silverado427

NJ2AS debate vs Florio and guest

Florio is a jazz clown, Who's stuck in a delusional time warp.  Alex called out his assault weapon ban for what it was B S . And the assemblyman from Hudson county Well lets just say typical north  jersey clown. 10 round mags will save lives.. 

• Like 1

I had to stop watching at 12 minutes (btw, skip to ten minuets to avoid the introductions) where Floriio claims that the anti-federalists were against standing armies, thus also against the 2A. 

Anyone who has read the Federalist Papers  knows that it was Madison who was clearly against standing armies, NOT the anti-federalists.  If anything, the anti-federalists wanted their own standing armies in their respective states.  Furthermore, when you look at state constitutions like that of PA and Kentucky, they clearly state the individual right to bear arms for common defense AND individual defense.

jeez almost 2 hrs, but did watch untill 1:15 after the audience guest sargeant fukn saluted florio lol...reminded me of a certain banned member here. then the mommy mom started and I tapped out. I think Alec did well all things considered. will finish later. was also nice to see another 2A guy on a panel for a change

i watched the entire video last night.  

My thoughts.   Kind of a waste of time.   Alexander and the Attorney did a great job.   Neither side moved towards the middle (if you can call us agreeing with some but not all of their demands the middle)  the members of the audience already had their minds made up.  

Here are things that get me that people never get corrected on or brought up.

PRO2A:  "criminals ignore these gun laws so why keep adding them to the books"

ANTI2A:  "murder is against the laws too, should we not have laws against murder"

Why are they never called out on the fact that murder is an infringement on someone else's life.  Owning a 30 round capacity assault cartridge clip doesn't.   Making it illegal to own one is like arresting a man because he has a dick.  I mean, he has the tools to commit a rape.   The fact that these people can't differentiate between the act of doing something vs the act of doing nothing amazes me. 

Universal background checks: 

They want us to trust they won't abuse it, but in NJ your wife can't even take your gun to the range without getting a pistol permit of her own and transferring it to her.  Might as well buy a new gun.   Im glad Alexander didn't stress that background checks are a gateway to registration and confiscation, because to moderates we seem crazy for saying that although both sides know thats at least partly the end goal.  

The 80% of NRA members support background checks but the NRA goes against them:   If I ran an organization that 80% of my members thought I should do something and I did the opposite, why would those members stay.  And why would new members join by huge numbers every year?

Other than that, I'm surprised there was no talk on smart guns.  

NRA pushed for the instant check system when Clinton wanted waiting periods.  Because of that and the lack of funding the NICS system has never been fully implemented.  Most states do not enter criminals and mental illness people into system. Nor do the Feds prosecute violators of NICS with any vigor  NRA is against the push for registration out of the NICS check.  Look up NRA position on background checks, it is one of the most mis-understood positions out there,

https://www.nranews.com/series/wayne-lapierre/video/wayne-lapierre-the-truth-about-background-checks/episode/wayne-lapierre-season-1-episode-5-the-truth-about-background-checks

Generally good arguments from the pro-2A side but too much of the same. The two sides in this state will never agree on anything. 

My opening comments would ask questions like, "Do you reel endangered while visiting your child at college in PA? While skiing in VT and NH? While listening to Mozart on the green in Tanglewood?" Many of these NJ anti-types don't even realize, as MipaFox has noted, that the minute you leave this lala-land that you are surrounded by people carrying guns. 

I've been in those states dozens and dozens of times and have never been shot.

That would have been a terrific forum to challenge them on that.

• Like 1

Making it illegal to own one is like arresting a man because he has a dick.  I mean, he has the tools to commit a rape.   The fact that these people can't differentiate between the act of doing something vs the act of doing nothing amazes me. 

mIWWm4V.gif

• Like 1