Bully

Facebook Shutting Down Firearms Sales

If you have a few weeks or months, read "Atlas Shrugged". It will change one's way of looking at business, government, and morales.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk.

Within a few short years we have built a group with almost 5,000 members. There have been 1,000's of successful transactions by many fantastic people. As this was a FREE service provided by Facebook they have no incentive to keep it going as it's against their views. We haven't had one issue with Facebook to date with our members. Have not had one person come on and try and purchase a firearm illegally that we have been made aware of. That said our group is still open for business but should it get shut down we already have over 400 members on our backup site. I welcome all here to join:

https://mewe.com/join/nj_guns_for_sale

Just put your name and where you heard.

Their site, their rules. 

Not really. One could make a solid argument for them being a place of public accommodation given the nature of their business. Within places of public accommodation, there are rules about what can and cannot be censored without running afoul of the first amendment or other civil rights violations. The person to person sale of pretty much anything is not likely to make the cut for being protected though. 

Yep.... gone.... kaput

No, Tanners is not down.  I sent Ray Tanner a note about it this morning.  He said the page is working. They had to put a age restriction on it. With the age restriction you have to be registered to FB to see the page now. They had to do it with all the new rules going on. I am not on FB so I get the dead link some others are seeing.  If you saved your logon cookie and clicked the link to their page, it would open up as normal.  This is why some people get the dead link while others see the page.

Mark Z and Facebook can go screw themselves.  I will not join their shit show.  They roll your C drive and identify the OS, apps, IP address, etc. being used.  Then if you post, they have full rights and access to the data - forever!

Not really. One could make a solid argument for them being a place of public accommodation given the nature of their business. Within places of public accommodation, there are rules about what can and cannot be censored without running afoul of the first amendment or other civil rights violations. The person to person sale of pretty much anything is not likely to make the cut for being protected though. 

Facebook has no reason to support this and a LOT of reasons to fight it.  That one will be in the courts for years and years.

I get that for a normal business, but once a company has monopoly powers there are typically other public access rules that come into play.  

What monopoly does Facebook have?  Last time I checked they don't charge anyone to just use their webpage.

There's no monopoly..  They are not a government agency.  They are not a public utility.  You agreed to their terms & conditions when you signed up.  You do not pay for their service.  They can do whatever they want.  We may not AGREE with it, but sad but true, they can do what they want.  As for a lawyer..  LOL..  good luck with that.. 

There's no monopoly..  They are not a government agency.  They are not a public utility.  You agreed to their terms & conditions when you signed up.  You do not pay for their service.  They can do whatever they want.  We may not AGREE with it, but sad but true, they can do what they want.  As for a lawyer..  LOL..  good luck with that.. 

Exactly. Hey if you don't like it then try Google+.

No, Tanners is not down. I sent Ray Tanner a note about it this morning. He said the page is working. They had to put a age restriction on it. With the age restriction you have to be registered to FB to see the page now. They had to do it with all the new rules going on. I am not on FB so I get the dead link some others are seeing. If you saved your logon cookie and clicked the link to their page, it would open up as normal. This is why some people get the dead link while others see the page.

Mark Z and Facebook can go screw themselves. I will not join their shit show. They roll your C drive and identify the OS, apps, IP address, etc. being used. Then if you post, they have full rights and access to the data - forever!

Ahh.. yes that is why I can't see it anymore.. not going to login to see it. I gave that crap up over a year ago.

If anyone has started using MeWe feel free to add me there. I'm trying to see how all the interactions work and group pages etc. I'll probably start using that as my firearms site and leave FB to just family/friend interactions to keep up to date with things. Probably won't even be on FB as much now LOL

If anyone has started using MeWe feel free to add me there. I'm trying to see how all the interactions work and group pages etc. I'll probably start using that as my firearms site and leave FB to just family/friend interactions to keep up to date with things. Probably won't even be on FB as much now LOL

I just joined...

Exactly what i plan on doing.....

Drop all political / gun stuff and just leave FB back to when I started for communicating with friends and family..... 

A lot to get used to but I really do like some of the features on that site. Love that you have a discussion for each group on the right side and you get a pop up sort of in your My World for new posts on groups you are a part of. Easy to sort out...just trying to figure out notifications.

It is Farcebooks policy to not allow firearm sales, even from Firearm Dealers. It is under their prohibited items page under the business FAQs. As far as I know, it has always been there.

Does anyone have a link to this new policy? I can not find any.

Ahh.. yes that is why I can't see it anymore.. not going to login to see it. I gave that crap up over a year ago.

I was gonna say, you don't even have FB...if you "gave up FB" you wouldn't have known it was down lol...youre a closet FB'er lmao

I was gonna say, you don't even have FB...if you "gave up FB" you wouldn't have known it was down lol...youre a closet FB'er lmao

I wasn't really using Facebook per say just checking Tanner's weekly sales that happened to be on posted on a public webpage hosted by those asshats at Facebook

The same people should be here lol...and if not, the word needs to be spread to have them join here.

True... but the classifieds were much better the old way. I pretty much stopped reading them. It's mostly vendor ads all the time anyways.