302w

Sarco will always surprise me

Had bundles like this labeled as firewood for $5 sitting outside. I wonder how long it will take to identify these.

I also felt bad because there was a Jersey guy trying to buy unobtanium mags but they were >15

Snapchat-8531193892673328985_zpsen4hfd63

Sarco has rubbed me the wrong way for numerous reasons. Hypothetically if I was to spend a dime at that place, I would have bought a bundle or two and enjoyed some bonfires started with some cool kindling.

Such as?

I have not shopped at Sarco.... I take that back, I popped by old store to pick up Mauser front sight hoods, but I thought folks were generally happy with them?

Go research the time they had a bunch of guns get "stolen" and used by felons. It's an enlightening read when you look at the evidence presented by the prosecution. The fact that none of the owners, who subsequently went to PA and got new FFLs after their NJ ones were revoked, aren't currently rotting in prison is a massive travesty of justice.

Go research the time they had a bunch of guns get "stolen" and used by felons. It's an enlightening read when you look at the evidence presented by the prosecution. The fact that none of the owners, who subsequently went to PA and got new FFLs after their NJ ones were revoked, aren't currently rotting in prison is a massive travesty of justice.

http://law.justia.com/cases/new-jersey/appellate-division-unpublished/2011/a1161-08-opn.html

There was always scuddlebutt how the 'back door' was never really that secure.  Great place to get stuff back in the real surplus days. Flipping through the Shotguns News to see what was available.  Now, not so good.

Such as?

I have not shopped at Sarco.... I take that back, I popped by old store to pick up Mauser front sight hoods, but I thought folks were generally happy with them?

I've stated in other threads. Shitty attitudes, ID'ing me for gun parts, lying about details on a gun to name a few. Just not a place I want to spend my money at.

They are nice.

They tried to sell me a Suomi drum for $150. The guy at the desk shook his head after he had to look up the price. We had a good laugh.

Some of their kits are OK if you want a quick buy and not interested in buying private. But the golden days of surplus are over.

Sarco is awesome when you know what you are looking for. I got my M48 snipers off the rack and my 24/47 mountain cavalry carbine sniper for something like 150. There are only 6 known mountain cavalry carbines known to exist in the world and this is the only known sniper. If you take your time and dig you can find some gems. Hell I picked a stock for a Borschardt there, where else in the world can you find one of them?

Agree with the sentiment that 99% of the stuff in Sarco is super overpriced and you get the normal gruff gun store attitude. However, I found a pristine special edition used Browning trap gun on the racks for a great price so you can find special deals there.