Bully

Facebook Shutting Down Firearms Sales

Well, It looks like this one is real.  Facebook is gonna shut down sales of firearms between private individuals.  They are saying that too many sales go on without background checks.  FFL's will continue to be allowed to do business.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/facebook-announces-stricter-policy-firearms-234522278.html

Sucks.  I've been able to purchase some good stuff on the NJ facebook page.

And, the classifieds here pretty much sucks.

Now what?

C

Well, It looks like this one is real.  Facebook is gonna shut down sales of firearms between private individuals.  They are saying that too many sales go on without background checks.  FFL's will continue to be allowed to do business.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/facebook-announces-stricter-policy-firearms-234522278.html

Sucks.  I've been able to purchase some good stuff on the NJ facebook page.

And, the classifieds here pretty much sucks.

Now what?

C

The same people should be here lol...and if not, the word needs to be spread to have them join here. 

Making new Sheeple everyday.  Do they really believe Facebook is the go to place for firearm sales?  Facebook, the great manipulator.

This move accomplishes two things. 1) it's an obvious political move by the liberals to further marginalize the 2A community.  2) It narrows the paths which private commerce may be conducted to make it easier for three letter agencies to track sales.  A possible third is to protect FB from bad press, just in case some gangbanger kills someone with a firearm they acquired via FB.

All the stuff is still there the groups are just secret now which means only those that are members can even see the group exists.  Thus, those that want can still use FB as a platform, just the liberals won't see it. They are amazingly stupid as driving stuff underground does not make it go away, in fact it makes it shadier and more likely that bad people will use it.

All the stuff is still there the groups are just secret now which means only those that are members can even see the group exists.  Thus, those that want can still use FB as a platform, just the liberals won't see it. They are amazingly stupid as driving stuff underground does not make it go away, in fact it makes it shadier and more likely that bad people will use it.

Ohh good thing, now FB really won't know. 

IMHO what really just happened is that the guy(s) selling shit 7 days a week for part-time income (w/o an FFL) just screwed the little guys lookin' to get rid of a gun that Aunt Mabel got stuck with when her husband died.  It's blatantly obvious to me that the SAME posters keep coming-up with more shit to sell every day of the week.  There, I said it.

Just sayin....

IMHO what really just happened is that the guy(s) selling shit 7 days a week for part-time income (w/o an FFL) just screwed the little guys lookin' to get rid of a gun that Aunt Mabel got stuck with when her husband died.  It's blatantly obvious to me that the SAME posters keep coming-up with more shit to sell every day of the week.  There, I said it.

Just sayin....

FaceBook loophole? 

How they doing shutting down ISIS pages ?

Oh i read they are spending $1 million working in that. Hmmmmm. $1 million to FB is about 3 employees and 0.00000001% of their revenue.

In sure it's a top priority

People would do the same on eBay years ago.  I remember super bowl ticket ads that said buy this hat for 4,000 and get  two free super bowl ticket in section x, seat y, row z.  

However, I wouldn't work around them, I'd stop using them (although I never have).  I couldn't support someone who comes out so hard against my rights and profits off my data.

The same people should be here lol...and if not, the word needs to be spread to have them join here. 

No offense, the marketplace on this forum SUCKS.  I'd rather we go back to the traditional "WTS, WTT, WTB" system on most forums and relegate the "feed" to official vendors.  Plus the FB page just gets more eyeballs.

Just sayin....

Well if the Government made FFLs easier to get, then that would solve the issue, no?

No offense, the marketplace on this forum SUCKS.  I'd rather we go back to the traditional "WTS, WTT, WTB" system on most forums and relegate the "feed" to official vendors.  Plus the FB page just gets more eyeballs.

Changes are coming......  

Well if the Government made FFLs easier to get, then that would solve the issue, no?

Maybe??  But so would obeying the law instead of blatantly attempting to skirt it with your open hand in front of your eyes sayin' nobody sees anything.  I'm AMUSED by all of the ILLEGAL Gun Sellers running "underground" by switching their FB groups to "Secret".  I get every announcement generated by FACEBOOK with a notification of Status Change for every group that some of you grabbed me and put me into w/o first asking.  

Like somewhere on a FB server there's no one looking to see all of these utterly predictable Status Changes, lol!  Every key stroke on Facebook can be recorded and later given to BATFE.  It's like unzippin' your fly on Main Street.  Sooner or later your piss will start to stink, lol!

Maybe??  But so would obeying the law instead of blatantly attempting to skirt it with your open hand in front of your eyes sayin' nobody sees anything.  I'm AMUSED by all of the ILLEGAL Gun Sellers running "underground" by switching their FB groups to "Secret".  I get every announcement generated by FACEBOOK with a notification of Status Change for every group that some of you grabbed me and put me into w/o first asking.  

Like somewhere on a FB server there's no one looking to see all of these utterly predictable Status Changes, lol!  Every key stroke on Facebook can be recorded and later given to BATFE.  It's like unzippin' your fly on Main Street.  Sooner or later your piss will start to stink, lol!

"Illegal Gun Sellers"?  I must say that I have NEVER seen an "Illegal" sales request on FB, and I have trolled their system for several years.

Please elaborate on who is an "Illegal Gun Seller"

"Illegal Gun Sellers"?  I must say that I have NEVER seen an "Illegal" sales request on FB, and I have trolled their system for several years.

Please elaborate on who is an "Illegal Gun Seller"

OK, first let me say that what I wrote can be interpreted more than one way and I did that specifically to wake some of you UP.  "Illegal Seller of LEGAL Gunz" would be more correct at this juncture, lol!

See, I look at this problem from the outside, since I'm over 56 years old and have sold maybe 3 guns my entire life (and I've been shooting for over 45 years!) with 2 of those being percussion black powder rifles that only require a C.O.E.  What I see is either a whole lot of Dipshitism or a blatant disregard for written law, expressed in the following two ways:

1.  Folks with money to burn and NO BRAINS buy new and/or used guns, fire them twice, give 'em a polish and mark them for sale at less than what they paid, OR------

2.  Folks that scour adds and buy anything used they find for cheap and then sell it to someone else, at a PROFIT, sometimes with absolutely no intention of ever keeping it.

Number one covers lots of folks that keep buying guns with inferior safe-action triggers looking for "the perfect fit" when all they really need is a few hundred dollars worth of training, ammo and experience from same.  Or a 1911 or 2011 single-action WITH a superior trigger and hi-vis sights that don't fall-off like Glock's front sight, lol!  

Number two is where skirting written law comes into play.  A guy that sells his Dad's Colt Python because he needs dough for a baby that's on the way is one thing.  He throws a single gun up on a page & it either gets bought or don't and then he decides if he wants to go thru Gun Broker or a brick and mortar 4-walled FFL.  SOME of the Players on the pages post different stuff every day, all day as if they're OPEN FOR BIDNESS and trying to sell "inventory".  Some of these same players say they have something, THEN go look for it, always maintaining open permits.  Some of the Players say they have something "on the way in".  Some of the Players send their "customers" to their own FFL's to do the paperwork and transfers.  And it's all as plain as the nose on yer face.  So who is kidding whom?

I'm merely making an OBSERVATION here.  But sometimes it all makes me just shake my head in disbelief.  Buying and selling for PROFIT is against the law if you're not in BIDNESS as a registered FFL.  IMHO it would make more sense for some of the Players to sell USED CARS instead of used guns.   Granted, storage is more of a problem.....

It all comes back to not unzippin' your fly on Main Street.  I personally don't care if honest guys wanna sell gunz for profit as a hobby to make extra scratch.  Homeland Security may not be as open-minded as I am.......and now that we have "Visitors" invited into the Country, well, let's just say I can read the writing on the wall.

Just sayin'...... 

Within a few short years we have built a group with almost 5,000 members. There have been 1,000's of successful transactions by many fantastic people. As this was a FREE service provided by Facebook they have no incentive to keep it going as it's against their views. We haven't had one issue with Facebook to date with our members. Have not had one person come on and try and purchase a firearm illegally that we have been made aware of. That said our group is still open for business but should it get shut down we already have over 400 members on our backup site. I welcome all here to join:

https://mewe.com/join/nj_guns_for_sale

I wish this site had the type of classifieds Calguns or even the PA Gun Forum have. I'm not sure why this site has such little action in classifieds other than dealers. My guess is the format. As far as buying and selling if NJ allowed C&R Licenses I certainly would have one. It would have saved me thousands in transfers the last couple years. However NJ does not so what is a person who is looking to upgrade their collectible firearms supposed to do? Only buy the most expensive and best they can find, or buy one, enjoy it, then sell for ideally a profit when a better one comes along. I prefer the second route. We don't have gun shows in NJ, we don't have C&R Licenses in NJ, so we need a place for collectors to be able to trade and collect. I don't think a liberal Puke site like Facebook is the answer. We already have the answer right here it just needs to be better implemented. As far as C&R Licenses maybe Obama's executive order will have the unintended consequence of NJ recognizing C&R Licenses so that we can be in compliance with the emperor's mandate.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Within a few short years we have built a group with almost 5,000 members. There have been 1,000's of successful transactions by many fantastic people. As this was a FREE service provided by Facebook they have no incentive to keep it going as it's against their views. We haven't had one issue with Facebook to date with our members. Have not had one person come on and try and purchase a firearm illegally that we have been made aware of. That said our group is still open for business but should it get shut down we already have over 400 members on our backup site. I welcome all here to join:

https://mewe.com/join/nj_guns_for_sale

What is mewe? Also what is the answer to the first question? Maybe it is late and I'm just not thinking clearly but it made no sense to me. Are there many C&R transactions amongst members? If so I would like to check it out.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OK, first let me say that what I wrote can be interpreted more than one way and I did that specifically to wake some of you UP.  "Illegal Seller of LEGAL Gunz" would be more correct at this juncture, lol!

See, I look at this problem from the outside, since I'm over 56 years old and have sold maybe 3 guns my entire life (and I've been shooting for over 45 years!) with 2 of those being percussion black powder rifles that only require a C.O.E.  What I see is either a whole lot of Dipshitism or a blatant disregard for written law, expressed in the following two ways:

1.  Folks with money to burn and NO BRAINS buy new and/or used guns, fire them twice, give 'em a polish and mark them for sale at less than what they paid, OR------

2.  Folks that scour adds and buy anything used they find for cheap and then sell it to someone else, at a PROFIT, sometimes with absolutely no intention of ever keeping it.

Number one covers lots of folks that keep buying guns with inferior safe-action triggers looking for "the perfect fit" when all they really need is a few hundred dollars worth of training, ammo and experience from same.  Or a 1911 or 2011 single-action WITH a superior trigger and hi-vis sights that don't fall-off like Glock's front sight, lol!  

Number two is where skirting written law comes into play.  A guy that sells his Dad's Colt Python because he needs dough for a baby that's on the way is one thing.  He throws a single gun up on a page & it either gets bought or don't and then he decides if he wants to go thru Gun Broker or a brick and mortar 4-walled FFL.  SOME of the Players on the pages post different stuff every day, all day as if they're OPEN FOR BIDNESS and trying to sell "inventory".  Some of these same players say they have something, THEN go look for it, always maintaining open permits.  Some of the Players say they have something "on the way in".  Some of the Players send their "customers" to their own FFL's to do the paperwork and transfers.  And it's all as plain as the nose on yer face.  So who is kidding whom?

I'm merely making an OBSERVATION here.  But sometimes it all makes me just shake my head in disbelief.  Buying and selling for PROFIT is against the law if you're not in BIDNESS as a registered FFL.  IMHO it would make more sense for some of the Players to sell USED CARS instead of used guns.   Granted, storage is more of a problem.....

It all comes back to not unzippin' your fly on Main Street.  I personally don't care if honest guys wanna sell gunz for profit as a hobby to make extra scratch.  Homeland Security may not be as open-minded as I am.......and now that we have "Visitors" invited into the Country, well, let's just say I can read the writing on the wall.

Just sayin'...... 

Good grief..... I don't know where to start.  I'm also part of the 'over 50' crowd, and I remember the days of the $89 SKS, $99 Ruger 10/22, $200 pinned/recessed Model 19s, or the $150 thompson/center smoke poles and even the Colt $350 king cobras or $500 Pythons. 

Be sure to let me know when you're ready to sell some of your shootin' irons for what you paid for them back in the 70's, 80's, or 90's.  Never mind that your $89 SKS is now worth over $350, or that new 10/22 goes for the same, and you can't touch a decent Python for less than $2000....I'd hate to see you be accused trying to "Make A Profit"....

Also.......just Sayin'....

So how does Facebook get away with what can and cannot be posted.  Is there not some point at which something like FB becomes more of a public utility that cannot discriminate.  What I mean is an outfit like AT&T or Verizon cannot limit what you discuss on the phone.  Similarly shopping malls have been regulated and they can't just chase people away that they don't like the looks of.  Seems like some lawyer should go after FB on this.

So how does Facebook get away with what can and cannot be posted.  Is there not some point at which something like FB becomes more of a public utility that cannot discriminate.  What I mean is an outfit like AT&T or Verizon cannot limit what you discuss on the phone.  Similarly shopping malls have been regulated and they can't just chase people away that they don't like the looks of.  Seems like some lawyer should go after FB on this.

Their site, their rules.