mikeyjones

2x Amazon Fire TV Sticks Loaded w/ Kodi

58 posts in this topic

I installed it on My Mac just to try it. Most of the sports channels that I am finding are SD not HD. I was hoping to be able to get the "la Ligua" soccer games from Spain so I could watch the Barcelona matches. Are there certain add ons that I should install that are better than the others?  I just installed Exodus and it seems pretty slick.. 

Yes there are better addons.  

Plex only allows you to run media you already have downloaded.

Kodi gives you access to streams. So no need to download videos.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

There are ways to access the individual services, like Genesis, IceFilms, Exodus, etc with Plex using unsupported scripts.

Sounds like a big PITA, but it can be done. I only pointed it out because Maks asked. I have been using a Fire box for the last year or so. 

better than doing something with Roku?

I used to have a ROKU, and must say this is definitely better. This is also extremely simple to set up. You can just buy the Fire TV stick from Amazon for $39.99, and do all of this yourself in about 10 minutes time. There are a lot of tutorials online that give simple step by step instructions. Or you can spend $35 more and buy one from the OP if you don't want to take the 10 minutes or so to set it up yourself.

I used to have a ROKU, and must say this is definitely better. This is also extremely simple to set up. You can just buy the Fire TV stick from Amazon for $39.99, and do all of this yourself in about 10 minutes time. There are a lot of tutorials online that give simple step by step instructions. Or you can spend $35 more and buy one from the OP if you don't want to take the 10 minutes or so to set it up yourself.

J, I guess you're butthurt from our email exchange.

And since you're trying to air it out here, let's go.

I provide a service with support. If anything happens to your stick, I'll help you out.

I don't deny that people can do this themselves for the cost of the stick. I also don't claim it to be rocket science.

People pay for convenience and support. I'm sorry if that doesn't ring true to your entitled view on the world.

FYI for everyone else reading this, J asked me a whole bunch of questions after lowballing me on price. I happily answered all of them, knowing that he wasn't about to pay my price. After he bought one and installed himself, he asked follow up questions and I refused to answer. My free consultation was over. He took issue with this and is trying to crap on my thread.

So be it.

1 person likes this

J, I guess you're butthurt from our email exchange.

And since you're trying to air it out here, let's go.

I provide a service with support. If anything happens to your stick, I'll help you out.

I don't deny that people can do this themselves for the cost of the stick. I also don't claim it to be rocket science.

People pay for convenience and support. I'm sorry if that doesn't ring true to your entitled view on the world.

FYI for everyone else reading this, J asked me a whole bunch of questions after lowballing me on price. I happily answered all of them, knowing that he wasn't about to pay my price. After he bought one and installed himself, he asked follow up questions and I refused to answer. My free consultation was over. He took issue with this and is trying to crap on my thread.

So be it.

I'm not butt hurt. Just trying to help others out. And please, stop lying like you did when you told me this was not easy to do and when you say that you answered a bunch of questions knowing I wasn't going to buy one from you. The minute you knew I wasn't going to buy one from you is when you stopped answering questions. Actually it was only one question  I asked you after I bought one. All of the other questions were asked to you when I was considering buying one from you. You and I both have our email conversations. Let's not make this more than it already is and please stop with the personal attacks. I also don't appreciate you using my first name on a public thread. I have your info too, but will take the high road.

To those who wishes to buy this, the OP knows what he's doing, and you will most likely receive a working product. However, for those that wish to save $35 and do it themselves, shoot me a pm and I'll steer you in the right direction, for free.

I don't think it should be locked. While what sig said may not be the most tactful thing to say in a for sale thread he wasn't wrong and basically said what 5 seconds of googling will find you. Mikey is charging a service fee which is more then acceptable

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Now will come with live TV channels and Alien (new version of Beast) for extra $5.

Live TV has gotten stable enough with the new release of Alien that I finally offer it for a discounted price.  Hundreds of channels to choose from with plenty of Domestic and International content.

Is anything lost going this route as compared to the base Fire Stick? I imagine the connection to the amazon fire stick app would no longer work, anything else?

Can still use amazon apps if you so desire. Nothing is lost.

Kodi just gives you additional functionality.

Pm me for more details.

would i be correct to assume that this would require faster than dsl interweb?

It would probably work better with faster internet, but I've run it on a cable connection that had 3mbps download.  You won't be able to live stream sports in 1080HD, but still will be able to watch TV shows and movies in standard definition.