MattP725

Recourse against local PD for denial?

Ahh good to know... I do have one VM from the "investigator" saying they need to schedule a meet to go over a "10 question form" which constitutes paperwork in addition to state requirements. Good to know that I can use it. I wish I recorded our subsequent conversations. Probably didn't add any real value as they admitted their reason for denial in writing as I mentioned.

Ask for a copy of the 10 question form. It's in direct violation of 2C:58-3 f., which addresses additional forms or conditions added to the application. An "in home" interview is a condition according to that PD. Nappen is going to rip them a new one. Unfortunately it's an expensive price of admission for that hat show.

Ask for a copy of the 10 question form. It's in direct violation of 2C:58-3 f., which addresses additional forms or conditions added to the application. An "in home" interview is a condition according to that PD. Nappen is going to rip them a new one. Unfortunately it's an expensive price of admission for that hat show.

Exactly. YouTube is much cheaper, and quicker

If it helps you guys it is NOT Englishtown... I'm not protecting them.  I'm protecting myself.  Not from backlash but from the slight possibility that my message to the State Police Firearms unit today or my call in to Evan Nappen somehow can spur a resolution outside of an appeal (say if they didn't actually file the decision with the state and are just waiting to see if I'm going to make it an issue).  I don't want any further reason YET for this local PD to have any macho recourse that could otherwise been resolved.  The moment I know that it is going to appeal or has been resolved, I have all intention of releasing the info as well as following up with state legislators to hopefully stop this from happening again.

The best part is that I don't need him to admit anything on tape (illegal in NJ if I am not mistaken... are we not a dual consent state?)... I have it in writing.

You're 100% right about shedding light on the situation... just want people to respect my right to POSSIBLY look for resolution prior to going full tilt with the appeal.  Maybe a followup call from the state will somehow change the outcome.

Not blaming you dude but this is some sad ass shit, really. Just about nobody in the USA, particularly my new hillbilly relatives in Alabama, would understand seven consecutive words in this thread. Even I, a fellow NY-ite, am having difficulty. 

Hey heard about the new smart gun law? Yeah. 

Thats the first town that came to mind while reading this. 

Yes i have family in englishtown and was told they wanted to visit the home..  I was very surprised and told him that's complete bullshit. Most people wont make an issue since they just want the FID and P2P. Its a fugging shame what some towns put law abiding citizens through to exercise a right.

I'm pleased the OP is taking a stand i just hope it does not cause him issues.

Again, a gray area. If the PD handed you the form(s) and told you to fill them out - that is illegal. However, if the police have the form as an internal document used in the course of their background investigation - not so cut & dried. Just playing devil's advocate. I would think that the courts would be willing to grant quite a bit of leeway to the PD when it comes to firearms background investigations. Most of the SOP of the PD's when it comes to issuance of FPID's/P2P's comes directly from the NJSP manual that the NJ2AS was unsuccessful in obtaining several years ago.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I agree with Pete here. Get in touch with nappen. Call tell them it's urgent. Join anjrpc and contact Scott Bach as well. He can atleast help you start the fight. Then go silent do not post about it anymore here or anywhere else unless Bach or nappen is ok with it.

Wow, only 3 pages of posts so far. Just realized that we are a bunch of under acheivers. The identical thread on newjerseyhunter forums is up to 19 pages.

That, or perhaps we are 600% more efficient in arriving at the correct conclusion.  If anything, we are OVER achievers here :D

Life is too short to put up with this crap, pack your bags and leave the state

Lol jack. I know I get hammered like I have some sort of agenda for coming up with a fake anonymous story about my reject reason (yet while admitting my history with a psychiatrist). It's not exactly a glamorous story. I'm just a boring individual that mistakenly moved to an anti 2nd amendment town.

Lol jack. I know I get hammered like I have some sort of agenda for coming up with a fake anonymous story about my reject reason (yet while admitting my history with a psychiatrist). It's not exactly a glamorous story. I'm just a boring individual that mistakenly moved to an anti 2nd amendment town.

I agree. You don't owe any explanation to anyone. I am appalled by attitude of some people there. Good luck man.