algamear

Centuar Firearms Lumberton NJ

You're wrong. Permanently attached is not defined in any way, shape, or form, in NJ law. Pinning is sufficient. Welding a muzzle device to a 16" is not required. Don't believe me, then ask the vendors here. It's been gone over on this forum several times already.

I meant it cannot be left threaded with a brake screwed on. It has to be either pinned or welded. Pinned is sufficient if the barrel is over 16".

They lost business today. Never had an issue with a transfer. I dropped something of to have work done, and it wasn't completed by the date I was told...twice.

The most important/valuable asset we have in this world is time. If you waste mine I'm done.

If you don't mind me asking, what was it you were getting done? Something that is complex, or something like compliance work that should be fairly quick and easy?

If you don't mind me asking, what was it you were getting done? Something that is complex, or something like compliance work that should be fairly quick an easy?

Just attaching a comp to a completed upper. The quoted price was higher than my liking (which was strike 1), but since I was initially told it would be ready the next day I decided to give them a shot. Four days later it still wasn't done, strikes 2 and 3.

I still like the employees quite a bit, good, honest guys. They're not the ones making money off me though.

• Like 1

Just picked up a Sig P229 Legion last week here. Good friendly guys and gal. Fair pricing. It's the LGS I've been searching for. In fact it was my fastest NICS yet, not that they had any control over it but I only waited 20-30 minutes.

Just picked up a Sig P229 Legion last week here. Good friendly guys and gal. Fair pricing. It's the LGS I've been searching for. In fact it was my fastest NICS yet, not that they had any control over it but I only waited 20-30 minutes.

Did you order the Sig online and do the transfer there or did they have/get it for you?

Will be shopping around for a HK once my permit is in. If they have or can get them I may buy from them since they're the closest. Otherwise I think Cheyanne has them. I'd rather support the smaller place tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They lost business today. Never had an issue with a transfer. I dropped something of to have work done, and it wasn't completed by the date I was told...twice.

it may be better to use them as a straight transfer or purchase. you may want to consider using a gunsmith for a repair, and not a shop.

I really enjoy stopping in - don't have to buy anything - just listen to the good natured ribbing. You know you are "in" when they start busting on you! Eric the owner likes to horsetrade like me so we have made some interesting deals. Like an earlier post said you do have to be there at the right time - interesting people bring in interesting things. Have done cash or something Eric is interested in and you are good to go - after he tells you what a POS gun you are trying to show him and what a one of a kind gem he has got! Then you can get down to business! I am a customer!

On 8/9/2017 at 7:22 PM, Hairless_Ape said:

Posted on their FB page today. I have no more info than what they posted, and not going to speculate.

oIRApDm.jpg

Starting Monday last week as ffl. Eric didn't want to discuss it over the phone, quite frankly it's non of my business anyway .

Shame after @PK90 left this was my guy.

Just posted in FB:

Just want to give everyone a quick update on whats going on:
We are extreamly appreciative for all of the support our customers  and friends have shown throughout this time. Unfortunately we are still currently down for the sales of firearms and ammunition until further notice, but we are stocked with a MASSIVE collection of militaria and historical pieces! Everything from the Civil War, WWI,WWII, to Vietnam and beyond! We also are still selling all of our normal cleaning supplies and accesories so please stop on by and see whats new!

3 minutes ago, gun594 said:

I was in there this past Thursday (9/28). Open, but no FFL, guns or ammo. Eric said he will be opening up a shop over the bridge in Bristol, PA in the next few months.

Sounds like the Firearms Unit stuck it to Eric. Pulled (or non-renewed) his PRNJ Retail License which will cause the ATF to yank his FFL. Too bad, I liked Eric.

On another note, the former site of Ed's (Tarpy) Gun Shop on Cooper Street in Deptford (Gloucester County) is the future site of "The Arsenal". The owner Tom says he hopes to be open in time for Xmas shopping and will be specializing in what he collects: WWI and WWII weapons and uniforms. Locals like myself are curious to see what he's got.

• Like 2

Just posted on FB:

Just to give Everyone an update: Centaur Firearms is under new Management. Paperwork has been submitted to the ATF and State,just waiting on their responses. We are still open as the best place to grab Authentic Militaria so stop by and see whats new! Unfortunately this means at the current time we are still unable to do transfers or sales of Firearms / Ammunition. Looking to the future, we are hopeful to be operating as an FFL holder by the end of the year. So please keep us in mind and keep checking up for the grand opening event and sale!

• Like 1