Scorpio64

Need Help Identifying Handguard

I think I have the Mfg. of the HG ID'd as Midwest Industries.  I assumed the logo in the pic was just a MI promo picture that AIM scooped to display MI's rail section but after looking at all of MI's handguards I'm pretty sure the design of the HG is very much in line with their engineering style.  I think the thing that may have thrown me off is that the HG is probably on it's side and the full length picitinny rail cannot be seen from that angle    Still I cannot find a HG on MI's site with the same egg shaped vents.  Maybe it's a discontinued model. 

I think it might be an early version of the geiselle mlok rail.attachicon.gifM-LOK.jpg

WINNER WINNER Chicken Dinner !!!

I thought that too but only looked at Geisselle's current offerings.  After a quick image search this came up confirming it..

hand-guard.jpg

geissele it is.   the top pic must have the rail upside down.

Yep, the perspective is on it's side from the bottom..  It's a shame too because if it was uniform all the way around I'd buy it in a heartbeat.  Well, maybe a few hundred heartbeats, Gieselle gear is mad expensive.  I think I found an alternative with ALG's EMR v1 handguard. Nice and smooth with just M-LOK slots on all four rails.   I despise the look of a full length picatinny rail and it would serve no purpose on my SPR.  I do not use open sights on it, all I really want is to mount is a bipod stud and maybe a sling attach point.

why even get mlok if you are not going to mount anything to it... maybe do something totally different like a light weight carbon fiber free float tube.. 

Strength, ventilation, , I like the look, can share with my M4 outfitted with M-LOK if I had to, and best of all, because i like saying M-LOK :D

Yep, the perspective is on it's side from the bottom.. It's a shame too because if it was uniform all the way around I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Well, maybe a few hundred heartbeats, Gieselle gear is mad expensive. I think I found an alternative with ALG's EMR v1 handguard. Nice and smooth with just M-LOK slots on all four rails. I despise the look of a full length picatinny rail and it would serve no purpose on my SPR. I do not use open sights on it, all I really want is to mount is a bipod stud and maybe a sling attach point.

I have the 13" EMR V2 on my .40 carbine and I love it. It will be my go to rail for all future rifle builds. If it used a standard barrel nut I would put it on every AR I owned.

Here it is with an Arisaka Light mount, MBUS, Magpul sling mount and a Magpul handstop:

3E1C77E7-0FDC-415C-AE04-998E77BCE68B_zps

Quality gear and very affordable when compared to similar MLOK/Keymod free float tubes.

I have the 13" EMR V2 on my .40 carbine and I love it. It will be my go to rail for all future rifle builds. If it used a standard barrel nut I would put it on every AR I owned.

Here it is with an Arisaka Light mount, MBUS, Magpul sling mount and a Magpul handstop:

3E1C77E7-0FDC-415C-AE04-998E77BCE68B_zps

Quality gear and very affordable when compared to similar MLOK/Keymod free float tubes.

When I was investigating the mfg of the rail in my OP I found that Midwest Industries has a few drop in rail systems that are very similar.  A little to spiky for my taste but may be worth checking out if you like the full length rail look