John Willett

NJ SAFE Conference 2016

John, first, CONGRATULATIONS on getting the 2nd NJSAFECON scheduled!  Second, did you get a block of rooms to go with the Expo Hall (Banquet Hall)?  Interested in maybe getting the Ruth's Chris Special Combo plan...

Rosey

I visited the hotel the week after Christmas, and the Ruth's Chris was delicious. 

Getting a room at the Hilton around the time of the conference will be difficult as they are hosting the PGA tour there that weekend. (Actually a benefit for us since that meant they weren't looking to us to fill rooms as part of our deal).  

There are several nice hotels very close. (Within about 5 miles)  If there is interest, maybe we can arrange a block at one of them. 

John, first, CONGRATULATIONS on getting the 2nd NJSAFECON scheduled!  Second, did you get a block of rooms to go with the Expo Hall (Banquet Hall)?  Interested in maybe getting the Ruth's Chris Special Combo plan...

Rosey

Rosey, there is a "Turn Here" motel around the corner that charges by 15 minute blocks that would be great for you! LOL

John Willett:

I was traveling out of state last summer when the first NJ SAFE Conf. was held, so I am interested in attending this year's conference and am curious when tickets will go on sale.
Is this an event where one may purchase tickets in advance or only at the door on the day of the event?

AVB-AMG

Edit on 3/02/16:  I have now pre-registered online for this conference and E. Nappen's NJ Gun Law Class.  Looking forward to both the class on 7/29 and the conference on 7/30.

John Willett:

I was traveling out of state last summer when the first NJ SAFE Conf. was held, so I am interested in attending this year's conference and am curious when tickets will go on sale.

Is this an event where one may purchase tickets in advance or only at the door on the day of the event?

AVB-AMG

Great Question!   I expect we will be launching the registration site on March 1st.  Pre-registration is highly recommended.  

Conference registration is active!  Please visit the link below to get signed up. In addition to the conference on July 30th at the Hilton Parsippany, we are offering a CLE course on July 29th at Montville Executive Suites.  It will feature instruction from Evan Nappen and Andrew Branca.  This course can simply be added to your conference registration.  

Here is the link  http://www.cvent.com/d/qfq103

Hope to see you all there!

I gotta check when Ivy's National's Dance competition is, if we're back from A.C. I'll join ya.

Hope to see you there.  Good luck!

I'll be there! My parents are a 20 minute drive so I will be bright eyed and bushy tailed! Can't wait

Fantastic!  Will see you there!

When will a list of exhibitors be put on the website?

We will start adding exhibitors to the website soon. I expect we will continue to add them up until just before the conference. Getting registration up was one of the first priorities. 

• Like 1

I think having the FIU there and asking them questions is not the way to go. Police don't interpret the law, prosecutors do. You need to get a prosecutor to answer any complex legal questions as they will be the one figuring out the charge/s after arrest and determining whether to move forward.jmho

I think having the FIU there and asking them questions is not the way to go. Police don't interpret the law, prosecutors do. You need to get a prosecutor to answer any complex legal questions as they will be the one figuring out the charge/s after arrest and determining whether to move forward.jmho

Fair enough.  Its true that some of the questions that have been proposed aren't within the scope of the FIU.  There are many questions that we believe are, in particular, those related to the processes for NJ's NICS POC, PPP and FID forms, etc.  

The intent behind inviting them was to create an opportunity to learn more about their role and perspective.  They asked for questions, so I put that out to the community because I know I wouldn't come up with all the good questions.  

I will also note that we will have several lawyers speaking on topics of interest to gun owners, including Daniel Schmutter and Evan Nappen.

I hope you will be joining us in July too.

Fair enough. Its true that some of the questions that have been proposed aren't within the scope of the FIU. There are many questions that we believe are, in particular, those related to the processes for NJ's NICS POC, PPP and FID forms, etc.

The intent behind inviting them was to create an opportunity to learn more about their role and perspective. They asked for questions, so I put that out to the community because I know I wouldn't come up with all the good questions.

I will also note that we will have several lawyers speaking on topics of interest to gun owners, including Daniel Schmutter and Evan Nappen.

I hope you will be joining us in July too.

Pfft.

Keep plugging along John! My wife and I and hopefully a gaggle of others ( in tow) will be attending.

Sharing some big news this week.  We will be joined at the conference by Cam Edwards, of Cam & Co. on NRA News!  

Cam may be from out of state, but he is connected to NJ through his family.  His wife lived in Camden and they still have family here.  We are very excited to have him. 

• Like 1

Hi folks!  

Quick update on the conference.  We have added Kathy Chatterton to our line-up of speakers.  Kathy is the current ANJRPC President and a national champion shooter.  

Also, I am proud to announce that our Legal Education course has been accredited for a total of 6.5 hours of CLE from the state of New Jersey.  That will be 3 hours for NJ Firearms Law and 3.5 hours for Self Defense Law.  Two certificates will be issued. The course is taught by legal experts Evan Nappen and Andrew Branca.  These are the guys who literally wrote the books on their respective subjects.  The course will be on July 29th at Liberty Office Suites an is open to those of us who aren't attorneys. The course is $350 for those seeking CLE credit and $300 for those who aren't.  The day runs from 9 to 5 and lunch is included.  

You can sign up at njsafecon.net/register

Finally, we have submitted our questions in to the NJ State Police Firearms Unit.  As of now we are expecting them to be joining us.  Thanks to all who helped us draft questions!

• Like 1

Hello again!  

The conference is coming up this Saturday between 10:00AM and 6:00PM!  Online registration won't be closing, you can get signed up on your way to the conference if you want at NJSafeCon.net  I hope to see lots of folks from the forums there.  

Also, change of plans with CLE course.  Only Evan Nappen will be teaching.  Course price is now $175 for Lawyers, $150 for everyone else.  Course is approved for 3 hours of CLE credit.  After lunch Evan will be doing a session for us on Self Defense (not CLE accredited).  CLE Registration closes on Thursday.

Have a great week, hope to see many of you on Saturday the 30th!  Say hi if you see me there. 

• Like 1

John and team-

I just want to say thank you for a great event this year. Many great speakers, many awesome vendors. Looking forward to next year.

And we surely know how to deal with adversity. Power goes out and 500 gun guys come to the rescue with flashlights and decide to continue on with the event.

Thanks again for all that you do for the NJ 2A community!