JDemented

Heritage Guild (Easton)

Had a gunsmith at the Heritage Guild in Easton install some sights on my RIA 1911 and I have to say I am not happy at all. The first time I shoot it after he done the job my rear sight walked it's way out at the range, he fixed it and I think I didn't get the chance to test it out, can't remember. Finally got a chance to shoot it yesterday and again to my surprise it move a few mm to the left. I am thinking of finding a different gunsmith to see if this can be fixed and not have to worry about it or let RIA step in and take care of it.

ce32e0dee26f203cd99e5aab60a2471b.jpg

e1804419e3f483f20a29c99202375524.jpg

I'm so pissed I just want to get rid of the whole slide and buy a new one all together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the set screw is missing replace it. Take a center punch and make several punch marks on the bottom of the sight (this assumes the sight is steel) - this will create small craters and the raised edges will improve the fit in the dovetail. When you reinstall, use blue Loc-Tite liberally in the dovetail. Adjust sight to correct position, use a drop of blue Loc-Tite on the set screw and tighten same. Allow Loc-Tite to cure.

Adios,

Pizza Bob