njpilot

For Those Who Wet Tumble Their Brass

Has anyone tried using one of these? If so, how do you like it. DVOR is selling this for $45 with free shipping this weekend.

Hate dealing with the corncob media and thinking of going to an ultrasonic cleaner.

Thanks.

http://www.opticsplanet.com/frankford-arsenal-reloading-tools-platinum-series-brass-dryer.html

That looks like it's well designed but when I follow the link I see $59.39 with free shipping

At $45 shipped I might even consider getting one

I have been wet tumbling for a few years now -- Never really cared much about how long it took to dry

Clean brass goes into a towel right out of the rinse bucket -- then once it's all out of the drum I switch towels 

the clean, wet brass, on a semi dry towel gets laid out in the sun for the day if it's warm enough, sometimes I'll put the brass right in front of the dehumidifier -- and in the winter the towel goes in front of the wood stove

Never takes more than 24 hours to dry

That looks like it's well designed but when I follow the link I see $59.39 with free shipping

At $45 shipped I might even consider getting one

I have been wet tumbling for a few years now -- Never really cared much about how long it took to dry

Clean brass goes into a towel right out of the rinse bucket -- then once it's all out of the drum I switch towels 

the clean, wet brass, on a semi dry towel gets laid out in the sun for the day if it's warm enough, sometimes I'll put the brass right in front of the dehumidifier -- and in the winter the towel goes in front of the wood stove

That link is for optics planet. The $45 price is at DVOR. I didn't link that because if you aren't signed up with DVOR, you can't see it.

http://www.dvor.com/frankford-arsenal-reloading-tools-platinum-series-brass-dryer.html?promotion=gunsmithing-and-reloading-sale-87-2016-02-27

IT IS a food dehydrator... We have a similar one at home for making dried fruits and some jerky.

Amazing how things get repurposed and resold for the gun crowd. lol.  Much like the ultrasonic cleaners which are regular jewelry cleaners. hehe

I will find out which one we have and link it here.

Cheaper version. http://www.amazon.com/Nesco-American-Harvest-FD-28JX-Dehydrator/dp/B000FFX642/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1456631535&sr=8-13&keywords=nesco+dehydrator

And the one we have...

http://www.amazon.com/Nesco-American-FD-61WHC-Snackmaster-Dehydrator/dp/B0002WSQHU/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1456631535&sr=8-4&keywords=nesco+dehydrator

This... 

Air is free, does the old lady use a food dehydrator to dry the pots and pans? 

Use the $50 to buy more brass, primers or heads and use the time you would spend messing with that stupid thing banging your old lady... 

In summer, sunshine works great. Spread on old sheet and lay outside in sun to dry, takes an hr or so. Advantage: fast, free and unlimited quantity.

In winter, throw brass on cookie sheet, then into clothes dryer on the drying rack. You can set the temp and time. Dries 1000 cases in 5 min.

After tumbling, and sifting out all of the SS media, brass goes back in the sifter and shaken really well.

Then into a towel for 2-3 minutes of agitation. Then into a shallow cardboard box with a couple of sheets of paper towel on the bottom (keeps cardboard from getting too soggy).

I lay them in front of a heating vent overnight and have clean, shiny brass in the morning.

I have noticed that anything that produces too much heat like a toaster oven, wood stove, etc. will oxidize the brass, making it darker and not as slick thru the dies.

PS - I also do the final rinse with hot water, and a few drops of Jet-Dry. This seems to keep any spotting to a minimum.