Tallday

Bolt action PRS matchs or clubs in NJ?

I would like to get into some kind of match or club here in NJ. I know we dont have much for long range but would still be fun from 100 to 300 or 400 yards.

more info here 

http://www.precisionrifleseries.com/

http://www.scout.com/military/snipers-hide/story/1478840-precision-rifle-series-intro-to-competition?s=541

I'd be interested in this myself. Closest place that I know hosts matches is New Holland RPC. I think they have a Pro/Am match coming up soon:http://www.scout.com/military/snipers-hide/forums/5526-local-matches/14527739-pa-nhrpc-pro-am-may-7-2016

I will be at this match. Bill is discussing moving the date to May 14th, so it doesnt conflict with the Allegheny Sniper Challenge.

I will be at this match. Bill is discussing moving the date to May 14th, so it doesnt conflict with the Allegheny Sniper Challenge.

Interesting.  Mind keeping me informed?  I can't find a mailing list or anything to sign up for and if its being pushed to a Saturday i'd be more likely to be able to make it.

Interesting. Mind keeping me informed? I can't find a mailing list or anything to sign up for and if its being pushed to a Saturday i'd be more likely to be able to make it.

Sure. I can PM you if there are updates.

Dont forget to register here: http://goo.gl/forms/M7Sqg6OdC3

If you register, you will go on the list, in the event that the match fills up. Also, Bill will be able to email you with updates.

Registered. I may be able to make the 8th anyway now that I look at my calendar. I pity to Pro i'm stuck with as its my first match.

Ah, you'll be fine. None of us are "pros", when you get down to it.

Hope to get a chance to introduce myself. See ya there.

Sounds good to me. Looks like this match swapped over to the 7th instead of the 8th as per the announcement on SH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, no...thats old info. Originally, it was supposed to be on Sun, May 8. Then, they changed it to Sat May 7. Then, the ASC announced that their match will be May 6,7,8.

As of right now(the latest), Bill the MD is polling us to see if Sat. May 14 might be a better date.

From Bill the match director:

Due to a scheduling conflict with another local match, we have made the decision to move the match date to May 14, 2016.  We hope that you are still able to make the match, but if not, please let us know ASAP.

Looks like we're gonna have a few of us from the forum there...

Eric

Bullzeye, which rifle are you running?

Not sure yet. As of today Im thinking my 260 Rem Surgeon Scalpel but thats a pretty heavy setup in the AI AX Chassis and M24 contour barrel.

If we are going to be moving around some and shooting from barricades I may be better off with either the 6mm Creedmoor that Moon from Crescent Customs built me a couple years ago or the new Beanland 6.5x47 Lapua I got last month that I shot a 0.094" CTC group today at the 100 yard range at Cherry Ridge. Both of those rifles have Rem varmint contour barrels and lighter stocks (Manners T6A and Mcmillan HTG respectively)

Glass will be a Schmidt & Bender PMII 5-25x56mm  P4F reticle scope

Not sure yet. As of today Im thinking my 260 Rem Surgeon Scalpel but thats a pretty heavy setup in the AI AX Chassis and M24 contour barrel.

If we are going to be moving around some and shooting from barricades I may be better off with either the 6mm Creedmoor that Moon from Crescent Customs built me a couple years ago or the new Beanland 6.5x47 Lapua I got last month that I shot a 0.094" CTC group today at the 100 yard range at Cherry Ridge. Both of those rifles have Rem varmint contour barrels and lighter stocks (Manners T6A and Mcmillan HTG respectively)

Glass will be a Schmidt & Bender PMII 5-25x56mm  P4F reticle scope

Its nice to have options! :)

If I get a spot Im likely going to run a Semi.

Josh at PVA might have my Mausingfield done right around May 14th. Hopefully I take delivery of it there and spectate or help out. I'll bring my AIAT in 6creed just in case someone is a no show for the match ;)

Josh just finished a 6mm Dasher for me. It took alot longer then anticipated but hopefully its worth the wait. Have to figure out if Im going to pick it up or have him just ship it to me.