Zeke

Putting a pet/ friend down.

Sorry for your loss. We had both our dogs go last summer. One we had to put down, the other went suddenly in our living room. I don't k ow which was worse but the whole thing was gut wrenching.

Enjoy and love them while they're in your life, love and remember them after they go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zeke,

Been there, done that more times than I care to remember! It's a loss of a family member and a close friend! It hurts and it sucks, but it's the price we pay

for choosing a companion that we know will have a lifespan far less than our own. Each time my wife and I said "never again"! Then we went out and got a new puppy a few months later.

The new pup does not and cannot replace our lost friend but it does help ease the pain of the loss. Time heals all wounds! I know what you and your wife are going through

and I am sorry for your loss. Don't kid yourself about the guilt feelings of getting a new dog. You are not replacing  your lost friend, you could never do that as each one is special.

But don't deny yourself the pleasure of your next companion, he\she is waiting for a good home and someone to love as well! You need each other!

Best of luck in your search of a new friend!

Sucks every time you have to do it.  Lost our dog this past fall and its heartbreaking.  For us, its especially tough at the beginning, probably for the first month or so afterward because everything you do was influenced by the animal in your life, and its all different and weird..  Some like to get another one right away to help with it, others (like myself) like to wait a little while, especially when the pet was sick and needed special care in their latter days here.  (Time to gather yourself and get back to normal before introducing another to the household).  Neither option is right or wrong. 

As others have said, worst part of pets is the fact that they only live a fraction of the time we do and it hurts EVERY time you lose one.  Sorry for the loss.  We all clearly know your pain..

You hit the nail on the head it sucks. We put one of our herd down last summer, boxer and she was amazing, and it still makes my eyes well up when I think of how great it was to have her around. I make a donation to several rescues in her name whenever I'm saddened thinking that dog--which I'm going to have to do now.

Take a deep breath it's, unfortunately, just part of life.

You hit the nail on the head it sucks. We put one of our herd down last summer, boxer and she was amazing, and it still makes my eyes well up when I think of how great it was to have her around. I make a donation to several rescues in her name whenever I'm saddened thinking that dog--which I'm going to have to do now.

Take a deep breath it's, unfortunately, just part of life.

We have rescue Boxers, Kills me when we lose one! Last one still brings tears to my eyes! RIP Callie! I feel the pain!

Sorry to hear of your loss, I've been through this too many times and I know how hard it is.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Have a friend do it.

I don't want to go to a vet balling my eyes out in front of a bunch of strangers and scare the living shit out of my animal. Last time I did that the animal KNEW he was going to die and actually turned on me to a token extent.

I'm on call for my buddy's dog. I like that dog but I am going to be thinking of the times I stepped in his sticky, greasy shit or the times he rubbed some shit on me that he rolled in from another animal, or animal guts or skunk.

Have a friend do it.

I don't want to go to a vet balling my eyes out in front of a bunch of strangers and scare the living shit out of my animal. Last time I did that the animal KNEW he was going to die and actually turned on me to a token extent.

I'm on call for my buddy's dog. I like that dog but I am going to be thinking of the times I stepped in his sticky, greasy shit or the times he rubbed some shit on me that he rolled in from another animal, or animal guts or skunk.

It was prolly his way of telling you how much he appreciated your company.

Have a friend do it.

I don't want to go to a vet balling my eyes out in front of a bunch of strangers and scare the living shit out of my animal.

Our vet came to our house. He was fantastic through the whole thing. PetPT in Cherry Hill. I can't imagine going to the vet office for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk