Sign in to follow this  
BigHaggis13

Hello from Manahawkin

What's up everyone, I figured it wouldn't be a bad idea to sign up here since I've just started going through the motions to get my license.  I've been shooting many times but never had my own gear, so I always relied on friends or rentals for range time, but I figured it's time to finally put on my big boy pants and get my paperwork done.  

I've lurked around on here a few times and decided it was worth it to sign up, it's nice knowing there's such an active community despite this being a rather strict state.  I'm looking forward to finally having my own stuff for once.

Thanks for the warm welcome! I get printed on the 11th, then I'm dropping everything off for the long wait. My girlfriend is also doing all this with me, but she's a little nervous having never done anything like it before so I plan on taking her to the range when it's not too busy to let her get a feel for things. You guys think I should start with a .22 like I had planned, or go with something bigger like 9mm? Just a simple rental at first to shake the cobwebs off and let us get some time in?

Thanks again folks! My card and permits just came in yesterday, 43 days from submitting the paperwork. A little longer than i had hoped, but at least it wasn't months like I've seen it take some people.

Going shopping for a safe today, and possibly making my first purchase as well! It's exciting, I'm not sure where to start or where to go. I know P&K is local and Shooters is pretty close, but I've never checked out either. I frequent shore shot, and I've been out to Cheyenne Mountain out in bordentown quite a bit, I've always been impressed with their selection. But if anyone has a favorite place to check out that doesn't mind a first time buyer picking their brains for a bit, I'm open to suggestions.