DAHL

Tactical Training Center Range Flemington, NJ

On 6/22/2017 at 3:04 PM, NJturtlePower said:

Just ordered my 1st gun (Walther PPQ 5") and using TTC as the FFL. Plan on joining when I pick up my gun since I'm local and this will be my new home for shooting.

So I did just that, joined TTC as a 2nd Ammendment Member this week and couldn't be happier. Everyone I met there from the front desk, store and range was super friendly, helpful and patient with a brand new shooter that I am.  Answered all my questions, handled my transfer (Only $20 as a member) quickly and efficiently and really made me feel comfortable with the range. Special shout out to Melissa at the front desk who I spoke to both on the phone and who handled my membership and many questions on my visits this week. ;) The facility overall is kinda small, only 12 ports, but very modern and clean, just hope it doesn't get too crowded on the weekends. Plan to spend MANY days and nights at this place in the years to come. :good:

• Like 2

Anyone care to comment on the training classes there?  Are they worth the time and travel distance (an hour and a half for me)?

I took the 101 handgun class there 2 weekends ago. The class was extremely basic and I really didn't learn much besides getting my form down better. I've also been on here for a few years and have shot frequently on my own.

With that said the instructors were extremely informative and helped out people who had never shot a gun to get on paper. They also gave out very knowledgeable advice about the weapon platforms and pretty good advice IMO about NJ gun laws.

I would defiantly take a more advanced course there with the same instructors

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I went to TTC this morning for the first time. Wow, what a great experience! This is going to echo what some of the other posters have said!

Pros:

• The place LOOKS gorgeous! Brand spankin' new - gleaming wood cabinets - sparkling restroom, etc. Ooooo... pretty-pretty! :wub:
  • The attitude was great. When I said it was my first time there, magically the owner was at my elbow ushering me around. I mean, I'm impressed when I see an owner (working on a Saturday!) and attending to a task that other people might see as menial. It means "customer service" is coming from the top down. Every single person working there, without exception, was pleasant, helpful, smiling --- a far cry from another big commercial range in the area. I give them a BIG "thumbs up" on the customer service!
  • To my newbie eyes anyway, they seem to have a decent rental list. I figured - what the heck, I'm here - so I rented the M&P Shield (loved it, btw). 
  • The range is nice and long. I suspect their hvac system is really good too (as they have touted on their website), because I wasn't getting the usual whiff of gun exhaust floating into my nose as so often happens on smaller ranges. So, yeah... that's nice - and hey, no doubt healthier!

Cons: (minor suggestions really more than "cons")

• When I was leaving the range heading back into the store, employee "Melissa" reminded me that my driver's license was still at the rental window. Honestly, had she not done that I would have skipped right out of there (like a ditz, lol) w/out my license! What an inconvenience that would have been! If anyone from TTC is reading this: why not put an eye-level sign on that door leading out of the range ("Pls pick up your driver's license at the rental desk")?   When things get busy, don't count on your employees to see every guest leaving. 
  • As I discussed briefly with the owner, the website is out of date. For instance, I've been checking the TTC website for a while because it once hinted at some ongoing women's shooting thing being planned. As it turns out, it's been happening already, but they never put it on the website! :facepalm: An up-to-date website is almost imperative these days to any consumer-facing business. (But if you really can't keep up with it, maybe you should move the "latest news" section to an interior page (it makes the website feel unnecessarily "dated" when it's almost August and right on the main page you only see ads for events that happened back in the spring). Just my opinion!

Those last 2 points are seriously minor. To my mind, TTC has a great operation and I'm sure I'll return soon! 

If you're in the area and you haven't checked it out yet, I would encourage you to do so!

• Like 4

Peel,

That's a great review btw!

Did you happen to notice any area(s) at that range that had brochure holders for various shooting-related activities / groups / notices, etc.?  We need to get someone on our staff to visit there & drop-off a loaded brochure holder & bidness cards :) 

6 hours ago, Smokin .50 said:

Peel,

That's a great review btw!

Did you happen to notice any area(s) at that range that had brochure holders for various shooting-related activities / groups / notices, etc.?  We need to get someone on our staff to visit there & drop-off a loaded brochure holder & bidness cards :) 

From a quick visual survey, "no" I didn't see any space like that - they had kind of a well-furnished but "clean, unbusy" vibe. But I was also a bit nervous... I've never ventured to a range alone before... so I might have totally missed some posting area. Call them and ask. They're very friendly!

• Like 1

On 7/29/2017 at 4:36 PM, Smokin .50 said:

I think they would be happy to have that, there's usually a stack of the latest ANJRPC pub out on the front desk.

On 7/29/2017 at 3:58 PM, Mrs. Peel said:

Pros:

• The attitude was great. When I said it was my first time there, magically the owner was at my elbow ushering me around. I mean, I'm impressed when I see an owner (working on a Saturday!) and attending to a task that other people might see as menial. It means "customer service" is coming from the top down. Every single person working there, without exception, was pleasant, helpful, smiling --- a far cry from another big commercial range in the area. I give them a BIG "thumbs up" on the customer service!Cons: (minor suggestions really more than "cons")

Cons

• When I was leaving the range heading back into the store, employee "Melissa" reminded me that my driver's license was still at the rental window. Honestly, had she not done that I would have skipped right out of there (like a ditz, lol) w/out my license! What an inconvenience that would have been! If anyone from TTC is reading this: why not put an eye-level sign on that door leading out of the range ("Pls pick up your driver's license at the rental desk")?   When things get busy, don't count on your employees to see every guest leaving. 
  • As I discussed briefly with the owner, the website is out of date. For instance, I've been checking the TTC website for a while because it once hinted at some ongoing women's shooting thing being planned. As it turns out, it's been happening already, but they never put it on the website! :facepalm: An up-to-date website is almost imperative these days to any consumer-facing business. (But if you really can't keep up with it, maybe you should move the "latest news" section to an interior page (it makes the website feel unnecessarily "dated" when it's almost August and right on the main page you only see ads for events that happened back in the spring). Just my opinion!
  • Yes, Wayne is there very often (most times I've been) and he's very friendly and "hands-on".
  • I think they might have that posted on the way out of the range room.  I've actually made it out and on the road and have had them call me! :(
  • If you're on FaceBook, follow them there as they keep that very up to date and announce the womens get togethers there.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, tomk62 said:
  • Yes, Wayne is there very often (most times I've been) and he's very friendly and "hands-on".
  • I think they might have that posted on the way out of the range room.  I've actually made it out and on the road and have had them call me! :(
  • If you're on FaceBook, follow them there as they keep that very up to date and announce the womens get togethers there.

Lord, I hate Facebook with a passion, LOL. I might not have a choice though... it seems a lot of the ranges and 2A groups, etc. seem to be more active on there than on their own websites. I might have to finally surrender to Facebook. :( Thanks for info!

• Like 1

Facebook is where everybody IS.  So I have to be there to reach our demographic.  2-3 days after a story "breaks" on Facebook, someone will post it here.  I need to stay relevant & answer 2A questions on a daily basis.  So I'm THERE...

4 minutes ago, Smokin .50 said:

Facebook is where everybody IS.  So I have to be there to reach our demographic.  2-3 days after a story "breaks" on Facebook, someone will post it here.  I need to stay relevant & answer 2A questions on a daily basis.  So I'm THERE...

Should see how many notifications I get when Rosey posts :D

• Like 2

On 8/7/2017 at 3:19 PM, Krdshrk said:

Should see how many notifications I get when Rosey posts :D

OOOPS, lol!  Damn the torpedoes, FULL STEAM AHEAD!  And thanks for all you do for the Second Amendment Nick!