Rob0115

Polymer 80% Glock frame

I preordered one from Rainier arms for 135.99.  I'll finish in Florida.   I have a Zev Glock 34 upper that will run nicely on it.  Let's see if its worth the money for the fun.  

No they are just retailing them for spectre.  

https://www.rainierarms.com/polymer80-spectre-80-pistol-frame-pre-order

They answer to why is because it's there and I get bored.  

Seems like the tabs on the frame that hold the slide in place are going to paper thin considering their polymer, no?

Apparently they had issues with the first test pieces and are redesigning certain aspects.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Why -- Because some of us like to build things

How about a better answer?

Ie... how is better than a glock frame?  What do you need to finish on it?  ya know... something of substance. lol

I get buying an AR lower in order to build the Ar your way, whats the advantage to going this route.

Ie... how is better than a glock frame?  What do you need to finish on it?  ya know... something of substance. lol

I get buying an AR lower in order to build the Ar your way, whats the advantage to going this route.

I don't really have a good answer.  I've always been the type that takes things apart and puts them back together because I just have to see how it works.  I sometimes get more caught in how something functions rather than just using it.  I wish I could say there was a good reason other than I'm just curious and it's a 130 bucks that I don't mind spending.  Once I have it in my hands I can tell you how it compares to the stock frame.  In pictures it look similar to the LWD frame.  

It's like the old answer to why climb that mountain?  Because it's there.  At worst it's a learning experience.  

Ie... how is better than a glock frame? What do you need to finish on it? ya know... something of substance. lol

Also it's a non-serialed gun if you care about that sort of thing.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

As I wrote earlier in thread:

Because no asking nanny NJ for permission and waiting 3+ months for the answer is why.

For some people in towns with "anti" LEO this is a real issue.

I don't have a better answer -- I know nothing about the Glock

But I do know that we as a people need to do more in life than push buttons on a computer -- we need to build things, and pass those skills on to our youth 

If building  a glock has no real value to the glock so be it,  Building that Glock has a value all by itself -- and maybe that skill could be useful

So yeah, begs the question... legality of this? Should be no different than 80% completed ar lowers?

And I am sure we will be seeing more of these as folks will be able to 3d print these at home. A few years at shot saw a 3d printed polymer 1911 lower.

So yeah, begs the question... legality of this? Should be no different than 80% completed ar lowers? And I am sure we will be seeing more of these as folks will be able to 3d print these at home. A few years at shot saw a 3d printed polymer 1911 lower.

I don't think it's legal to do at all in NJ -- Manufacturers license or something like that

I see the OP is doing this in Florida

Polymer 1911 lower??  All I can picture is a steel slide in the teeth 

I don't think it's legal to do at all in NJ -- Manufacturers license or something like that

I see the OP is doing this in Florida

Polymer 1911 lower??  All I can picture is a steel slide in the teeth 

Yes... polymer lower.  I will have to find it from one of my phones and post a pic... but do a search here, I did post it before.

Pop over to PA or DE or any other state that doesn't outlaw manufacture, finish and serialize the lower there, bring it back.

But it's really not that simple --  You better have a place to do the work too -- can't just build a glock in a parking lot

Also cannot be hired out -- must be built by your own hands so you better have the tools and skill too

I'm not so sure it needs a serial number but I could be wrong

FWIW a good friend and fellow firearms enthusiast lives off the freemansburg Ave exit on 33 in PA. He has a nice shop in his detached garage with every tool imaginable. I have a key to his house and garage. Anyone who is intrested in building one of these let me know and we can set up a build party. I'm already taking one forum member there to build one of these. If I like how it turns out I might build one even though I'm not a glock fan just because I can

• Like 1

You sure about that?  Anything preventing me stopping at a rest stop over the border and milling out plastic in the back seat of my SUV with a battery operated drill?

I guess your right --  but how do you prove you did that and didn't build it in your basement here in NJ?

I guess your right -- but how do you prove you did that and didn't build it in your basement here in NJ?

Take a video of you doing it if you are that paranoid.

Fwiw you don't need a serial number unless you sell it but you aren't allowed to sell it without a manufacturers license.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Fishnut, have you considered a way to mark these receivers? I'm not sure how set your friends shop is. We obviously don't need it unless we choose to sell it but it would be much easier to explain if it's marked in some way with a serial number and place of manufacture.