njpilot

Holy Sh*t! Scalia Has Died

It's doubtful that he will be replaced before the next POTUS election, so there is a bit of a stay on that.  His absence does leave one less constitutional juror during the interim though.

True. There is a stay on the EPA's destructive rules, supposed to be heard soon and a ruling in June on it. May me Obummer gets to destroy the coal industry after all.

It's doubtful that he will be replaced before the next POTUS election, so there is a bit of a stay on that.  His absence does leave one less constitutional juror during the interim though.

We'll see if the Rs in Senate have the guts to block nomination.  But it have to last until Jan 20, 2017, not just the election.

This is badder than old King Kong. Except for a narrow, narrow path to sanity this is literally the end of the American republic.

Obama will lie about how he, the country's biggest constitutional charlatan, respected the country's pre-eminent constitutional scholar. Then he'll nominate some far-left c**t constructed in his own spirit and philosophy.

Do the Republicans have the spine and the guts, finally, to delay an Obama initiative? Can they delay long enough to see if the odds-on favorite, the money-laundering cash-grabbing influence-peddling pathological liar, Queen Hillary the Inevitable, becomes our next presidentess? 

The Court was 50% conservative. It's now 3-1/2 4-1/2 conservative. The half is of course Kennedy.

We were doomed anyway given that Ole Fat-Legs beats all Republicans head-to-head. But that's part of the "narrow path" previously mentioned: Senate stalls and stalls, a Republican gets elected, he nominates a conservative justice, and balance is restored.

Well, well, well I'd rather take the odds on the next trifecta at Belmont.

All those 5-4 decisions that have our gone our way will now be 5-4 against us.  The RINO's in the Senate do not have the stones to block his nomination.

On a different note, get ready for the massive panic buying that will start.  Stock up now...

Here's a long-odds bet. 82-year-old Ruth Bader Ginsberg decides to retire and cement Obama's imprint on the court for the next 30 years. Likelihood, about 25%. 

You read it first here.

Subject to the "narrow path" scenario in my last post. See above.

We are fucking doomed.

BTW another reason I'm saddened today is that Scalia was an alum of my high school, Xavier H.S., 30 W. 16th St., one of the few NYC schools with a shooting range in the sub-basement. I shot a bolt-action single-round .22lr something or other there for three years, and every year improved my field-take-down of an M1.

Back in the day Xavier was a no-nonsense Jesuit military academy, for kids (like me) who were not smart enough to get into Regis or Stuyvesant, but where any kid who worked and didn't make excuses could succeed. They kicked the shit out of us until we learned, and goddammit we did.

Scalia was at one time a supporter of our school, as was I until I learned they had a "gay-straight" alliance club.

Very sad day for me on several levels.