silverado427

PA CO charged with carrying a gun in NJ

I agree with him, and I thought that S. Allen should have been prosecuted.

I'm not upset she wasn't, but I'd have had no problem if she was.

Part of being a responsible gun owner is knowing the laws, and if you are a CCW holder, then you'd better know the laws of the states where you are traveling or visiting.

Prosecuting anyone over unjust and unconstitutional laws is bad. Saying people should be penalized for not knowing or not following these idiotic laws is ridiculous.

If you were on a jury and someone was arrested for carrying a gun for self defense (no criminal record or intent) you would still find them guilty because "that's the law"?

Prosecuting anyone over unjust and unconstitutional laws is bad. Saying people should be penalized for not knowing or not following these idiotic laws is ridiculous.

If you were on a jury and someone was arrested for carrying a gun for self defense (no criminal record or intent) you would still find them guilty because "that's the law"?

Yes.

So the NRA is finally realizing that we DONT have CC in NJ?

no they've always known...just feel "it would be money and time wasted"...take too long and too much money thus cutting into their coffers..they stick with the easy wins.. county fair ccw right at a county fair in a constitutional carry state...lol.....

so they put out a video that all the nj people will see and share on their twatter, and clownbook pages and get all excited that the "nra is finally going to do something for nj".....and everyone rushes to donate extra money.....all the while nra knows damn well they aren't going to do sh%$ they're just dangling a carrot on a string infront of the donkey to keep the money flowing........the old saying about the two hands and seeing which one fills up first applies here.....one will be full and the other will be empty..anyone care to wager which one it will be? 

Edit: after typing and thinking a moment......when people start to really question/doubt the nra ..they release a video..people rush to send in money....they do nothing...its a cycle.....perhaps if everyone that actually gives a damn about anything other than skeet shooting/fudding were to call and tell the nra that they wished to cancel their memberships and they won't be renewing until they actual DO SOMETHING for nj directly ...

not the mind@$&k*...."look you nj people don't understand that us getting the right for people to carry in a family owned one location deli in az...is actually helping you...we just need you to send more money so we can continue the good fight to get you your rights back"....

Jury nullification, if you could do it. However, putting a CO in jail just may wake up a tiny part of the population.

yes..just the people that it effects...and rights for themselves...example "we must fight to make nj recognize out of state co's and armored car personnel as leo's and grant the rights of self defense to them"......not nj laws are unconstitutional and need to be fixed...its a case by case...philly black mother heading to ac at 0200 loaded gun in purse ...give her a pardon make her go away......pa co..loaded gun....pardon him..make it go away...nj citizen drops off friend on way back from range unloaded weapons stored as per transportation laws...screw him..put him under the jail with murders

....and licensed security guards and/or armed guards here can only carry during work hours on the job.

But I heard the Gov. say he's making it easier for us here in NJ...........

Yeah specifically for as he called it "conceal and carry." Like when you walk into a liquor store, conceal a bottle of muscatel, and carry it out without paying. 

The guy carries a gun every day of his life. Did he have this gun for an unlawful purpose, regardless if it was the State of New Jersey or any other State in the US? If he didn't then let him the fuck go, calm your asses down or you're just making our stupid laws WORSE.

So do I. They should let me go, too.

.............and NO ONE caught the reference to Carol Bowne dying in her driveway?

Is it because we're all so "bent" that the CO should have known better (me included)?  Or is it because we let our emotions control our avatar-protected asses to such an extent that we simply don't read or care about a reference to a Berlin, NJ DV Homicide Vic, lol?

So WTF is up with THAT, eh?

.............and NO ONE caught the reference to Carol Bowne dying in her driveway?

Is it because we're all so "bent" that the CO should have known better (me included)?  Or is it because we let our emotions control our avatar-protected asses to such an extent that we simply don't read or care about a reference to a Berlin, NJ DV Homicide Vic, lol?

So WTF is up with THAT, eh?

Oh, I caught the reference...remember, Berlin is the next town over from where I live.  Its just not germane to this situation.

What keeps going thru my head, as I look at this, is that if our roles were reversed, and it was me caught-up like this jailer...would he have any pity on me, or would he just slam the cell door and walk away.

Oh, I caught the reference...remember, Berlin is the next town over from where I live.  Its just not germane to this situation.

What keeps going thru my head, as I look at this, is that if our roles were reversed, and it was me caught-up like this jailer...would he have any pity on me, or would he just slam the cell door and walk away.

Other posters indicated that in EVERY circumstance the poor dumb bastard that got caught should be locked-up.  NO special circumstances allowed, even for a Vic like Carol.  Yes, her situation is germane to the discussion because of some folks here having an "all of nothing", "If I can't have it, then they can't have it" approach.  

As for the CO situation, I find it rather odd that some sort of courtesy wasn't extended upon the guns' discovery.  Like, "Here Boy, put this AWAY"!  Now I'm not saying I agree with the George Orwell Animal Farm approach we have now, where some Pigs are MORE EQUAL, I'm just admitting it exists.  In fact I've written extensively about it in other threads on this very forum.

As to whether or not your jailer would empathize with you, let's just say that in other cases involving NJ gun "crimes" in quotation marks, they have.  Blue Tent Sky tells of Brian's life in the lock-up and how he was treated, especially after his story hit the papers.  Makes for a great read.

I empathize with all of my fellow serfs, as I too don't have the Unicorn that shits rainbows (CCW Permits).  But if I had "Carol" as my sister, she may have had a friend in her purse that I trained her on.  That's all I'm sayin' here...........

Let's all keep up the fight for true 2A TOGETHER!

Dave

It's really no wonder NJ is in such a sad state of affairs when you see how many here want to cannibalize their fellow gun owners. A supposed pro gun forum full of members crying that they can't carry so they support the draconian anti gun legislation when it's employed to destroy a man's life. What a pathetic viewpoint and misguided direction of anger.

+1

see how many here want to cannibalize their fellow gun owners.

Sorry, but my fellow gun owners don't get a pass in breaking the law simply because they are fellow guns owners.

I don't like the CCW law in NJ and how its jammed up people like this man, or the other lady, coincidentally who was also from PA.

If you are going to assume the responsibility of carrying concealed into another state, you have the burden of responsibility of knowing the laws in that state.

We talk about it here all the time in example of range visits or travel plans.  It's not that hard to figure out whether or not your CCW is recognized by other states.  In this case, i'm going out on a limb and saying that this guy knew his wasn't, otherwise, he would have had the gun on him, concealed.  In stead it was under his front seat?  Why?

My opinion, he knew he wasn't allowed to have it and stored it there while in AC or ditched it quickly when he got pulled over.

Sorry, but my fellow gun owners don't get a pass in breaking the law simply because they are fellow guns owners.

I don't like the CCW law in NJ and how its jammed up people like this man, or the other lady, coincidentally who was also from PA.

If you are going to assume the responsibility of carrying concealed into another state, you have the burden of responsibility of knowing the laws in that state.

We talk about it here all the time in example of range visits or travel plans.  It's not that hard to figure out whether or not your CCW is recognized by other states.  In this case, i'm going out on a limb and saying that this guy knew his wasn't, otherwise, he would have had the gun on him, concealed.  In stead it was under his front seat?  Why?

My opinion, he knew he wasn't allowed to have it and stored it there while in AC or ditched it quickly when he got pulled over.

Are we saying that the voiding of this law

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full_Faith_and_Credit_Clause

Is OK because NJ is a special case?

A question

Is being a CO an automatic qualifier

for ccw in Pennsylvania?

I might be wrong on this but I think they qualify for CCW in PA, but do not have arrest powers. However, in NJ, CO's do have the power to arrest people.  I think that is the way the State Police are viewing his arrest. They do not recognize a PA CO as "law enforcement".

S.

I might be wrong on this but I think they qualify for CCW in PA, but do not have arrest powers. However, in NJ, CO's do have the power to arrest people.  I think that is the way the State Police are viewing his arrest. They do not recognize a PA CO as "law enforcement".

S.

Yep, was already answered on page one. 

i would if i was on the jury.   i'd let just about anyone go on any law that i didn't think was constitutional or just. 

Somehow I think I won't be able to figure it out until after I am appointed to the jury and learn all the facts :)

A question

Is being a CO an automatic qualifier

for ccw in Pennsylvania?

Breathing over the age of 18 is an automatic qualifier.