Rob0115

Got another stamp approved today

It's MAX-11 with Gemtech Viper. It is evil quiet in full auto with 158 grain ammo. You just line up cans, mow them all down, then bounce the rubble. Then reload.

Tell Lage what can you plan to use and he will give you the right barrel. You can always change your mind later, or you can call TROS for an adapter. So not a big deal, but good to think ahead.

http://www.max-11.com

Do a little research, decide which MAC you want and whether you want MAX-11 or 31. I'm not sure 31 has .22 conversion?

The important thing is to buy the MG. Lage items are not going up in price. MG prices are. Get the MG. Do a little research and ask some questions on uzitalk.com to decide if you want he best stock MAC with the least options or the worst stock MAC with the best options. Either way, you have an MG, and you can play with it before putting out the $700 or whatever for Lage gear. Trust me, it will keep you entertained until you are ready to upgrade it. But once you throw Lage products on it, your mind will be blown. Then comes the can :)

Try to buy local, and include private sales. Somebody near you is selling one for $1K below market value with a can and a Lage upper. That is the way it works. Many of them are hesitant to put up WTS ads because they don't want to deal with losers. Put up local WTB ads. Save yourself money, and save a stamp. Also, there are reasonable sellers on uzitalk that have SOTs of various sorts so only one stamp to pay for even out of state.

Good luck.

Gun Gallery, my LGS in Jacksonville, shows MSRP on their website but I bough two cans from for about 15% under.  They're good and helpful so I throw them the business.  It's also faster because SOTs need to wait for a form 3 approval to transfer between each other.  It takes about an extra month before you apply.  

I didn't realize you were coming down to JAX, thought your LGS was up by you. 

I'm right down the road from Gun Gallery. Had their gunsmith remove my flash hider and time the flash/comp for my 300.

I've had other issues with them, but not terrible. I thought their prices on the website were too much, didn't realize they charge 15% under listed.

http://www.max-11.com

Do a little research, decide which MAC you want and whether you want MAX-11 or 31. I'm not sure 31 has .22 conversion?

The important thing is to buy the MG. Lage items are not going up in price. MG prices are. Get the MG. Do a little research and ask some questions on uzitalk.com to decide if you want he best stock MAC with the least options or the worst stock MAC with the best options. Either way, you have an MG, and you can play with it before putting out the $700 or whatever for Lage gear. Trust me, it will keep you entertained until you are ready to upgrade it. But once you throw Lage products on it, your mind will be blown. Then comes the can :)

Try to buy local, and include private sales. Somebody near you is selling one for $1K below market value with a can and a Lage upper. That is the way it works. Many of them are hesitant to put up WTS ads because they don't want to deal with losers. Put up local WTB ads. Save yourself money, and save a stamp. Also, there are reasonable sellers on uzitalk that have SOTs of various sorts so only one stamp to pay for even out of state.

Good luck.

Just curious, how are you saving a stamp?

Just curious, how are you saving a stamp?

If you buy from out of state you pay two stamps unless the gun is in the hands of a dealer or SOT, in which case the first transfer is Form 3 (no tax). You still need a dealer for an out of state transfer so you will pay for one stamp. There are many of reputable SOTs on uzitalk.com that would send you their stuff on a Form 3 so only one tax.

For MGs, best choice is instate, private sale. One stamp of course, unless it comes with a can then two stamps. But they usually have all kinds of stuff like a Lage upper, MAYBE a can (depends on the can), and a bunch of mags and stuff that won't do them any good anymore so it is always a deal. Lists for sale are market rate. You can negotiate. It is better to find the people that want to sell but don't want to list. Their stuff is always cheaper. That is why you post WTB ads for NFA rather than reviewing all the WTS ads.

Silencers are a mixed bag. You never know what has been done with them, and amazingly the technology is still improving. Most people buy cans new from dealer stock of a LOCAL dealer. Not some website or the manufacturer. If possible. You skip the Form 3 wait. If somebody wants to give you a can for $200, up to you. But most people prefer new cans. That means there is a dealer involved. Find one in-state that has what you want in stock.

Gotcha. I've done the Form 3 on my first can and waiting for it for my next. Unfortunately, both cans were not available in state.

Didn't realize if you buy from an individual out of state that there is the 2nd stamp cost. I guess the dealer absorbs the cost of the form 3 whereas an individual passes it on?

An individual in another state would send it Form 4 to your dealer, dealer Form 4s it to you. 2x$200=$400

A dealer/manufacture in another state would send it Form 3 to your dealer, dealer Form 4s it to you. Form 3 is no tax, 1x$200=$200

But, like with all things, it will be cheaper from a private seller in-state with no dealer involvement. 1 tax, no dealer fees, no markups.

I didn't realize you were coming down to JAX, thought your LGS was up by you.

I'm right down the road from Gun Gallery. Had their gunsmith remove my flash hider and time the flash/comp for my 300.

I've had other issues with them, but not terrible. I thought their prices on the website were too much, didn't realize they charge 15% under listed.

There are two near me that don't stock NFA items and in fact not many guns. If I know what I want fun wise they can get it in a day or two. I bought my MPX-P and an EAA match witness 10mm from them. However I head into the city when possible.

An individual in another state would send it Form 4 to your dealer, dealer Form 4s it to you. 2x$200=$400 A dealer/manufacture in another state would send it Form 3 to your dealer, dealer Form 4s it to you. Form 3 is no tax, 1x$200=$200 But, like with all things, it will be cheaper from a private seller in-state with no dealer involvement. 1 tax, no dealer fees, no markups.

Yeah, makes sense. Thanks

There are two near me that don't stock NFA items and in fact not many guns. If I know what I want fun wise they can get it in a day or two. I bought my MPX-P and an EAA match witness 10mm from them. However I head into the city when possible.

I hear ya. Have you checked out Shooters. Much bigger than Gun Gallery. A lot more stuff in stock. I think prices are similar, but was surprised a couple weeks ago to go in and buy a Spike stripped lower $80 plus tax and NICS, $90 out the door. Was cheaper than buying online and paying the transfer. Was surprised because lots of other things were msrp or higher,

I've noticed gun prices ain't great in Florida because a lot just go to davidsons. The transfers are pretty reasonable by me, 20 for first and 5 for each additional, and they don't seem to mind doing them.

I've only checked one place where I picked up a 1911 I won and they charge $25 to transfer a firearm and $75 for NFA

I have two suppressor transfers that are 75 bucks each in Jax.  I'd like to give the business to Evolutionz, including my AK, but I have to get in touch with them.

Hey Rob,

I messaged you the guys cell phone. I also called the office and think his message said his only hours are on Sat, plus by appt.

Just an fyi if you're interested. I was just told the range in St. Augustine we've been shooting at is going to be renting suppressed machine guns.

They are also in the process of getting the 800 yd range ready for public use.

Hey Rob,

I messaged you the guys cell phone. I also called the office and think his message said his only hours are on Sat, plus by appt.

Just an fyi if you're interested. I was just told the range in St. Augustine we've been shooting at is going to be renting suppressed machine guns.

They are also in the process of getting the 800 yd range ready for public use.

That's all good news. And thanks for the contact.

"Just an fyi if you're interested. I was just told the range in St. Augustine we've been shooting at is going to be renting suppressed machine guns."

Bring your wallet! If it is going to be anything like here in Texas, it's about a buck a round. 600 - 1000 rpm get's expensive quick, but it sure is fun to splurge once in a while. My home range has an Uzi,MP5 and an M4. Tried them all, MP5 is still my favorite.

"Just an fyi if you're interested. I was just told the range in St. Augustine we've been shooting at is going to be renting suppressed machine guns."

Bring your wallet! If it is going to be anything like here in Texas, it's about a buck a round. 600 - 1000 rpm get's expensive quick, but it sure is fun to splurge once in a while. My home range has an Uzi,MP5 and an M4. Tried them all, MP5 is still my favorite.

I shot an MP5, HK G36 and an FN M249 SAW in Vegas a few years ago. It was fun and not too expensive, but don't think I'd spend the money on it now.

All you damn guys are having too much fun :)

The Gun Gallery are good people. Purchased two guns from them. Actually my 7005r came from them.

Shout out to all my peeps. Need to make it down to FL soon. At least now there is a bunch of people to meet up with.