algamear

Centuar Firearms Lumberton NJ

This shop opened fairly recently (November 2015 if I'm not mistaken). It's very much on the small side but to me that's the appeal. I used to go to Cheyenne for everything I needed and then I discovered this fantastic shop almost by accident. The atmosphere and customer service are second to none. This shop has grown quickly in terms of customer traffic but every time I show my face there I'm greeted by name. I highly recommend anyone looking to buy a firearm try this place out before you go anywhere else. Eric (the owner) will take care of anything you might need.  

I've been in there a few times. Seem like good guys. I had transferred a bolt-action through them and had asked a question on bipods. The guy behind the counter (I forget his name) took one of his personal rifle and showed me how it worked and attached. Very hands on. They don't have a lot of new inventory but had some used/consignment up on the rack too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/76465-centaur-firearms-llc/?hl=centaur

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/79049-centaur-firearms-in-lumberton/?hl=centaur

Nice guys in there. Did a handgun transfer through them. They were charging $40 plus tax for transfer and NICS, but mentioned possibly raising in the near future to about $50.

I commute down Rt. 38 and try to stop by once a week or so. Very friendly and knowledgable guys. I have yet to make a gun purchase there, but I am sure I will at some point. They do have an old school gun shop feel to them.....digging thru dusty boxes of cheap used holsters and gear is one of my favorite things to do.

Did a transfer there shortly after they opened. They helped with nj compliance on the item. Very smooth transaction. Jumped in a few times since then and they remember me.

Seems like like good guys. They are getting my business.

Been in there a few times, always a pleasant experience. Apparently the guy who runs the counter worked with my father-in-law at NJDOC. That was a pleasant but long experience as I waited patiently for them to catch up. lol. Last time I was in there I picked up some bullet heads but didn't even ask about powder... anyone know off the top of their head if they carry it and/or primers?

Been in there a few times, always a pleasant experience. Apparently the guy who runs the counter worked with my father-in-law at NJDOC. That was a pleasant but long experience as I waited patiently for them to catch up. lol. Last time I was in there I picked up some bullet heads but didn't even ask about powder... anyone know off the top of their head if they carry it and/or primers?

To be honest I don't know. It's very much a coffee shop. I hear what your saying about long experience, but pleasant. It's almost like you were invited over for a BBQ.

It's very north west coast..

Owners a haggler. Give you the price then looks up at you( questioning eyes)

I jus laugh, everybody has a right to make money. They will get my future business

No primers or powder, I asked a while back, somthing about how the fire code won't let them store it there.

NJ you need a separate license for smokeless, another for black powder....Typical NJ...tax em to death, then wonder why everyone is moving across the state line.   

I just found Centaur too a couple of weeks ago - what a crew! Friendly, knowledgeable, and a no hassle attitude. Eric, the owner, carries on with a everchanging bunch of characters who stop in to chat - but ask a question and you get a straightforward answer. Fair deals as far as I am concerned. I am a customer!

They pinned and welded a muzzle break for me on my latest build. Excellent quality work, really have to look close to see it. Nice friendly crew in that store. I'll give them a shot for my next handgun purchase. They have a connection for Cerakoting now also if anyone is curious.

They pinned and welded a muzzle break for me on my latest build. Excellent quality work, really have to look close to see it. Nice friendly crew in that store. I'll give them a shot for my next handgun purchase. They have a connection for Cerakoting now also if anyone is curious.

Out of curiosity, did you have them weld the brake because the barrel was shorter than 16", or out of NJ paranoia?

I've used them to transfer my last 3 pistols. Never any issues and definitely the most reasonable fees in the Philly burbs.

I have had all my muzzle brakes pinned and welded to the barrel per NJ law. No gunsmith has ever questioned me as to why. I've had 2- 16" barrels done and 1- 18" barrel also. As far as my understanding it is the law for threaded barrels. I could be wrong but I believe that is the way it is here.

Your understanding of the law is incorrect. Welding is not required, unless the barrel is under 16". Then it's required so that you're in compliance with federal law.

They didn't question your reasoning because a lot of people do it out of paranoia, and the extra coin is an added bonus.

Your understanding of the law is incorrect. Welding is not required, unless the barrel is under 16". Then it's required so that you're in compliance with federal law.

They didn't question your reasoning because a lot of people do it out of paranoia, and the extra coin is an added bonus.

Depends on the rifle. If it's a semiauto with a detachable magazine and a pistol grip, it needs to be permanently attached. If it's an M1A without a PG then you can have a threaded barrel.