DAHL

Tactical Training Center Range Flemington, NJ

They wont show it to you unless you show them your p2p first. Then say its the law.

They just lose all credibility when they make statements like that. If that's their policy, fine - their house, their rules - but own it, don't try to deny responsibility for your policy by claiming it's the law.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Just to inform an hourly rate of $25 seems to be the going rate at all the NJ indoor ranges open to the public. Whether it be RTSP, in Dover, Gun for Hire in Woodland Park or Tactical Training in Flemington, its the same.  The rate seems high but the cost of maintaining a large ultra modern facility like TTC has got to be very high. Consider the electric bill,  the heating bill on that place has got to be huge, then add it taxes, employee salaries, maintenance and insurance. In view of this, the $25/hr rate seems fair. You can shoot a lot of ammo in an hour.

Just to inform an hourly rate of $25 seems to be the going rate at all the NJ indoor ranges open to the public. Whether it be RTSP, in Dover, Gun for Hire in Woodland Park or Tactical Training in Flemington, its the same.  The rate seems high but the cost of maintaining a large ultra modern facility like TTC has got to be very high. Consider the electric bill,  the heating bill on that place has got to be huge, then add it taxes, employee salaries, maintenance and insurance. In view of this, the $25/hr rate seems fair. You can shoot a lot of ammo in an hour.

Gun For Hire is a whole different beast and well, it is in Northern NJ, close to NYC.  Anthony has built up an audience and a reputation and well deserving of the price.

RTSP offers a membership that actually includes all the time.

TTC offers a membership.... that does not actually give you free range time, but rather a discount.  Their VIP membership, at $1,500 only gives you 1 free hour a week.

And let's face it... it is in Flemington..... Not Short Hill, Princeton, Weehawken, etc.... Flemington.  Plenty of open land and cheap prices.

The $25 an hour is not terrible... especially for a 40 yard range... it is the membership pricing that is an issue.

This actually reminds me of my gym, Can Do Fitness here in Princeton.  They opened ala country club, high end, etc... started charging $130 a month.... they went BK.  Right now I am at that gym and paying $60 or so. 

If you read the range owners page... it does all make sense.  They are former pharma execs who decided to open a gun range for their friends... those prices make sense.  The question is... are there enough of those people to make the numbers work... and I don't know.

From the facebook pictures... the range looks AMAZING.  The shop/store looks more like my former UBS office than a gun range though. lol.  Mahogany type furniture.... not really modern gun range... more country club for old timers. 

Their pricing is more or less on par with everyone else. It's their attitude and business model that will make or break them. Face value just based on the website it looks like some big wig with spare cash and maybe a few connections saw a big cash flow opportunity and took it. That's great but they need to cater to the customer instead of the dollar.

Fwiw that membership pricing is RIDICULOUS

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Talking to the employees they seem aware of most of these issues. Except i didnt talk to them about membership fees. Cause there aint no way in this world im spending 500 for an indoor range. Running your own retail business and being a ceo are two diiferent things.

They just lose all credibility when they make statements like that. If that's their policy, fine - their house, their rules - but own it, don't try to deny responsibility for your policy by claiming it's the law.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

agreed!

I'm just glad that there are people willing to invest in gun-related businesses in this gun-forsaken State.    I couldn't imagine making that kind of investment, especially considering what the State will be like in 2 years when Sweeney becomes Governor.

I'm just glad that there are people willing to invest in gun-related businesses in this gun-forsaken State.    I couldn't imagine making that kind of investment, especially considering what the State will be like in 2 years when Sweeney becomes Governor.

But because it is such a god forsaken place.... that you can really make money in the gun business in NJ.

The higher the barriers to entry... the less players, the bigger the monopoly.

In the past few years we have had at least a net increase of 3 or 4 ranges with more coming soon.

These new ranges are finding the business model needed to succeed.

I'm impressed.

Made it out with Zoe (my 5 month old) to TTC.  

As always, I try to go to shops and stores and try to blend in, to see how folks are treated without people trying to suck up for the forum. I think Zoe made it hard. lol.  A guy wearing a baby in a carrier instead of armor plates. lol.

In any case, as I said, I did email the owners through their website contact form a few days ago, but had not set up a meeting.  So a lot of my impressions were just as another customer.

First and foremost, the people at TTC are all polite, friendly and welcoming.  Smiles all around, and folks genuinely felt happy to be there.

The facility is definitely different from what else can be found in NJ and most likely anywhere else in the country, except the NRA museum?

True to the website, the range is opulent.  From the moment you pull up to the range, there is inviting music playing outside, something that is different.  When you walk in, you do realize you are not at just another range.  The main shop area is big with wood display cases holding firearms.  Overall, something similar to the Beretta boutiques and Cabela's Gun Library. 

When I walked in I saw Dan, the owner chatting with someone so I just went further.  Another friendly employee came up and introduced himself, I believe his name was Mike, and I told him I heard about the range and he immediately proceeded to give me the quick tour. 

One of the things that irks me a tad, and I know is an issue with many newer shooters and women in particular is walking into a range and the first folks you meet are guys built like tanks in tactical gear and a gun strapped to their hip.  Even though the Range Officers were,  the majority of the staff were warm and inviting people. 

After the quick tour, Dan came over and immediately recognized me after I introduced myself.   Damian, the operations director also came over and we went to the office.

I had the opportunity to chat with THE people at the range, Dan and Joan, Damian and Scott? (the head of training.).  Immediately recognizable was NJ Gun Forums up on the two computers in the office. =) 

It was a terrific conversation and I am genuinely impressed with the conversation we had.  Most of all, we discussed the range of issues brought up in this thread and a number of other topics beyond here. 

End of the day, I truly feel they care about comments, concerns and feedback.  Yes, they run a business, however know that it is about the community.  I brought up a number of topics and feel they will be considered.

I do realize it is a brand new range and they are just ramping up.  I may not agree with the rollout as a whole,  however I think the range has a bright future.

The people of TTC are personable and approachable.  Stop by and take a look at the range.