EX Carnival man

If you own a Generator and live in NJ

I plan on doing just that tomorrow!  Somehow I think this one will be nasty.

The conversion is also a great idea and I plan that as well, after it warms up a bit. For now, gasoline is cheap

and I have lots of 5 gallon cans.

I have a wood burning fireplace, and enough wood to run it for at least a week continuously.

Same here..  warmed us through 10 days without power during Sandy.  Generator is fine, gets tested couple times a year.  Still need to hoard some gas, milk, eggs and ammo...  i mean bread. 

Same here..  warmed us through 10 days without power during Sandy.  Generator is fine, gets tested couple times a year.  Still need to hoard some gas, milk, eggs and ammo...  i mean bread. 

Tomorrow will tell the story for me on how much gas to stock up on. I have 30 gallons on hand now, I might pickup another 30 gallons.  Tomorrow will tell.

Krdshrk, on 21 Jan 2016 - 10:27 AM, said:

Don't have any of that either...

Okay, then grind up two x-anax or loraze-pam and sprinkle it on top like powdered sugar.  It will taste like dung but you wont care after a few minutes.

Gas cans are flying off the shelves again.  Not as bad as Sandy but 5Gal cans are hard to find.  HF had some but HD and Wally World were out.  They had plenty of the 1.25 gal cans though.

Dude, thanks for reminding me. I went out to the garage today and tested it out and it wouldn't start. I had to clean the carb. I fuckin hate the shit in the gas these days! I just ran it in WV at the FNH match in September! 

O well, it runs now and I put Sta Bil in the tank and changed the oil so it should be good till the summer. 

How do you store your gasoline ?

In my case, gas is stored in 5 gallon red plastic containers in my shed, 100 feet from the house. I have 10 filled with stabilizer and I rotate them every few months into

my wife,s car and refill. Seems to be a good system so far. I also fill the cars up before a storm so there is another 40 or so gallons should I need it for the generator.

That would give me 6 days of 24hr use of the generator. I just hope I don't need to use it! I am across from Philadelphia in SJ and might get up to 18 inches of white crap.

How do you store your gasoline ?

I have five 5 gallon cans stored in a crate away from the house.  The generator is full so thats another 5 gallons.  I have a 29 gallon gas walker that I put in the bed of my truck.  http://www.walmart.com/ip/Moeller-GW29-29-Gallon-Capacity-Gas-Walker/37578376   I only fill the gas walker when a storm is on the way. If I don't use it I'll give the gas to my two kids for their car's.  They always need gas.  LOL. In the summer only keep 15 gallons on hand. I rotate the gas every 6 months.  Hers a video of my setup.  

That Honda EU7000 generator in the video is $3,999.95. I will live with the crazy loud one I have now pending a change to the Honda when I win the lottery

or when my boss starts paying me what I am worth! Both are a slim chance though.

That Honda EU7000 generator in the video is $3,999.95. I will live with the crazy loud one I have now pending a change to the Honda when I win the lottery

or when my boss starts paying me what I am worth! Both are a slim chance though.

What happen was I bought the EU6500 for my Dairy Queen to run the walk in  box, and a freezer.  I was so happy with how quiet it was, and it could run 14 hours on 4.5 gallons of gas that I bought the EU7000 for my house.  That one can run up to 18 hours at 1/4 load on 5.1 gallon's of gas. The inverter generators don't have to run at 3600 RPM's so there quiet and very good on gas.   Last year I put a Kohler 60KW natural gas generator at Dairy Queen I got stuck with both Honda's.   I think I'm going to sell the EU6500.  I don't need both.   If I get 5000 hours out of it I'll never have to buy another generator. 

Dude, thanks for reminding me. I went out to the garage today and tested it out and it wouldn't start. I had to clean the carb. I fuckin hate the shit in the gas these days! I just ran it in WV at the FNH match in September! 

O well, it runs now and I put Sta Bil in the tank and changed the oil so it should be good till the summer. 

You probably already know this trick but...Before putting the generator away, shut off the fuel valve and let the generator run until it dies.  This removes most of the fuel from the carburetor.  No fuel means no sticky varnish left behind when fuel evaporates.

What kit did you use ? Are there any kits in the $100 area ?

http://www.uscarb.com/

Simple install. Theres a little video that shows how easy it is to install.

I also ordered their hook up hose and ends,which you can not purchase in NJ without a license (surprise surprise!) 

15 days without power. Non of the gas stations did either...Ran like a champ. 

You probably already know this trick but...Before putting the generator away, shut off the fuel valve and let the generator run until it dies.  This removes most of the fuel from the carburetor.  No fuel means no sticky varnish left behind when fuel evaporates.

The last time I used it was camping and when I pack up to leave I get in too much of a rush and just load up and roll. I guess if I would have took the extra 5 minutes to do it right then I would have saved my self a half hour today, lesson learned...