Purple Patrick

Burger King hot dogs

Finally grabbed one earlier, chili n cheese.  Right from the start I noticed a smoked flavor, nice.  Overall a good hot dog, but I can travel a mile further up the road to Jersey Johnnies (formerly Falls View) in Pequannock and grab one of theirs for the same price.

Use to go to JBs at least once a month when I was on the road. Haven't been to one in awhile. Just a couple months ago, took my wife. Wish it was closer. Its the best!

If you want to drool more, they have a facebook page and site. They even ship all over now. But not cheap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

George and Manny in Dunellen --  Grew up on these -- High school lunch we'd go --2up and fries...

they are dam expensive now -- like $7 for 2 dogs -- I haven't been in awhile

I'm not sure there's a better chili dog anywhere

Try Yocco's. They have hot Texas wieners.

Maks - What a paradox...  Won't eat processed meat but you'll eat nitrate laden Pig candy?

Seriously. I don't know what BK does, but the average burger is just ground beef. I don't consider that processed food. Most commercial bacon comes out of a chemistry set.

I tried one of each today. Not bad and not great. The chili dog was better with some ketchup on it.

I don't care what's on it, it always gets a dab of ketchup. Dirty Harry can bite me.

No it's not --  The Texas wiener your thinking about was in Green brook on Rt.22 -- that family also owned a Texas Wiener in plainfield my parents tell me about

Dunellen TW is still there and better than the one on Rt.22 -- It's on Rt28 on the left of the advance Auto

We would cut class in Scotch Plains to get to the one in Plainfield for lunch. It was just a hole in the wall place. No seats. No tables. And if the line was 2 deep at the counter, your back was against the wall. It was that small. The best chilly dogs I've ever had. And thats going back some. 

If I put sauerkraut on a dog it gets NO ketchup. With that one exception, like Mipa said, all my hot dogs get some ketchup! 

My favorite dogs are Hebrew National. If you have never tried them, you owe yourself the treat. Just don't get the skinny ones.

BTW, Unless it's 20 below zero outside. All my dogs get grilled. Boiling sucks.