Maksim

Colt Prices

Yeah it's prevented me from getting another. I don't see it for a gun that you won't shoot, at least not much. I have a 1988 6" King Cobra my wife bought, that year, for my birthday at the bullet hole. It's ultra stainless, or whatever they call the very shiny stainless finish, and she paid under 400 bucks at the old bullet hole store when it was in Washington Ave in Belleville.

I wouldn't sell it because I like it and it and it was a gift from my not yet wife, to be clear, and 1500 bucks isn't life changing. However I'm not sure it's worth 1500 bucks. I have box, papers and it's in near new condition.

I guess if colt starts making wheel guns again this market will drop. It's better than stocks right now though.

The walking dead revived interest in the snakes.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

But the walking dead was out quite a bit earlier?

Any dealers care to chime in?

Almost tempted to sell one or two of mine.

Sent from my BlackBerry PRIV, the most secure Android device via Tapatalk.

Bankruptcy filing last year and maybe news of prior to,then closure rumors probably contributed to the rise as a result.

Believe Colt came of of the filing last month.

Thanks. That makes sense.

Theyre not going out of business. The govt will bail them out. Like h&k and deutschland did.

Obama's government?

Unfortunately don't think there are too many financial statements out there to actually see what is going on with the company. 

I really can't fathom how many gun business can go bust in the last 10 years. 

Sciens private equity portfolio company. You won't find many financials on them.

Thanks... actually I may......

There is a new fund we have been looking into where this is right up its alley.

Thanks for the info.

I found some financial statements from the last time they issued debt. So 4q14 was the last one on there. If anyone is interested I can send pdf.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

That's what I mentioned earlier the only financials I could find were related to debt issuance. A lot has changed but interesting read nonetheless.

That's what I mentioned earlier the only financials I could find were related to debt issuance. A lot has changed but interesting read nonetheless.

You were right. We have large access to PE at work, so I'll ask the guys there if they have more recent.  

I'm also not sure a lot has changed.  Their #s looked bleak then and it was only a year ago.