Sign in to follow this  
weekend_junkie

A2955 - amends CCW

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2016/Bills/A3000/2955_I1.HTM

I understand this is currently in front of NJ Senator Linda Greenstein and that it would be up to her to allow this to have a hearing. Call her office at 609.395.9911 and politely request that it gets its fair chance!

The safety training requirements are a clear benefit to public safety and all the current CCW holders, how could they say no!

The safety training requirements are a clear benefit to public safety and all the current CCW holders, how could they say no!

Because Sweeney has already publicly stated " Not on his watch!". He needs the other Dems to be the next Governor. 

Unfortunately I don't see a ® getting elected again any time soon - at least not this next election.  There just isn't anyone working for it.  Maybe Kean because of his name recognition.  The only reason Christie got it was because Corzine was so bad he lost Dem support, and Christie had effectively been campaigning for it since he became USAG.  He was happy to be seen as a corruption-buster to get elected, but since he got elected it's "See No Evil" anywhere.

I hate to be negative, but I just don't see us getting anywhere with 2a issues at the state level.  The only thing a politician cares about is votes, and someone Pro-2a in NJ would lose more votes than they gained since they'd be hammered with it throughout the campaign.  And the chances someone would run as an anti and then turn pro after the election is remote.  Yes, with the level of voter participation we could mathematically win as has been shown by others on the forum, but the 2a just doesn't bring voters to the booth.  The legislature would need to swing R for there to be a chance, and the districts are too gerrymandered for that to happen - blame both parties for that one.

I wish I saw a way forward but the only thing I can see that will work is an exit strategy.

The path to greater 2a recognition in NJ is at the Fed level.  With Scalia's death I'm honestly concerned with the future direction of the court - for a lot more issues than just the 2a.  

Stupid question here. Do you think that pretty much ALL people that will vote Democrat are so anti 2A? I mean like what is stronger in the Democratic John Doe? Do they hate guns more than that hate republicans?

What I mean is it says above "a republican running wooiks get blasted by Anti 2a in the state"

Do you think people hate guns in Nj more than they hate anything else?

Bernie sanders is a demo and not anti 2a

Stupid question here. Do you think that pretty much ALL people that will vote Democrat are so anti 2A? I mean like what is stronger in the Democratic John Doe? Do they hate guns more than that hate republicans?

What I mean is it says above "a republican running wooiks get blasted by Anti 2a in the state"

Not all dems are anti 2a

The ones that are , well they are a special kind of stupid.

He's not?????

http://www.ontheissues.org/2016/Bernie_Sanders_Gun_Control.htm

The rabid anti-2a are all dems, but not all dems are rabid anti-2a.  Several folks I shoot with are Dems.  The 2a doesn't seem to be an issue for them when it comes to pulling the lever.  Makes for some "interesting" conversations.  They don't believe the dems will follow through with any of the confiscation nonsense and have no problem with "common sense" changes since all they do is blow holes in paper and would never consider ccw.

Head in the sand types.

Although I find it nearly impossible to put insane thoughts in a sane head, I have to theorize that unless your a true libtard democrat, the vast majority of more "normal" democrats may just be writing this election off and tuning out? Of the few Dem's I know, after a million I told ya so's for voting for Obama, are voting Republican next election.

Although I find it nearly impossible to put insane thoughts in a sane head, I have to theorize that unless your a true libtard democrat, the vast majority of more "normal" democrats may just be writing this election off and tuning out? Of the few Dem's I know, after a million I told ya so's for voting for Obama, are voting Republican next election.

I know of an individual that held a fundraiser for Slick willy. I'm not sure if he/she is even gonna vote....

It could be argued, from your info, he is less anti than HC.

He's just as bad. I'll have to find the video but he says something to the extent that nobody needs ARs or semi-auto handguns. He then says something like hunting rifles and shotguns are okay. Almost in next breath he adds he would like to get rid of any gun that can kill a human being.

Mmmmmm.....okay. That woukd be ANY gun. ALL of them.

Will see if I can find video later.