67gtonut

Affordable Molded Ear Plugs

Well, One of the things I was looking for on my trip to the SHOT Show was affordable ear protection..... especially looking for molded ear plugs....

I was disappointed, the booth we found doing the molded ear plugs was quite busy, but at nearly $200 and up, I was not diving in....

I figured I would just stick to foam plugs and doubling up with electronic muffs....

When we got home, Tony from GSSC sent me this link...

https://www.decibullz.com/

at under $30 shipped.... it was a no brainer to try, and with a rated NRR 31 , it fell into the protection I was looking for.

I received them today, and took my time and following their directions....  I have to say, I am quite impressed. They came out great. Fit perfect and I can tell already, solid protection....

Probably heading to the range soon.... Will give a performance update then....

But so far..... For $30 shipped..... worth every cent

honestly I was too lazy to do it myself so I went to audiologist :)

Checked my hearing and got custom molded ear plugs done :)

How much? Take long?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, One of the things I was looking for on my trip to the SHOT Show was affordable ear protection..... especially looking for molded ear plugs....

I was disappointed, the booth we found doing the molded ear plugs was quite busy, but at nearly $200 and up, I was not diving in....

I figured I would just stick to foam plugs and doubling up with electronic muffs....

When we got home, Tony from GSSC sent me this link...

https://www.decibullz.com/

at under $30 shipped.... it was a no brainer to try, and with a rated NRR 31 , it fell into the protection I was looking for.

I received them today, and took my time and following their directions....  I have to say, I am quite impressed. They came out great. Fit perfect and I can tell already, solid protection....

Probably heading to the range soon.... Will give a performance update then....

But so far..... For $30 shipped..... worth every cent

Do these allow you to hear conversations?

How much? Take long?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

it took about 3 weeks and it cost $120-$130 if I remember correctly. It's made out of some fancy stuff , with anti bacterial layer and blah blah . Steep but worth it to me

Went to RTSP today.....

Earplugs were VERY comfortable and provided excellent protection..... 

Very happy with this purchase

$25.95 on Amazon Prime.

67gtonut and AlexTheSane:

Thank you both for doing the research and testing of these Decibullz Custom Molded Earplugs.  They sound like a very affordable and effective option for our gun range hearing protection.  As a result, I have just placed and order on Amazon.com (Prime) for one pair for myself and another pair for my wife, along with two Decibullz ear plug zippered storage cases.

AVB-AMG

Edited by AVB-AMG

I had mine done in the same complex as rtsp before rtsp was there. From what I can tell, large concussive shots like a rifle indoors can still cause damage even with in ear plugs. Over the ear muffs are needed to fix that.

n4p226r:

I agree!  Early on in my resurgent shooting career, I decided to go the "belt and suspenders" route.

I always will use noise-reduction earplugs and then put over my plugged ears, the Peltor Sport Tactical 100 Electronic Hearing Protector (Ear Muffs), for added noise suppression.  I had been using the 3M Peltor Combat Arms Earplugs which were good, but will now be switching to the Decibuliz Custom Molded Earplugs which arrived this past weekend and I performed the custom fitting as per their instructions.

When shooting at an indoor range, even if you are just shooting a 9 mm pistol, there may be someone in the next shooting lane/bay firing  a .50 cal or a large caliber rifle that is inherently louder.  When you can feel the pressure of the adjacent firearm, even though you are separated by a solid partition, you know that your ears need really good protection.  It is prudent practice for all of us to protect whatever hearing ability we still have, after many youthful years of listening to very loud rock n'roll, (speaking for myself....)

AVB-AMG

I moulded them to my ears so well that they're actually a little difficult to take out, lol.  Very comfortable though and definitely block a lot of noise.  Doubled up with my Howard Leight Impact Sports, I had to turn the HLs up to full to hear people...

Sorry to resurrect an old post, I bought the Decibulzz recently, I molded them, took 2 tries to get them comfortable. The foam tip it came with don't seem to work as well as the rubber. For the people that have them which tips did you use? And how have they held up?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

From what I can tell, large concussive shots like a rifle indoors can still cause damage even with in ear plugs. Over the ear muffs are needed to fix that.

this shit pissed me off the last time @ RTSP, got stuck next to an AR junkie.

this shit pissed me off the last time @ RTSP, got stuck next to an AR junkie.

Guess you never shot on the line at a High Power match. Sometimes you can feel your eyes bulge as well.  One of the reasons there are no muzzle brakes on the firing line.  Instant headache. Yuch!

Ear Protection with NRR32 only lower the sound level 32 decibels, not nearly enough to be considered safe.  Even OSHA has exposure time lengths even with hearing protection.