FishNHard

Whats up with the ruger precision rifle.

I hear same thing on availability. On order... No ETA..... Be nice to know how many they've made and how many they expect to make in 2016. They are running at full capacity... Can't meet demand.

This is a 2012 article. Talks about their production issues back then. I'd imagine this year is the same story. Trying to find more current info.

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2012/03/demand-for-ruger-firearms-outstrips-production-capacity/

Ruger had made announcements back in 2013 and 2014 about expanding capacity. Both through a new plant and expansion of North Carolina plant. Some investment pundits questioned that call. Seems like it was a good idea.

You would think that most of the gun shops around here in NJ have been here for a long time and im sure has been buying from ruger for just as long seem odd that none of the long time gun shops can get any one would think they would allocate a few to each instead of one shop getting a bunch and others nothing .

Seems this happens every time Ruger announces a new product that hits a nerve with the market.  If you don't jump on it when first issued you are waiting it seems like forever for the second run.  Same thing now with the AR-556.  Flood in the market when announced, hard to find now.  I have seen this many times with Ruger. Don't know why, but it always happens.  Production schedules, supplier delays, who knows.  

I think in the case of the RPR its a bit different. They have managed to bring a rifle to market that has a very high feature/functionality to cost ratio. In other words its a very, very good value. Frankly I think they underpriced it a bit.

When the RPR first hit the shelves it was selling for just under $1,000.00 street price.  Bill Ruger's founding principle was designing firearms of exceptional quality that the average guy could afford and they continue that tradition today.  I agree that the value to cost ratio is heavily in favor of the consumer, but if Ruger priced it higher, there would be far less interest in it.  They learned that lesson with the SR-556.  The RPR is building off of the wild success of the ridiculously accurate RAR has garnered, and that is a good move.

Defender Outdoors was just selling the .308 for $999.00 and they went quick.  They had an add on ARFCOM.  

https://defenderoutdoors.com/p-111935-ruger-precision-rifle-bolt-308-win762-nato-20-101-folding-stock-black.aspx