gunnarsport

Quickest permit turnaround time?

Just out of curiosity, what NJ town/city is typically the quickest to turnaround handgun permits?

I am in Robbinsville (Mercer Co.) and ever since I got into this hobby back in 2011, I have got 6 permits. All of them took NO LONGER than 13 days for me to get the permit

in my hand. I currently have another application in yesterday and I suspect it will take the same amount of time. For the 2 permits I got late last summer, the Dectective

called my 2 references the next morning, hard to beat that, I would think.

We do, however, have a new acting Chief (a female, first in Mercer Co.), so it will be interesting to see if the process changes are not.

Just out of curiosity, what NJ town/city is typically the quickest to turnaround handgun permits?

I am in Robbinsville (Mercer Co.) and ever since I got into this hobby back in 2011, I have got 6 permits. All of them took NO LONGER than 13 days for me to get the permit

in my hand. I currently have another application in yesterday and I suspect it will take the same amount of time. For the 2 permits I got late last summer, the Dectective

called my 2 references the next morning, hard to beat that, I would think.

We do, however, have a new acting Chief, so it will be interesting to see if the process changes are not.

Did a private sale with someone that lives in Union Beach, NJ and he said 4-5 days he got his permit.  My town however takes 6-8 weeks.

Also against the law.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk.

I'm just going by what the person said lol...  Could be BSing me at the time.  All I cared about was the proper docs where valid and the cash payment lol

Also against the law.

Paul:

Is it illegal to issue in less than 7 days from date of application, or just illegal to use it in less than 7 days from date of application?

Adios,

Pizza Bob<------too lazy to look up the statute

Paul:

Is it illegal to issue in less than 7 days from date of application, or just illegal to use it in less than 7 days from date of application?

Adios,

Pizza Bob<------too lazy to look up the statute

You're right Bob. No one can acquire a handgun within 7 days of application. But you know what happens when someone gets their permit. The ink isn't even dry and they are at the store buying. They could unknowingly break the law.

No handgun shall be delivered to any person unless such person possesses and exhibits a valid permit to purchase a firearm and at least seven days have elapsed since the date of application for the permit

that 7 day initial hold is snopes worthy, fact or fiction lol! most folk dont know it because, well, you know.

Are you questioning me or the law?

I grew up in Vernon, Sussex County and I remember getting my first P2P when I turned 21, the complete process was done in 3 weeks, and each additional P2P I got were all right around 2 weeks. 

Flash forward 30 years or so and I am consistently waiting 5 months through the NJSP.  Sorry had to vent!

Carneys point 3 days was the fastest. 7 was the longest for p2p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As pointed out previously - you can't use it until 7 days from date of application