JackDaWack

Building out 2 AR's need some Oh-Pin-Yuns.

I have 2 spikes lowers sitting around and decided to build two identical his/hers rifles...

Purpose: SHTF durability.

I have most of the odds and ends figured out but 3 components im struggling with...

The FCG, LPK and BCG

I have an RRA 2-stage and a SSA-E installed in two AR's right now. I enjoy them both but lets be serious here, accuracy bench shooting is not the build purpose.

The ALG ACT trigger seems like a good option, Milspec+ and single stage = bullet proof.

any other good options?

LPK.. wtf man everyone makes one and then some... Both LPK's from my last build were RRA and were great, anything out there special durability wise?

BCG, nothing fancy, but again looking for solid durability/longevity.

I appreciate the input... The rifles are intended to be 14.5" + comp light weight rifles that can take a beating and still run.

I say go with the ALG ACT. If you want to lighten up the trigger pull further, add in JP Springs...

Seemed like the better option of what I found. Standard design but better materials. It's kinda what got me on a search for equivilant parts that are beyond milspec.

Although the RRA NM trigger is only $30 more than the ALG and it takes a lot of rounds before it starts wearing out. But I understand what you're saying about dependability.

As far as I know there is no reason not to go with the PSA premium full auto BCG on sale now for $89

Is it the same metallurgical composition though? I've used psa parts in builds and have had no issues but I feel there is a certain standard bcm is held up to.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Product descriptions are identical, literally.

BCM's price drops dramatically when u buy an upper with BCG add'on. I think i may go for their 14.5" mid stripped upper. Its a pretty good deal all said and done and im going to keep the FSB. They ran some good deals with a free BCG maybe they will do it again.

ALG ACT is an awesome value. Buy with confidence. I have then in both of my SHTF guns and my .40 AR.

The BCM trigger is fairly new. I don't think it has even hit the site for the initial sale yet. Not 100% on that though.

Guys that have had them for a while in a T&E run say they are good to go. I have not seen one in real life.

BCM is good to go for everything else - Uppers, BCG, etc... So I can't imagine the trigger isn't as well.

Don't skimp on the barrel, get the best one you can afford that is suited for your rifles purpose in life. It is the foundation of your build.  $300 trigger $150 Upper receiver, $250 free float handguard,  $200 BCG and a $85 crap barrel = crap rifle. 

Get the right twist rate for the ammo you will shoot the most.  If you are going to shoot cheap 55gr M193 and/or 62gr M855 then get a 1:9. 

Twist_VS_Grain.jpg

PSA bolt looks identical to BCM at half the cost..

from my PSA experience with lower parts kits, I'd go with BcM in a heartbeat. But I prefer the colt lower parts kit from g&r tactical for $60.

If you are looking for SHTF reliability why go with the cheapest BCG. that's probably the last place I'd skimp on.

I'd take a look at aimsurplus's NiB BCG's. I have one of their versions and it runs great. I'm sold on the nickel boron coating for its innate lubricity and ease of cleaning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't skimp on the barrel, get the best one you can afford that is suited for your rifles purpose in life. It is the foundation of your build.  $300 trigger $150 Upper receiver, $250 free float handguard,  $200 BCG and a $85 crap barrel = crap rifle. 

Get the right twist rate for the ammo you will shoot the most.  If you are going to shoot cheap 55gr M193 and/or 62gr M855 then get a 1:9. 

Twist_VS_Grain.jpg

I actually would like to find 1:8 or 1:9 twist 14.5" barrel, but i haven't found much.

My DMR is 18" with a 1:7 rate, but it uses 69gr+

My "fun" AR has a 14.5" BCM 1:7, i cant find light weight 14.5" in 1:9. RRA makes a regular 14.5" but their barrels are on the heavy side.

Everyone uses 1:7 for some reason.

I'd take a look at aimsurplus's NiB BCG's. I have one of their versions and it runs great. I'm sold on the nickel boron coating for its innate lubricity and ease of cleaning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When i got my chromed BCG years ago, it seemed like great idea. Now i'm reading NiB is slightly more effective, i like the idea of a functioning rifle with little to no lube.