Howard

Wow, My new PPQ M2 5" 9mm is a tack driver!

Just picked up my PPQ from my FFL this morning and tried it out straight out of the box. Wow is this thing a tack driver. I have a bunch of handguns and have never shot one this well, especially one I have never touched before. Here is my IDPA target at 10 yards for the first 10 or so shots.  I know the shots are left, but that appears to be because the sights have to be adjusted as you can see in the second picture:

24939202719_9780d05e62_b_d.jpg

25188623542_c067f89547_b_d.jpg

• Like 1

I've been eyeing this pistol for a couple of months now. It has absolutely the BEST stock trigger I've ever felt on a striker fired polymer handgun. Glad to see it's accurate too! One question, if they sights are drifted to the left too much, wouldn't the gun shoot right?

• Like 1

I've been eyeing this pistol for a couple of months now. It has absolutely the BEST stock trigger I've ever felt on a striker fired polymer handgun. Glad to see it's accurate too! One question, if they sights are drifted to the left too much, wouldn't the gun shoot right?

Don't think so. When you adjust sights remember FORD, you move the front sight opposite the direction you want to shoot and the rear direct. Thus if you want bring the hit right you move the rear to the right.

• Like 1

That is some fine shooting, I can't do that with ANY of my handguns!

Thanks. Neither can I, that is why I was so impress with gun. I am close to this with my STI Trojan, but was even better with this PPQ. Just imagine what a good shooter could do with it!

did you put all ten shots in one hole ?

Because I don't see any holes in that target

:-)

there was one an inch or so lower left :). I was shocked how darn consistent it was with me behind it.

Love my PPQ. Have debated getting the 5" version too!

My wife has that one. That pistol makes every trip to the range, regardless of what else she shoots that day. With that trigger and the 5" barrel she is the most accurate with it.

I would note that Walther mills out the slide so the weight of the 5" is the same as the 4" and is not front heavy. It looks like it's been ported, but the barrel hasn't.

Great pistol. I have the M1 version.

• Like 1

Howard:

I also have the Walther PPQ M2 5" barrel and agree with your assessment. The additional 1" barrel length goes a long way to improve accuracy. As far as I am concerned, it is what the next generation of the Glock should be....

• Like 1

I have the PPQ in .9 and .45 they are both very accurate and smooth and have a great trigger.

The .45 is on my very short list! I'm hoping they'll put out an M1 version. But if not, I'll plunge anyway as soon as the budget allows.

Howard, have you have any "issues" with the slide not locking back on the last round due to the slide lock being so big?

Well I have only put two boxes of ammo through it, but so far no issues.  I would not expect any as the lever is long and thin.  I don't push my thumbs hard into the gun, so I have never had that as an issue on any gun.

Glad you took a sip of the PPQ koolaid, Howard!

I recommend changing out the stock sights. I've used Meprolights and since replaced them with Trijicon HD night sights which are vastly superior.

I've only ever had the slide not lock back maybe 3 times in about 4k rounds (probably more). Basically a non issue.

I also just got some Talon grips in the mail and plan on installing them soon. Might upgrade my baseplates with some Taylor Freelance ones, too.

Great choice you'll enjoy the hell out of it.