GramGun79

OBRPC

Im looking to join one of the clubs and have been leaning towards Old bridge being that it is closest to me.  What do you guys think of the range? From what I've been told you can't get in to check the place out unless your already a member or are registered for new membership. any reviews would be a greatly appreciated.

Im looking to join one of the clubs and have been leaning towards Old bridge being that it is closest to me.  What do you guys think of the range? From what I've been told you can't get in to check the place out unless your already a member or are registered for new membership. any reviews would be a greatly appreciated.

Great club and plenty of members are here.

One way you can check out the club is to go experience it by shooting a match hosted there.  USPSA matches are open to the public.

As Maks said, the club has many events that anyone can attend. More so in the spring thru fall seasons. The range has an outdoor area 100yd, 50yd, shotgun, and 5(6) pits 25-35 yds. The indoor range is 25yds and open pretty much 24/7/365. It gets crowded on some days, but rarely do you need to wait.

I've been a member for 4 years now -- It is a great club with some great people

It really depends on what you're into -- OBRPC holds a lot of events -- They are open to the public but while these events are happening the range is mostly closed to everything else

If you want to participate in the event, great, you are welcome by all -- most weekends during the spring, summer, fall have an event

The downside is if you only have weekends to shoot and do not want to shoot whatever event is going on at the moment -- then you have to wait till 3 or 4 pm to get on the outdoor range 

The indoor is open 24 hours with events too -- be sure to check the calendar before heading out -- an event at the indoor shuts it down for everything else  -- only handgun calibers and no magnums inside

Like I said -- it is a good club as long as their schedule works for you -- and there really are some good people

A big +1 for OBRPC. I've been a member since 2013 and the club is everything I hoped it would be (except, I wish it was a little closer to my house). Clean, safe range facilities along with (mostly) friendly, helpful and encouraging members make it a nice place to shoot for all skill levels. If you demonstrate that you can handle a firearm safely you will be welcome at this club.

Most (if not all) posted events are open to non-members and you can always tour the indoor range during the monthly "new member" orientation. At the orientation, you get to tour the indoor range and get a safety briefing BEFORE you sign up. There it no pressure sales pitch and it is presented as an opportunity for you to gauge whether you and the club are a good fit.

As others have stated, always check the club calendar for the event schedule or to be sure the ranges are available.

I'm a former Board of Trustees member and current League Co-Chair of PPC.  Been a member 15(?) or so years.  I simply tell folks to make new friends and shoot in as many leagues as possible.  You can't beat the FREE training from Experts in their respective shooting disciplines.  Learning through osmosis means you get to look at your annual dues through a new pair of eyeglasses.  Pay the league fee (often just $5-$10 bucks) and be trained for just the cost of ammo!  Even with 3 Leagues (Static Steel, Shotgun and Black Powder) firing simultaneously outdoors on a typical Sunday in warm weather, you can still bring a guest or three to the indoor range and be ALL ALONE.  Since only hand gun caliber rifles are permitted inside, it's calm enough to train a kid, wife or girlfriend (just keep the last two separated, lol) how to shoot w/o M-4's blastin'-away in the next shooting port.

I have made many friends from all walks of life there.  Poor schlubs to millionaires.  All treat each other with utmost respect.  Several of my friends that I've guested into the outdoor range on a Sunday afternoon "post-league" (2:30 - 3:00pm) have been "offered a ride" on a .50 BMG Barrett just because a friend of mine wanted to be nice.  It's AMAZIN' what can happen when you're not paying by the hour to be there....   

That all being said, as High Exposure alluded to, if you're looking to have free unfettered access every day on weekends, then this isn't the right place for you.

Dave

We do not have machines in place at the club, what we do have is a large field with three shooting cages and you can either mount your own machine on a stantion or wheel your electric out to where ever and have at it. We don't have a 'Trap House' or 'skeet towers' but the regular matches are along the lines of a 5-stand match and as said, you can set up as you like in off hours. Even on the fullest Sunday, you can probably set up Shotgun after 1pm,opening time at a lot of ranges, and shoot until closing.

I am currently serving as Vice-President and have been Co-Chair of the USPSA match for about 15 years, You'll be hard pressed to find a better group than you will find at OBRPC.