Nucrunner

Action News “Arming Yourself Against the Active Shooter”

If you’re in the Philadelphia viewing area,
Action News (channel 6) is previewing an “Arming Yourself Against the Active Shooter” segment for tonight’s (2/26) 11 o’clock news.
Previews show folks buying guns and getting training – I have no idea how the news station will treat to topic – just a head’s up if you want to watch it.

When I first say Philadelphia I was thinking they would be advocating for arming themselves with pens and rocks, but maybe the public is beginning to awaken and take some responsibility for their own safety!

If you’re in the Philadelphia viewing area,

Action News (channel 6) is previewing an “Arming Yourself Against the Active Shooter” segment for tonight’s (2/26) 11 o’clock news.

Previews show folks buying guns and getting training – I have no idea how the news station will treat to topic – just a head’s up if you want to watch it.

Thanx! Here on the mountain top in Sussex county I get all the Philly stations. So I'll set the DVR to grab it.

Don't watch the Philly news as a rule.

Thanx! Here on the mountain top in Sussex county I get all the Philly stations. So I'll set the DVR to grab it.

Don't watch the Philly news as a rule.

Mountain top in Sussex?  I grew up in Vernon on a mountain top probably in the same vicinity.

Mountain top in Sussex?  I grew up in Vernon on a mountain top probably in the same vicinity.

Well, metaphorically speaking. I'm at 955' at the house foundation, plus another 30 or so to the antenna. But the main thing is that topographically I've got a clear line-of-sight to the Philly antenna farms. (Most of them.) Actually, after the transition to digital my NYC reception went down somewhat, but the Philly reception is nearly perfect. I guess that's why I climbed the tree with the antenna and a battery powered TV to check reception before we bought the piece in 1984. Back then there was no cable up here, and satellite was a joke.

Maybe someday I'll be an Eagles fan?

Well, metaphorically speaking. I'm at 955' at the house foundation, plus another 30 or so to the antenna. But the main thing is that topographically I've got a clear line-of-sight to the Philly antenna farms. (Most of them.) Actually, after the transition to digital my NYC reception went down somewhat, but the Philly reception is nearly perfect. I guess that's why I climbed the tree with the antenna and a battery powered TV to check reception before we bought the piece in 1984. Back then there was no cable up here, and satellite was a joke.

Maybe someday I'll be an Eagles fan?

You have over a hundred feet on me.

Go Eagles!

This is really not new. There has been a lot of news out of PA, including Philly, about people carrying guns and getting into conflicts. On Philly TV or 69 out of Lehigh Valley. For the past 5 years it has been increasing. This provides awareness to Jersey residents and is of great value. Most people in Jersey think you can carry a gun if you live in Texas. Instead of 47 states. Most people that get NY programming never see the stuff.

I just watched the clip on 6abc website. I thought it was fair, well balanced and informative. Actually I am very surprised that a Philly station (liberal) was so fair about the subject. Happy to see the "main stream" media tackling the subject and letting people know that gun owners are not gun nuts. We walk among everyone else. lol

<iframe width="476" height="270" src="http://6abc.com/video/embed/?pid=1221133" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Not sure if I can just copy "embed" and post.

If not I'll come back and try to delete.

Either way - not a bad job.

I just watched the clip on 6abc website. I thought it was fair, well balanced and informative. Actually I am very surprised that a Philly station (liberal) was so fair about the subject. Happy to see the "main stream" media tackling the subject and letting people know that gun owners are not gun nuts. We walk among everyone else. lol

They can't ignore it. Carry is just too common nowadays. They try to ignore it, but they have to address it in token measure if they want ratings. This has been happening with notable frequency for about 5 years and is increasing. It's a very positive thing. Unfortunately, people in North Jersey still never hear about this stuff.

Philly front page, 2011:

http://cache2-thumb1.pressdisplay.com/pressdisplay/docserver/getimage.aspx?file=83692011051600000000001001&page=1&scale=30