mustang69

Sig 229 Legion

Was finally able to pick up my new Sig 229 Legion today.  Submitted NICS yesterday and didn't come back until today.

I like my sigs and decided to upgrade to the Legion series for each model as they come out.  I also have the 226 SAO on hold.  Have I mentioned how much I hate OGAM?

I know at least one other forum member with one, anyone have experience with it they'd like to share?

Off to the range this weekend...

post-5531-0-98744100-1455928221_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Love mine.... Picked up the iwb mini wing and the flipper quartermaster knife to go with it. Get the feel of the trigger, because its the most precise and short there is. You might want to consider adjusting it if its too hairy for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks.

The video was useless... as it is just "Buy it because it makes you "elite" and exclusive".... but the website was good with details.  I am intrigued to actually hold and shoot one to see how contoured and slimmed down the gun is.  One of the pet peeves I have and I know many others have is the bulk of the sigs in comparison to other manufactures putting out a quality gun.... I mean thicker than a 1911 and some double stack 2011s. 

Thanks.

The video was useless... as it is just "Buy it because it makes you "elite" and exclusive".... but the website was good with details. I am intrigued to actually hold and shoot one to see how contoured and slimmed down the gun is. One of the pet peeves I have and I know many others have is the bulk of the sigs in comparison to other manufactures putting out a quality gun.... I mean thicker than a 1911 and some double stack 2011s.

That's why I gave you both things to look at. Like I always say, guns are a personal preference. TETO. But I love mine more than my 226 Extreme... I'd even venture to say, (and I'm a big HK fan), that I like it more than some of my HKs.. Not all.... Just some. But hey, I love all my guns. :)

Think of the Legion as a custom shop version.  The beaver tail is trimmed, it's got a GhostGuns short-reset trigger and an action job, the finish is a Gray Nitron, it has night sights and the G10 grips are unique.  There are a couple of freebies you get from Sig after the sale too.

The trigger is fantastic.  It's the shortest reset this side of a 1911.  I can't wait to see what it's like after a couple hundred rounds.  Considering the price over a "standard" 229 or even some of the other versions I think it's a bargain. 

Think of the Legion as a custom shop version.  The beaver tail is trimmed, it's got a GhostGuns short-reset trigger and an action job, the finish is a Gray Nitron, it has night sights and the G10 grips are unique.  There are a couple of freebies you get from Sig after the sale too.

The trigger is fantastic.  It's the shortest reset this side of a 1911.  I can't wait to see what it's like after a couple hundred rounds.  Considering the price over a "standard" 229 or even some of the other versions I think it's a bargain. 

How is the trigger compared to say a CZ Sp01? or the custom shop version?

I don't have an SP01 to compare it to, but I have a 75 compact and an 85 tactical.  The Legion trigger is comparable to them in DA (maybe a bit lighter pull though), but it is in a different league SA.  The reset is much shorter and the break is crisp, without the take-up common to the CZ and Sig platform.  Almost like a 1911.

If you like Sigs, then considering the Legion already comes with the SRT, great sights and includes a third mag the extra cost seems like a no-brainer to me.  Everything else is a bonus. 

I don't have an SP01 to compare it to, but I have a 75 compact and an 85 tactical.  The Legion trigger is comparable to them in DA (maybe a bit lighter pull though), but it is in a different league SA.  The reset is much shorter and the break is crisp, without the take-up common to the CZ and Sig platform.  Almost like a 1911.

If you like Sigs, then considering the Legion already comes with the SRT, great sights and includes a third mag the extra cost seems like a no-brainer to me.  Everything else is a bonus. 

Street price on the legion?

the SRT trigger was nice... when I had my 226 USPSA edition, but was still not as nice as a CZ sp01 or custom shop one.

I am really interested in the contoured frame though.... the one thing that ruins Sigs for many folks.

Street price seems to be about $1200-$1250 locally, a bit less on Gunbroker but then shipping and xfer brings it up to that level again anyway.  If you want to try a legion with an even better trigger try the 226 SAO.  I have that one on hold waiting for OGAM.

The contoured frame on the Legion was a factor to me because I like the undercut trigger guard and the grips themselves, well I love the G10 grips.  The pistol feels a bit narrower with them and the texture is comfortable and sticky without being aggressive.

Range report - The trigger is even better after having shot it.  At 7 yards the first 15 rounds were all in the 10-ring in 1 jagged hole on an 8" target.  The trigger is smooth and the reset is as good as any I've shot. 

Love mine.... Picked up the iwb mini wing and the flipper quartermaster knife to go with it. Get the feel of the trigger, because its the most precise and short there is. You might want to consider adjusting it if its too hairy for you.

I was stunned at how nice the trigger is and how short a reset.

aren't the legion series triggers just SRTs with sig's action enhancement package?  

That's how it's written up in the brochure, but at the range the gun feel like it almost resets on recoil.  Shortest reset I've felt this side of a custom 1911. 

They have the Bruce Gray adjustable triggers too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bruce Gray did the trigger in my P30. He's awesome.

• Like 1

@mustang69 took mine out for the first time and trigger fail!

http://s1194.photobucket.com/user/Kyle_Kappmeier/media/20160417_130813.mp4.html

Well that just took "that sucks" to a whole new level.

Sorry to hear/see that.  If it helps, SIG has great customer service...