danw77

Smith & Wesson SW22 Victory

My wife also has an SR22. Fantastic little gun. We did have an issue after about a year in where casings weren't ejecting. Sent it back to Ruger and they replaced the barrel. It's been fine ever since. I still really enjoy shooting it.

Great to hear! I've been looking for something for my petite girlfriend to shoot and all signs pointed to the SR22. I picked up the paperwork for a permit on Friday and will be picking one up once I get the permit.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Like 1

They moved the mag release, which was in the middle of the grip on the 22A. More than a few times the mag would get released by accident when shot by someone unfamiliar with its location.

Was the mag release protruding on the slim plastic-gripped models? It is at best flush in my target-gripped 22A, and I have never had anyone accidentally drop the mag in mine yet. http://malice4you.com/images/realsteel/22a_1_sm.jpg

On a somewhat related note, the safety on the 22A is kinda poorly designed and never actually covers the red mark (and has no other markings), which can lead to confusion.

Just picked up a Victory last night. I haven't fired it yet but I did break it down and check for debris/cleanliness and oiled it. I'm really impressed with the simplicity and the features you get for the money. List price is $409, and you'll probably pay that right now because they are scarce at the moment.

20160825_173142_zpssop6iatz.jpg

Anyone have a lead in SW22 magazines? I'd like to get 2-4 more, depending on the cost.

https://www.lanbosarmory.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=34607&referrer=cnwr_4191340829622

you're not really going to find them cheaper than this..  i bought a couple from here after much much searching.  eBay will not be cheaper, havent really seen them for less than $30 there...

• Like 2

Just picked up a Victory last night. I haven't fired it yet but I did break it down and check for debris/cleanliness and oiled it. I'm really impressed with the simplicity and the features you get for the money. List price is $409, and you'll probably pay that right now because they are scarce at the moment.

20160825_173142_zpssop6iatz.jpg

Got out to the range with this piece the last two days. First time I took American Eagle 22 and Thunderbolt. My SIL and I had major issues with the gun not going into battery and several miscellaneous problems. Not sure what was going on. Brought it home, cleaned it real well, etc.

Today I took it out again and ran 135 rounds of American Eagle through it with no issues at all. 

I have heard endless complaints about Thunderbolt, but I've never had any issues shooting it in our Golden Boy. Pistol doesn't seem to like it a bit, though.

I'm thinking something might have been out of whack inside too, just too many various issues.

Seems to be working perfectly now though.

Got out to the range with this piece the last two days. First time I took American Eagle 22 and Thunderbolt. My SIL and I had major issues with the gun not going into battery and several miscellaneous problems. Not sure what was going on. Brought it home, cleaned it real well, etc.

Today I took it out again and ran 135 rounds of American Eagle through it with no issues at all. 

I have heard endless complaints about Thunderbolt, but I've never had any issues shooting it in our Golden Boy. Pistol doesn't seem to like it a bit, though.

I'm thinking something might have been out of whack inside too, just too many various issues.

Seems to be working perfectly now though.

Make sure the takedown screw is tight. It has a tendency to come loose. I put a lock washer on it and haven't had a problem since.

• Like 1

I was thinking the basic $350 buckmark, but now that I've held and seen the V close up I'm more impressed. 
Grip is a little small at the bottom, but for $400 with the high visibility sights is not bad. And I like the SS models.

13 hours ago, TRM9999 said:

I was thinking the basic $350 buckmark, but now that I've held and seen the V close up I'm more impressed. 
Grip is a little small at the bottom, but for $400 with the high visibility sights is not bad. And I like the SS models.

I had to send mine back to S&W after a few 100 rounds. They replaced the firing pin and hammer and all springs. It should arrive Monday and I will report after than. The sights do not work as well at an indoor range but are very bright outdoors.

Pistol back from S&W repair and sent 200 rounds down range without a hiccup so lets hope the problem is solved.

On a side note the front site still disappears at the indoor range.

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 10:53 AM, TRM9999 said:

I Took the plunge and got the SW22 V. Put my permit in about 2.5 weeks ago and originally looking at the expensive line of Mark IVs. After some consideration I was liking the basic Buckmark. But now with the Mark IVs off the table for awhile, I went for the SW22V. Actual cost was $409. Available in PA at Cabelas for $360 but with the FFL and checks, I got it local which always seems to help. 
Popped the screw, took it apart, dabbed some oil, readied a range of ammo including some mini-mags and tomorrow I get to shoot it.
Looking at all the videos and even holding in the store didn't really sink in how solid this gun is. Its got some weight. Sights are fine and after a few hundred rounds or more, I'll consider the trigger upgrade and guide rod replacement if having too much misleads.

Ok, tried mine out today at 25 yards. 200+ mixed rounds and really not that dirty. 

100 round box of mini-mags and not a single problem. First shots easily within a 5 in group on my 10 inch target. I shot and looked through my binoculars. Shot again aiming lower and the same nice group closer to the center. So adjusted the elevation the wrong way of course (doah!) so wasting ammo/time trying to get it back in the target zone. (Hint: Only adjust one click at a time.)
Before you know it, that was 100rds of my CCI-Mags - but with no glitches at all. 

So now I had to use some mixed cheaper ammo. No good. Jams right off the bat. I could feel the power drop and a weaker slide action. Adjusted the sites again to follow the cheaper ammo brands but that was a big mistake.
Fed Target lead was terrible and too light. Just couldn't activate the slide. 
Campion lead did a little better and I could feel more power.
I emptied some box magazines to use their coated bullets and they were a little better but I forget the brand.
I have CCI LR as yet to try. (Hoarded cheap ammo maybe wasn't the best deal after all.)
Dealer told me don't bother with stingers. They are too hot for the slider and not as accurate.
Shooting was acceptable at 25 yards with the good ammo -  and all over the place with the cheap ammo.

I have a lot of work to accurately sight it in the CCI-Mag ammo and keep it as my base setting.

In the sun those fiber optic sites shined brightly and it was a really positive big aid, but at 25 yards under the covered bench the front site was much darker so a hard job to see and line up. My eyes were getting tired too.

Walking forward tests to 10 yards accuracy was good with any ammo.  At 15 yards it was still good. At 20 yards the cheap ammo group was getting larger and I couldn't tell where they were hitting. From the covered bench at 25yds, I couldn't keep track of the cheap ammo hits at all. By now there were 200 plus holes in all my targets. Time to call it a day.

So I still have a lot of work to site it in at 25 yards with one good ammo like the CCI-Mags. 

What did I think about the gun. Heck yeah I'm impressed with it and the price.
I could have walked over to the short range but I don't feel its challenge with this gun. 

Yet another update is I found on my gun it has a metal spring rod as opposed to a polymer rod shown in 22plinksters first review. I'm also told the takedown screw is improved and bigger and mine had a little red locktite on the threads to keep it snug and in place.