Sign in to follow this  
Iggyort

Black Hat Precision Rifle Seminar at OBRPC Feb 28, 2016.

This thread probably belongs in the Training Techniques and Tools Section but since it is specific to Precision Rifle I will post it here.

As a result of some cancellations we have additional spots open for the February 28th Precision Rifle Seminar and Fitment Clinic being held at the OBRPC Indoor Facility

This was very well received last year, and is a good chance to lock down a solid understanding of all the different aspects of long range shooting as well as get your precision rifle fitted.

The cost of the seminar is $150. Please contact Freddy Wissing at [email protected] to sign up for the seminar.

You will need your rifle and a shooting mat. NO AMMO is required.

Iggyort

Mike. It was good to see you again. I got something else in mind for a build for this fall. A little less (weighty). More mobile. I do love my 300 wm you worked up for me Its the 6.5 ruger platform im gonna work on. It was kinda funny to see the other students there asking so generic questions as to what you can do. You da man. Thanks again.

• Like 1

Thanks to Iggy and OBRC for hosting us!  

This is the second time we've ran this and it was very successful, with loads of people remarking how much they got out of it.

It was very helpful to have a custom rifle builder like Mike there to explain and demonstrate what goes into making a long range precision rifle shoot accurately.  

Golf - you can email me at bhtcorps AT gmail.  

That goes for anyone who attended who has follow up questions, wants comparative advice on purchases, caliber choices... anything at all.  

I went to range today and applied the distance ranging on my moa reticle. And it was pretty close at 300 yards. I came up with about 25 yards further. Cool stuff. I think ill just walk around the neighboorhood and try ranging my neighboors trash cans up and down the street

Here are some pics from the fitment portion, where the staff is reviewing each of the students on the fine detail of alignment, right hand and trigger position.  

Some names to go with the faces would be nice, lol!

I went to range today and applied the distance ranging on my moa reticle. And it was pretty close at 300 yards. I came up with about 25 yards further. Cool stuff. I think ill just walk around the neighboorhood and try ranging my neighboors trash cans up and down the street maybe not.

That's awesome that you got right out there and started working on it while it's all still fresh.

You can do this at your local range.  Fold a piece of paper randomly and staple it up at known distance.

Then MIL (or MOA) it.  

Running the formula backwards

M is MIL or MOA reading here:

Distance  * M / Coefficient

So for a piece of paper at MOA that you read as 7 MOA tall:

100 x 7 / 95.5 = 7.3    

For MILS:

100 x 2.1 / 27.778 = 7.5

This allows you to work on the accuracy of your milling without having access to actual distance.   You'll see this exercise in competitions all the time.  

Your estimates need to be within 15% all the time, and should be within 10% almost all of the time.