battle.  One year as a joke we collected up the hair for a few weeks and packaged them with knitting needles as a gag gift for my sister-in-law and told her it was a do-it-yourself sweater kit.

Ya know, there is an outfit that takes dog fur, cleans it and turns it into yarn. 

We have Golden's. Haven't found a standard vacuum yet that could go a year without issues.

I eventually had a central vac installed. Went with a size double what was recommended for our house (2200 sq ft ranch) and vented to the outside. Put two inlets in the basement and one in the garage on top of the 4 inlets that are in the house.

By far, the single best improvement we did to the house in our 18 years here.

No more stinky vacuums in the closet and no more dust swirling around the house.

Even with the double sized collection bin, I still have to empty it every 2-4 weeks (instructions said 4-6 months).

We use a Dyson in the RV (also have central vac in the RV). It works good, but has to be emptied almost daily. And the roller has to be pulled every couple of days.

Ya know, there is an outfit that takes dog fur, cleans it and turns it into yarn. 

We have Golden's. Haven't found a standard vacuum yet that could go a year without issues.

I eventually had a central vac installed. Went with a size double what was recommended for our house (2200 sq ft ranch) and vented to the outside. Put two inlets in the basement and one in the garage on top of the 4 inlets that are in the house.

By far, the single best improvement we did to the house in our 18 years here.

No more stinky vacuums in the closet and no more dust swirling around the house.

Even with the double sized collection bin, I still have to empty it every 2-4 weeks (instructions said 4-6 months).

We use a Dyson in the RV (also have central vac in the RV). It works good, but has to be emptied almost daily. And the roller has to be pulled every couple of days.

My parent's had a built in unit, actually two of them over time, and I always thought they did a crappy job - but maybe the new ones are better.  The Dyson's are good, but they fill up fast with dog hair.  I would say we empty them three times per room!!!

Nice pic,  Whats that on the dogs collars. 

Well they all have a small box which is the shock device for the electric fence.  If they try to cross the perimeter of the property they get a "correction".  They are very good about that.  On the newest one I have two boxes.  The one on her left side is a Marco Polo radio transmitter.  It has a range outside of about 3/4 of a mile.  I have a handheld directional receiver that goes with it.  In the event that she exiting the property I can track her with it.  The tracker shows the percent of signal along with an arrow that tells what direction to go.  In the event that she would go out of range the theory is you drive around till you encounter the signal and then use the directional beacon to find her.  Hopefully we will never have to try that.  When we first got her she would gladly walk off the property while on leash, but as soon as I put the flags up she would not go within 4 feet of them.  

Actually the little one gets the most food, the big one is just more food efficient :)  The big one is huge for a female while the little one is tiny.  As for the eyes, while not super common, it is not unusual for the breed.  We had one 17 years ago that had similar eyes.  This one has one brown eye and one that is part brown and part blue.  Kind of freaky if you have never seen it before.

Beautiful dogs, Howard.  When did you get the third and how is it working out for you? I have two huskies and I've considered getting a third.  They're wonderful dogs but the shedding is pretty intense.  I too have a Dyson Animal and, like you say, it's a constant battle.  Thanks for sharing. 

Beautiful dogs, Howard.  When did you get the third and how is it working out for you? I have two huskies and I've considered getting a third.  They're wonderful dogs but the shedding is pretty intense.  I too have a Dyson Animal and, like you say, it's a constant battle.  Thanks for sharing. 

The little one is a recent acquisition, about one month now.  She was a rescue dog.  Was not looking for a third, although we have had three a few time over the years, but she needed a home.

The little one is a recent acquisition, about one month now.  She was a rescue dog.  Was not looking for a third, although we have had three a few time over the years, but she needed a home.

Way to go Howard on the rescue.