EWC88

Car guys, question on sound (video clip)

So I have noticed this sound coming from my engine, it will go louder when I rev the engine and eventually it will go away after awhile. While getting this video clip I heard another noise coming from the radiator as well. Any info on what both these sounds are I'd appreciate it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tmw8dr65mjk&feature=youtu.be

try this, but be VERY careful...

Take a long-handled screwdriver.  With the engine running place the tip on the alternator case and put your ear next to the handle.  You'll be able to hear whether it's the alternator bearing or not. 

Thanks guys I'll check out the screw driver on alternator trick tomorrow and shall report back. I do have a leak in my rack and pinion which needs to be replaced so that's probably why there is a power steering noise?

Any idea on that weird noise from the rad?

I've used the long screwdriver trick Mustang 69 mentions lots of times.  Touch the tip to the bearing (right behind the pulley) of each accessory driven by the serpentine belt.  I've also used the mechanic's stethoscope mentioned here but have had better luck with the screwdriver.

I am guessing Alternator or Idler Pulley.