Arthur Kill

CCW Training Debate

Yes, the training requirements for CCW in FL are incredibly inadequate. I have a friend who moved there from NJ who had never owned, or fired a gun.

He was able to retain a FL CCW with unbelievable ease. Now, he keeps an unsheathed, S&W 3954 9mm pistol with no safety, fully loaded, rattling around in his glove box! And he firmly believes he can legally shoot someone that steps on his lawn.

He has ZERO training but carries a gun legally.

They even had a CCW holder down there a few years ago that killed an unarmed teenager who was walking home from the candy store.

FL is firearms insanity incarnated.

Yes, the training requirements for CCW in FL are incredibly inadequate. I have a friend who moved there from NJ who had never owned, or fired a gun.

He was able to retain a FL CCW with unbelievable ease. Now, he keeps an unsheathed, S&W 3954 9mm pistol with no safety, fully loaded, rattling around in his glove box! And he firmly believes he can legally shoot someone that steps on his lawn.

They even had a CCW holder down there a few years ago that killed an unarmed teenager who was walking home from the candy store.

So what's your point?

He was able to retain a FL CCW with unbelievable ease. Now, he keeps an unsheathed, S&W 3954 9mm pistol with no safety, fully loaded, rattling around in his glove box!  :icon_e_surprised: Holy Shit!!! You're right Fresh Kills Landfill. That is so dangerous as we all know guns, when left unattended, tend to go and shoot people all on their own. You should go arrest your "friend" immediately and save all of us Floridians. I'm so scared now to hear of this. Boy, spoken like a true Moms Demand member.

Aww, you feel bad for Travon? He was such a good boy.

Ois vai.... now I know why people call for your head. =)  But don't worry there is hope.

Why do you saying Florida's requirements are lax?  Then what would you say for AZ, AK or Vermont? with constitutional carry?  Or what about PA? where you need a piece of paper?

Florida is actually fairly strict on CCW and carry laws.

the problem with your arguement is that you provide no solutions.

Lastly, concealed carry and personal defense is a RIGHT... it is not a privilege like driving. The moment you start restricting carry, you turn into NJ.

I don't know about you... but I feel safer in a cowboy state like AZ and Texas than I do in NJ.

Even though I agree, that people SHOULD have plenty of CCW training, I am ABSOLUTELY AGAINST REQUIREMENTS. 

Florida CCW has a training requirement.  If your friend has a CCW with ZERO training, he obtained it illegally and must be reported.  You need to do your duty as a self righteous arbiter of such matters of consequence and turn your friend in.  Otherwise, you are complicit in the insanity incarnated.

Funny I got my Florida CCW, and I had to do live fire/safety training to obtain it. As does every Florida resident that wants a permit. So your buddy is either lying about having a permit to carry, or you've just fabricated a bullshit story that we all saw right through... Go troll someplace else please.

BTW... gun's don't go into sheaths, blades do. Guns go into holsters. "Unholstered" would be the proper term. Just an FYI for the next time you attempt to troll a fourm, full of responsible gun owners.

Also the 3954 has such a heavy trigger, you pretty much have to stand on it to fire it. Pretty unlikely even without a holster, it could go off in a glove box without human assistance.

Travon should have thought about his decision, before he decided to bring a can of Arizona fruit punch, and a bag of Skittles to a gun fight he instigated...

Ya mean unlike the trained cop that killed am unarmed kid in a stairwell in nyc?

Since when do you need to be assaulted only by an armed assailant to shoot legally?

Ya mean unlike the trained cop that killed am unarmed kid in a stairwell in nyc?

Since when do you need to be assaulted only by an armed assailant to shoot legally?

NYPD determined that training isn't necessary so long as you have a 15lb trigger on your Glock.

NYPD determined that training isn't necessary so long as you have a 15lb trigger on your Glock.

i just took that trigger out of the gen 2 glock i just picked up used.  you are telling me if i put it back in I can carry in NYC plaxico burress style?

Some places have training requirements, some have none - big deal.  Some states do driver's tests in parking lots while some do them on the streets in traffic.  The point is you should have a right to carry a gun if you so choose.  However, the gun has an idiot for an owner if they don't get some training.  If you have that gun you should understand the responsibility of carrying it and understand what will happen to you if shoot someone your life will be forever changed.  The last thing any responsible person should want to do is shoot another person.  Carrying a gun is no different than having an insurance policy: it's a good thing to have but you hope that you will never need to use it.

I am now frightened to leave my home. So many gun wielding untrained wannabes waiting to get the chance to shoot someone for giving them a dirty look. OMG

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk.

Chainsaws! We need to pull them off the shelves now! Like yesterday now!

I can tell you this because I'm an expert with chainsaws. I had 100's of them, maybe 1000's. More than any one else here.

People can hurt them selves and more likely hurt others!

If it jus would save 1 life!

A guy used 1 in Texas.

I know you all here are uneducated.

Do we really have a right to cut wood people are massacring each other?

i just took that trigger out of the gen 2 glock i just picked up used. you are telling me if i put it back in I can carry in NYC plaxico burress style?

No. Us dumb civilians are not responsible enough. Only active duty Law Enforcement Officers are responsible enough.

Trayvon was an innocent young man while Mike Brown was a stone cold cop killer.

I am now frightened to leave my home. So many gun wielding untrained wannabes waiting to get the chance to shoot someone for giving them a dirty look. OMG

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk.

Right? If this guy isn't a member of Bloomturd's every town or mom's demand, I don't know

lol. Apparently being able to fend someone off during a fight, retain your weapon and shoot them is a problem because he wasn't trained?

Let's be serious here, you can't train someone to make smart moral decisions, even if what he did was wrong... But then again a supreme Court ruled it justified.

I'm gonna a take a wild guess and say your statement was nothing more than an over generalization of what actually happened and your inability to understand the details of an event.

Wow, this guy gets everyone wyrled up!

Which word didn't you understand?

:think:

You left out the part where you allege any cause of action, though your sensibility is duly noted.

And +1 for those calling you out on not reporting your imaginary friend who improperly attained a FL CCW.

It is your self righteous duty to report your imaginary friend to the psych ward immediately, preferably in person..  If he obtained a CCW without meeting Florida's minimum  training requirement, he is in violation of Florida state law..  So, how about you get on that right away.

Yes, I heard about that person who defended himself against a brutal attempted murder by a drug user who had a reputation for burglaries, not to mention his association with the upstanding pacifist community organization known as the Crips.  Thank you for bringing that up.  It reminds me that the CCW system works.